Download my old, unreleased game for free

Edit: It seems like Chrome automatically detects any downloaded .exe file as malicious unless it comes from a list of specified sites which does not include common uploading sites like Dropbox and Mega. If you want to try the game you might have to temporarily disable this in Chrome, which can be done under Settings -> Show advanced settings -> "Privacy and unchecking the box labeled “Enable phishing and malware protection”. Downloading in a different browser should probably also work. I swear by the old gods and the new that there is no malware here, just an .exe exported from Multimedia Fusion. If anyone knows of any way I could convince chrome it isn’t malware, please comment below.

Before starting with UE4 I spent some time making games in Multimedia Fusion, which is a drag-and-drop game game maker similar to Construct or Game Maker. I used Multimedia Fusion because it was the successor to The Games Factory and Klik & Play before that, which I used for making games while I was growing up. My biggest project was a “Wizard’s Tournament”, which would have been a mix between an old Lucas Arts adventure game, a shmup and a fighting game, with a smattering of rpg elements. I had a lot of fun making it, and I think it’s a pretty unique concept. However, as my skills increased I started feeling constrained by my old, messy code and considered converting it to Unity. I also became obsessed with turn based strategy games, and attempted to create grid based pathfinding first in Multimedia Fusion, and later for Construct 2 and Unity in parallel with working on Wizard’s Tournament.

I had great difficulty in acieving this in all three engines and started to fear that making turn based strategy was simply too big an undertaking for a hobbyist with little programming experience. Then UE4 showed up, and I quickly found out that I loved working in blueprints. I was worried, however, that it would not be powerful enough to create the sort of game I wanted. I started making A* pathfinding in blueprints mostly to test this out and was completely floored by the power and flexibility of blueprints. A few months later I have a feature packed and efficient turn based strategy system going, and I am still having a blast adding new features. I feel like I’ve learned more about game making these last five months than I had in the same number of years beforehand.

Because of all this I find it very unlikely that I’ll ever return to Multimedia Fusion, but I still feel bad for letting a project go that I’ve worked on for a long time, and that represents my first steps into game development. I’d like to share my half finished work with the unreal community and hope that someone can get some fun or inspiration out of it. It’s a bit rough around the edges, but it’s been a labour of love, and I hope it shows.

Here’s the download link (30MB)

Some tips to playing the game:

• Unzip the game before playing or your progress won’t be saved. A file called savegame2 is created the first time you play. The very first time you also get an intro text in Norwegian which you can ignore. I don’t have Multimedia Fusion installed at the moment, so the file I’m sharing is the latest verion I shared with friends.
  • I highly recommend beginning with the tutorial.
  • The first opponent is both the least fun, least polished and the hardest to play against on hard. I recommend defeating him on easy first and returning to him later when you’ve unlocked the other opponents.
  • The difficulty is pretty high overall. Playing on higher difficulties grant you more points for unlocking new spells, but only provided you finish them with a good bit of health and time remaining. Start on low difficulties and learn the opponent’s patterns.
  • The last two enemies aren’t really finished, though the fourth one can be tested out. If you fight against the fat alchemist in the teapot press 1, 2 and 3 to unleash his different attacks. He can’t defeat you and neither can you attack him, so just press escape to return to the menu when you’ve had your fun.
  • Please post your high scores in this thread! My current best is 264 000 :slight_smile:

Chrome deleted it… saying it’s malicious weird…

Huh, that’s odd. Didn’t happen at my computer. Are anyone else getting the same issue? I’ll try adding a different download link and see if it helps.

Edit: Ok, I figured it out. It seems like Chrome automatically detects any downloaded .exe file as malicious unless it comes from a list of specified sites which does not include common uploading sites like Dropbox and Mega. If you want to try the game you might have to temporarily disable this in Chrome, which can be done under Settings -> Show advanced settings -> "Privacy and unchecking the box labeled “Enable phishing and malware protection”. I swear by the old gods and the new that there is no malware here, just an .exe exported from Multimedia Fusion. If anyone knows of any way I could convince chrome it isn’t malware, please comment below.

Come back when you’re younger :smiley: :smiley: Don’t know where the score is shown thu, funny game

Thanks :slight_smile: The score is shown on the top of the spell selection screen. Did you defeat all three wizards?

Same thing happened with me, chrome deleted it for being malicious.

Yeah, you have to temporarily disable malware protection to download it, which kind of sucks. Seems like Chrome now does this for all .exe files from all common uploading sites. If anyone knows a way to get Chrome to understand it’s not malware, please tell me. If you still want to try it out, , disable malware protection like I describe it at the top of th post.

i’m using imac safari it doesn’t download at all all i get is a empty white page please make this available for safari also i’m trying to download this for my win vista 32bit home prem and don’t have chrome for either mac or win laptop so please send me the actual direct download please please