New Launcher ಠ_ಠ

What is happening?
It’s not a January 29th and definitely not a monday! >.>

Do you mean that they still havent published a new version of the engine? :slight_smile:

It will be released:

[= ;209135]

As mentioned here, a few weeks. In February.

[/]

Oh daaamn =_= I mean Launcher :smiley:

[=;213542]
[/]

Do you mean you have the new launcher or are wondering where it is? I don’t have it yet but mentioned during the stream yesterday they needed to do a bit more work on it. They did say it should be out either yesterday/today so we’ll have to see what happens, but not guarantees! Could be early next week if they need a bit more time. :slight_smile:

Hi guys!
The new launcher hotness is out and ready to be updated! Sorry for the wait there!

• B.

[=;213702]
Hi guys!
The new launcher hotness is out and ready to be updated! Sorry for the wait there!

• B.
    [/]

Yiss!
Finally!
Thanks for the update! <3

[=;213702]
Hi guys!

• B.
    [/]

Wow… Nice work guys, is a much improved launcher!

And a new Turn Based Strategy example!!! (check the learn tab!) :smiley:

Thanks guys!

EDIT - Quick question though, it seems to open Unreal Tournament by default at first, is there a way I can make it default to the Unreal Engine tab instead? Thanks!

Nevermind, I got it working properly… all fixed! :stuck_out_tongue:

Woo! Time to re-write the opening chapters of my new book!

Thanks guys ¬.¬

Just kidding, It looks great! nice work!

Looks very good, thanks a lot :slight_smile:

[=;213542]
[/]

I edited the title of the thread. :slight_smile:

The new branding for the Launcher is kinda ugly in my opinion.

A copy of the release notes taken from here: https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?1809-Launcher-Update-Notes&p=213694&viewfull=1#post213694

1/30 Release Notes - Launcher Version 1.11.1-2424173

Welcome to the new Epic Games launcher! We’ve redesigned the launcher for all our Epic users, whether you’re developing with UE4, or contributing to Unreal Tournament.

–Major Updates–

• Updated look and feel across the Launcher
  • Ability to re-size the launcher window as you please.

–Additional Updates–

• You can now view any pending tasks in the new pending tasks section. See progress of downloads and what actions are in queue.
  • Redesign of the Learn page for Unreal Engine
  • Set an engine slot as primary to make it the default choice to launch

–Bug Fixes–

• Fixed a number of crash bugs
  • Fixed a number of memory leaks
  • Numerous bug fixes for Mac and PC users

yay cool finally it’s here! Thank you very much Epic for your work :slight_smile:

The new interface it’s really beautiful at least for me (maybe someone can think his/her taste is the only truth but no way lol)

And a new project added thanks for that!
The only bad thing i could say about update would be i was waiting to get access to the new twitch showcased projects (i.e. extending the editor and paper2D :P)

EDIT: Removed “procedural rooms” from those projects because i posted without taking a look at the new Turn Based Strategy which is indeed that same project ^^

[=Nuclear-Cheese;213728]
The new branding for the Launcher is completely obnoxious and unnecessary change.

Application icon should be either the old one or the UE4 icon but with the “new” grey color scheme you guys are going with.

The Epic Game “Oh look at me” over-branded icon looks unprofessional. Along with it’s title “Epic Games Launcher”.
[/]

Seriously?

They have used an icon like for years going back to UDK. I think it looks great!

If you really can’t stand it you can always change the icon to whatever you want, right click, go to Properties, click Change Icon, and choose something else.

[=Meguido;213739]
The only bad thing i could say about update would be i was waiting to get access to the new twitch showcased projects (i.e. extending the editor and paper2D :P)
[/]

It was mentioned recently that those will be coming very soon! :slight_smile:

EDIT: No longer an, just finished syncing!
I am also having the reported below by Meguido, the Turn Based Strategy game is stuck on Syncing, tried restarting a couple times, and have left it for about 20min without any change.

Haha yeah that’s really really cool, thanks for letting me know @ :slight_smile:
That’s why i said “bad” because we have to *wait *to get our hands on it hahaha

EDIT: Btw anyone was able to download the new Turn Based Strategy? Whenever i select the version it get stuck on Syncing

Hi,
I love the new Launcher! Very nicely done guys!

Ok, it’s working now (only 4.2mb project wow). So it’s not syncing anymore

[=Nuclear-Cheese;213728]
The new branding for the Launcher is completely obnoxious and unnecessary change.
[/]

Hey Nuclear-Cheese, we’ve expanded the Launcher to be the central location for both UE4 developers and UT. We hope for the collection of resources all in one location to be a great benefit to our growing community.

I hope that explains the reason for the changes. Let us know if you have any other feedback.

Thanks

Every time you delete the newly created desktop shortcut, the launcher (when run again and every time after that) will try to fix ‘shortcuts’ and add it back. Please fix . Thanks. :slight_smile:

I got the new launcher today! Much better :slight_smile: