FEBRUARY GAME JAM: Theme: LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD

**Theme: Love is a Battlefield

Here are your winners!
](FEBRUARY GAME JAM: Theme: LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums)**Call of a Broken Heart by Marcin Matuszcyk](FEBRUARY GAME JAM: Theme: LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums)
Stay With Me by Hany Malek](FEBRUARY GAME JAM: Theme: LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums)
Dual Souls by RocketChip](FEBRUARY GAME JAM: Theme: LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums)

Highlight Video

v=-A3vNzza-ME

&stc=1

**THE RULES

• Make the most amazing game by yourself or with a team (up to 5) around the given theme in Unreal Engine 4.

• Submit a download link to this thread before **midnight on the night of February 15th / morning of Feb 16th **including the following:

• Team Name

• List of Team Members

• Name of submission (Please format it with your team’s name attached ex. TeamName_GameName)
    After you post your submission, PM me with the email addresses of your team members (up to 5), the name of your team and the name of your project. That makes it easier to get prizes out, so make sure to do it!

• We will announce the theme on the February** 12th stream**, when the jam will officially kick-off.

• A small panel at Epic will judge entries on the following criteria:

• Unique use of theme

• Fun factor

• Overall Visuals

• Detailed Rules Available Here

Each submission will receive a code redeemable for one 30 day subscription code per team member (up to 5), and the top 3 submissions will receive three 30 day subscription codes per team member (up to 5) and a t-shirt! We’ll be featuring the top submissions on the Twitch stream on February 26th, as well as posting winners to our official blog!

Happy developing, and good luck!

Theme Announce Countdown](Time since Feb 12, 2015 2:00 pm started in Raleigh)
**Submission Deadline **Countdown](Time since Feb 16, 2015 started in Raleigh)

Streaming your work on Twitch? Let us know so we can follow along!
Are you on Twitter? Show off your work using the #ue4jam](https://twitter.com/hashtag/ue4jam?src=hash) hashtag!

Chance

:slight_smile: You mean February 12th ? I can’t wait :smiley:

Btw. we received only one code per member for January :frowning:

^ Sending the others out manually. Sorry for delays man!

Also Fixed the typo - I’m the best :smiley:

I am strongly considering participating in this game jam, and if I do, it will be my first game jam.

I have a few questions.
One, I know this is being run by Epic and so the Unreal Engine is kind of a given, but I don’t see it mentioned anywhere in the rules yet. To participate in this jam, does my entry have to run on Unreal Engine 4, or would it actually be okay if I built the game with some other engine/tools?
Second to that, if UE4 is required, will Epic be supplying any sort of free use of UE4 for the duration of the jam?
I don’t mean to sound like a cheapskate, but I just don’t actually have a UE4 license yet because it’s not practical for me to switch engines at this point of my project, and it doesn’t seem reasonable to buy a whole month of license when I would only use it for four days.

@ Marscaleb

I don’t see the link to the rules here, but it was posted on the last 2 game jams, you can see them here:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?56004-JANUARY-GAME-JAM-Theme-BACK-TO-SQUARE-ONE
(click on the detailed rules link about half way down the page)

and yes, as far as I know and they haven’t changed it, you must have the license. ie: sub’d to UE4 at least once and own the engine
and have to ask why would they even want to do a gamejam event with someone else’s engine? wouldn’t make sense, this is UE4’s game engine site, it’s not like it’s some coding or gaming site doing the event.

the sub is $19 a month & 5% of anything you make over $3000 per quarter per game. (see the license for details, not an official license)
although I can understand that sometimes even that isn’t affordable but it is a one time fee for complete use of engine & it’s source. you still get use even if you cancel your subscription just can’t update to a newer version of the engine, etc.

there is some free for use stuff that can be used with the engine when you subscribe. (for use WITH engine)

but hope you can find a way, because it’s a great event. so, good luck!

Because the point of a game jam at all is to get people making games, first and foremost, above all else. Also they are nice people who care more about the future of the industry than they do for their own profits (hence why you can get the full source for $19.) So you never know for sure, and it doesn’t hurt to ask. :wink:
Looks like the original post has been updated now.

Thanks for the link!

I hope Aller streams the submissions again, that was the best.

My game will be better this time I promise! :slight_smile:

Good luck to everyone who is going to make a game for the gamejam.
If i have a free time this is going to be my first Unreal game jam.Hope i join too.

Bring It! Bring It On! lol

looking forward to another gamejam, hope to participate again!

the time constraints are a challenge in themselves, and can’t wait to see what comes up this time!
(what you learn alone is well worth it, make it or not)

hope to see you all there & in allar’s stream, great job allar!

I know you need to be a subscriber to participate and get the free month. I was just wondering if my team mates also need to be subscribers, for example if they are modellers or animators who don’t need the engine. I know they won’t get their free month but will it disqualify me from the game jam? BTW, to clarify, I am a subscriber.

Pro-Tip: I don’t validate all your team mate’s emails for subscription status :slight_smile:

In case anybody wants to check it out, I’ll be streaming some stuff tomorrow straight after the Unreal Stream, and Tesla’s stream. See here: [LIVE STREAM] TheJamsh's Developer & Tutorial Streams! - Community Content, Tools and Tutorials - Unreal Engine Forums

BTW: Winners get this little gem -

you know you want it :cool:

I’ll have to catch this next month once I can renew my sub. Good luck to all!

Sorry, I’m slightly confused lol. Do we have to have an active UE4 sub to participate? I’ve bought a sub in the past a few times, just need some clarification I guess haha. Thanks in advance! :cool:

You need to have had a sub (or academic code or whatever) at one point, it doesn’t need to be active to participate in the jam.

Cheers,
Noland

is right!

BTW Allar is trying really hard to be more clever than us and suggesting much, much better themes. Stand by for a last minute decision

Im going to try and make this one. It will be my first UE4 Game Jam so we’ll see how this goes. Woo Hoo!!