User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alflakky's Camera styles

Red face Alflakky's Camera styles

Hello everyone!

I made couple camera custom BPs, that have diferent movement styles. These BPs can help you to learn a bit about camera logic and, if you want, can be used in your project for free.

Cameras:
    Use links or just scroll down
    Orbital Camera style
    Strategy style movement

Setup process:
    1. Place Cam(Or whatever it named).uasset in your content folder (ex: Project/Content/Blueprints)
    2. Launch your project and find the asset.
    3. Place asset in the level and setup it initial orientation, radius and settings
    4. Posses to it in game process or use auto posses

Hope you like it, guys!

great! ................

Hello guys! Here is a strategy style camera movement. Camera(Pawn) moves, when cursor is near the screen border. I I'm currently working on some additional features, but it works and ready to use by now.

Vid demo:

Features:
    Movement
    Border width(where pawn moves)
    Movement speed

Download:
    https://yadi.sk/d/eEL-MWq-jspdQ (4.9)
    https://yadi.sk/d/MlTrM4eLhKcJy (4.6)

Setup is similar to my orbit camera.

Here is simple camera orbit rotation BP(not sure about my English here ). It is a simple pawn, that can be rotated around focused object. It might be very usefull for ArchVis projects or model presentations.

Here is a vid demo:

Features:
    Object focusing(with smooth transition)
    Touch Support
    Pitch limits (by Y axis)
    Speed rotation setup

Download(version 1.0):
    https://yadi.sk/d/zl8LLzvMjspCR (4.9)
    https://yadi.sk/d/_QJV_PZDhKcHc (4.6)

Luminary
    Hello,
    Title changed and thank you for those nice gifts ^^

Nice one, will test it out some time
    System
    ASUS G550JK - 12GB ram, Nvidia GeForce 850 2GB

ArtStation
    Artwork thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fen View Post
    Hello,
    Title changed and thank you for those nice gifts ^^
    Nice one, will test it out some time
    Thank you guys

There is a minor issue with the orbit camera. When you move the camera upwards very quickly, it will actually glitch/flip to the other side and not stopped by the camera limitation you added. Probably because the limited area on the top is skipped entirely in a single frame. So the pitch is technically never in a restricted area. A possible solution would be to do the checks before actually rotating the camera.

Works great otherwise, thanks!
    Join us on IRC! We are on #unrealengine @ freenode.org

Hi this is awesome, I'm new to blueprints and you helped me a lot with this.

Can you please tell me how I could get the touch support working. The camera movement is working but I was trying to make the Camera focus to object also with the ,,get hit result under finger for objects,, but it just doesnt works :-(

Can you give me any advice?
    Thank you so much!
    G.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-05-23 at 12.44.15 am.png
Views: 9022
Size:  222.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GabOrDie View Post
    Hi this is awesome, I'm new to blueprints and you helped me a lot with this.

Can you please tell me how I could get the touch support working. The camera movement is working but I was trying to make the Camera focus to object also with the ,,get hit result under finger for objects,, but it just doesnt works :-(

Can you give me any advice?
    Thank you so much!
    G.
    Try set Finger Index to 1.

Anyone can upload this camera on other place? or reupload.

fantastic blueprint! thanks!!

hello AlFlakky
    sorry for my english
    I applied the first 3 items. I see cam on the content browser and viewport. but I press the play button and nothing happens
    please upload setup video or write step by step.
    Thanks
    Name:  screen.jpg
Views: 8418
Size:  257.9 KB

set "Auto Possess Player" to Player 0 in the drop down tab under Pawn
    Last edited by Buster2015; 09-18-2015 at 01:07 AM.

Awesome!!!!!!!

Nothing found
    The owner may have deleted the file or closed access to it.
    Or you might have received a link containing an error.
    It was exactly what I was looking for :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Sephis View Post
    It was exactly what I was looking for :'(
    Very sorry, I accidently deleted the folder with my stuff on this cloud. I've recover it, so you should be able to download cams now.

Thanks ! I'll try it right now

AlFlakky ..
    can u make a short tutorial about your blueprint??
    because i can't find any tutor about this..
    and actually i can't understand your blueprint from just open it..
    it says error FocusedObject variable..
    please help

at least make some tutorial from text to text, we don't really hope it's video, but it's ok if it just a text tutor..
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by enixmomo View Post
    AlFlakky ..
    can u make a short tutorial about your blueprint??
    because i can't find any tutor about this..
    and actually i can't understand your blueprint from just open it..
    it says error FocusedObject variable..
    please help

at least make some tutorial from text to text, we don't really hope it's video, but it's ok if it just a text tutor..
    thanks.
    Well, you can simply ask questions what you do not understand, I'll try to answer.

What about the error.. I've reuploaded systems, so they are 4.9 now. Try.

Infiltrator
    It's awesome. Thank you.
    But I found an error I think. When I try to move the camera on touch mode (for mobile) the Y limits doesn't work. I'm trying to put a range for the float values, but it skips to different frames. Any solution?

Quote Originally Posted by pnunez View Post
    It's awesome. Thank you.
    But I found an error I think. When I try to move the camera on touch mode (for mobile) the Y limits doesn't work. I'm trying to put a range for the float values, but it skips to different frames. Any solution?
    Sorry for reply delay..

