Support thread for Realistic Blueprint Weapons.

There is now a bunch of new videos to check out.

Setting up a project
Weapon settings Explained
Put a weapon in his hand
3rd person setup
Bullet penetration

Check them out here:
[Realistic Blueprint Weapons

One is still missing, that is attachments, it will come soon.

Please post any questions and concerns you have about my Blueprints here. I will do my best to answer them quickly.

If something is missing, not working or not working as intended, please don’t hesitate. You can either post here or send me a PM, I will respond as quickly as I can.

In the promotion thread, I was asked this:

*1. Is there any spread which I can apply to the weapons, I haven’t seen any parameters for that?

and

1. I currently have no idea on how to realize shotguns with the current setup of yours, any hints?*

I have added both to the Blueprint. I am unsure how to get the update to the marketplace, so please contact me either by mail or PM to get this latest version.

My email is

Here you see both the spread and the blast from a shotgun.

Capture.PNG

I have an updated version for those who want it, my email is in the first post.

I have uploaded a small setup guide on how to use the system in its updated form. Slightly more features and increased usefulness.

Update for you guys.

There were some network issues with the system. They have been resolved. All of the fixes took place in the Character Blueprint.
Please download the fixed version here:

If you have issues, don’t hesitate to email or PM me

Send an email your way.

Thanks.

I’m Really reeeally struggling to sort out alignment with a crosshair in third person…
The closer I am to an object, the impact is further to the left of the crosshair, and even stood 100 yards away its still off to the left >.<
Any help would be appreciated from anyone!

You can translate world space to screen space in Blueprint.

You need to find a location in the world that is a certain distance straight out from the muzzle… then translate that location to screenspace. I will see if I can set up an example. I had it kind of working at some point, but UMG created problems with networking for some reason.

Let me see what I can do.

Thank you so much, I’ve litterally tried everything i could yesturday…
Messing with the rotation of the muzzle, changing the location of my crosshair on the screen and more… But nothing has worked so far :frowning:
I know this isn’t anything to do with the system you have set up but third person seems to be an absolute nightmare!!
Thanks again for the help, I feel useless at the moment ^_-

I can send you my files for the project if that makes things easier to see how its set up with the cameras by the way.

Nah, I’ll just base my work on my own stuff… so I can put it in as default

this should work, even in 3rd person

A word of warning though

This example won’t shoot exactly at the crosshair in a 3rd person example… it will be close though. It is because it draws a line straight out from the barrel… and because of math, it won’t hit the crosshair.

Basically it’s a big triangle… so if you’re shooting at a distance of 10000 units, you hit where you aim… closer, you will shoot a bit left of the target, … further, you will shoot right of the target( assuming your camera is on the right side of your character).

To avoid this, you should have a dynamic range for the crosshair… try with line traces and hit locations etc. I hope it helps.

Hmm, For some reason i can’t join the target Weapon mesh node to the get socket transform

Edit: I’ve added you on the launcher, so i’m not taking up this thread, sorry.

This is the support thread, so it is the right place.

Try dragging out from the Weapon Mesh node and typing Get socket transform. It should come up.

After gaining some help from Fen. This is crosshair problem is now solved! I did exactly the same in another project for this Pack in the MyCharacter Blueprints. The Hit location for the bullets is exactly the same as the crosshair, regardless of distance.
Basically, I created a Widget, Placed my crosshair in the center. Attached that widget to MyCharacter, and set it to screen space with no collision. I then recreated my Vector variables (Unsure if you NEED them, but it works… so Why change it… Same with the "Get socket location. I had it on the head in my previous project, but it still seems to work)… so, yeah. I hope this helps for anyone using this pack for third person. It will save you some time! :smiley:
Here is a screenshot of the Blueprint, leading off from a sequence on the EventTick.

EDIT: I cannot take credit for this… Thank Fen!

Just tested it, You can use Get socket location > Weapon > Equipped Weapon and set the socket name to Muzzle and it works without using the Characters head as a trace :slight_smile:

This is very nice.

I will make something similar and add it to the project.

Not sure if this is my end… When I press R to reload, I can still fire. Like its not registering the reload. everything else seems great :smiley: thanks for the update, the muzzleflash is cool :D!

Yeah, the new update is pretty nice. I will add a lock while you’re reloading to prevent shooting.

I have some minor fixes ready as well, I will submit a new version to the marketplace soon.
Epic has stepped up and getting updates to the marketplace is now quicker. It’s still not streamlined, but it is faster.

The way I do impacts has changed, you can now do stuff where you get the impact… spawn a vehicle if you like :smiley: Or just make some explosion effect, it is useful for artillery for example.

Oh, and I want to mention that I found a way to do recoil in the Blueprints so you won’t even have to do animation for your recoil. You’ll be able to specify a min-max range of up-down recoil, and also left-right. The recoil can be random in a range(for example 1-2) or you can do a fixed recoil. You can make your weapon pull left or right on as well. Stay tuned.