Try to change logic under Tick comment to this:

Infiltrator
    Np, but finally I found other solution, and it works
    Name:  7-11-2015 12.11.24 1.jpg
Views: 6962
Size:  85.2 KB

Hi guys, thanks for sharing your knowledge! I am really new to UE programming, in fact my work is entirely focused in 3D graphics
    My question: is there a way to control the zoom in value based on the "mesh collision radius" of the 3D model I am orbit my camera around to?

How do you get the orbit to work without a spring arm?

Quote Originally Posted by sr3d View Post
    How do you get the orbit to work without a spring arm?
    First of all, it Is on Spring Arm.

Secondly, you can simply add SceneComponent(so it becomes Root), under it add Camera component. And relatively move away camera from center. After, all u have to do is rotate your actor. Camera will, again, relatively stay on its offset from actor center.

Supporter
    thank you so mush .... & why there is no zoom in & out limitation

thank you so much. exactly what I have been looking for almost a week.

But, can you have a simple tutorial of how to assign the target and replace my scene camera to the BP ?

Thanks
    Last edited by ansonkit; 01-12-2016 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ansonkit View Post
    thank you so much. exactly what I have been looking for almost a week.

But, can you have a simple tutorial of how to assign the target and replace my scene camera to the BP ?

Thanks
    You need to place camera onto your level, then set "autoposses player" parameter to "Player 0" on details panel.

In order to set target for orbital camera, you simply need to move it's pivot to the object you need to rotate around.

Quote Originally Posted by AlFlakky View Post
    You need to place camera onto your level, then set "autoposses player" parameter to "Player 0" on details panel.

In order to set target for orbital camera, you simply need to move it's pivot to the object you need to rotate around.
    thank you. it work.

BTW, how to adjust the mouse wheel speed for zoom in/out ?
    I have a very large scene, the zoom in/out speed from the mouse wheel is move like an ant to me.

Cheers.

thank you. it work.

BTW, how to adjust the mouse wheel speed for zoom in/out ?
    I have a very large scene, the zoom in/out speed from the mouse wheel is move like an ant to me.

Cheers.
    Check out the script. Its all commented. You should find there smth like Zoom or like that. multiply the value to something more than 1 and you will get more speed.

Check out the script. Its all commented. You should find there smth like Zoom or like that. multiply the value to something more than 1 and you will get more speed.
    Thank you. It worked.

1 more thing, how to set a limit to zoom distance limit ? I understand that you have set Initial Camera Radius for us to play with camera distance to the object. But I couldn't use that set a limit to zoom in/out function. Thanks

Thank you. It worked.

1 more thing, how to set a limit to zoom distance limit ? I understand that you have set Initial Camera Radius for us to play with camera distance to the object. But I couldn't use that set a limit to zoom in/out function. Thanks
    Before setting "Spring Arm Length", after you multipy, place "Clamp" node. You will understand how it works by ur self, I guess.

Before setting "Spring Arm Length", after you multipy, place "Clamp" node. You will understand how it works by ur self, I guess.
    You the man. Work like a charm.

Thank you very much and god bless you.

Samaritan
    Nice, i searched for somethling like that, nice BP there man ! Thanks alot.

But i have a problem, the cam itself works just fine, but i actually cant see my player on start :/
    i tried also to attach the cam into my player blueprint but then the cam doenst even gets activated, i just see a FP view without having a second camera installed :O
    hope someone can help me there

Quote Originally Posted by SassiX View Post
    Nice, i searched for somethling like that, nice BP there man ! Thanks alot.

But i have a problem, the cam itself works just fine, but i actually cant see my player on start :/
    i tried also to attach the cam into my player blueprint but then the cam doenst even gets activated, i just see a FP view without having a second camera installed :O
    hope someone can help me there
    You might need to set the camera inside your character/pawn. Just add SpringArm and Camera inside it and make a logic by using this system as a reference. Btw, you can check Epic's Third Person Template. They pretty much have the same but inside a character.

Thank you! I'm using UE4 for ArchViz and this looks like just what I need – but can I use it in Sequencer??? I have the Cam set up to orbit around my object, but when I add it to sequencer I can't see any way to keyframe the movement (so I can output frames for Render Movie). Is there any way to do this?

It just occurred to me that for my own super simple ArchViz needs there's an existing way of doing this: 1) put a regular Camera Actor under an Empty Actor; 2) put the Empty Actor [aka Null] at the point you want to orbit around; 3) keyframe and output the rotation frames. I just did this in Matinee, and now I'm going to work out how to do it in Sequencer.

AlFlakky, this is great!! - Thanks for posting! I do hope you are still keeping an eye on this thread!

I have multiple cameras in my Level. I switch between them via the Level Blueprint "set view target with blend". When using your Cam in my level, and switching back from a level camera to your camera, it all goes smoothly until almost returned to your camera, then there is a slight 'jump' to final position. I can't for the life of me see how to fix this, no amount of blending works.. any help would be flippin fantastic! More info no probs!! Hope you can get back

** hahhh quick edit - think its something to do with different camera types/lenses - looking into that now

*** right - just in case this helps anyone! I deleted the camera in the pawn blueprint and put in a Cine Camera. All works FAB!
    Last edited by Johnnyx; 08-02-2016 at 05:48 AM.

@AlFlakky Thanks so much for this resource, its awesome. Could you answer a couple of queries I have though as I've not blueprinted before.

1) What aspects of the blueprint would lock the Z axis so the camera can only be moved side to side?
    2) Is there a way of enabling a 'slide' sort of motion, where the camera would slowly come to a stop when you release the mouse. Does that make sense?

Thanks again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast