JANUARY GAME JAM: Theme: BACK TO SQUARE ONE

**Theme: Back to Square One

**The results are in! January’s winners are -

Dispersion by Hadar Silverman](JANUARY GAME JAM: Theme: BACK TO SQUARE ONE - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums)
Suspicious Detective by Niemiec&Slizewski
Corpus Completus by Compeltus

&stc=1

**THE RULES

• Make the most amazing game by yourself or with a team (up to 5) around the given theme in Unreal Engine 4.

• Submit a download link to this thread before **midnight on the night of January 18th / morning of Jan 19th **including the following:

• Team Name

• List of Team Members

• Name of submission (Please format it with your team’s name attached ex. TeamName_GameName)
    After you post your submission, PM me with the email addresses of your team members (up to 5), the name of your team and the name of your project. That makes it easier to get prizes out, so make sure to do it!

• We will announce the theme on the January** 15th stream**, when the jam will officially kick-off.

• A small panel at Epic will judge entries on the following criteria:

• Unique use of theme

• Fun factor

• Overall Visuals

• Detailed Rules Available Here

Each submission will receive a code redeemable for one 30 day subscription code per team member (up to 5), and the top 3 submissions will receive three 30 day subscription codes per team member (up to 5) and a t-shirt! We’ll be featuring the top submissions on the Twitch stream on January 29th, as well as posting winners to our official blog!

Happy developing, and good luck!

Theme Announce Countdown](Time since Jan 15, 2015 2:00 pm started in Raleigh)
**Submission Deadline **Countdown](Time since Jan 19, 2015 started in Raleigh)

Streaming your work on Twitch? Let us know so we can follow along!
Are you on Twitter? Show off your work using the #ue4jam](https://twitter.com/hashtag/ue4jam?src=hash) hashtag!

Awesome, Count me in :slight_smile:

I’m down for it. Anyone need a C++ programmer? :smiley:

Sounds great, I’m pretty new to all of this, but hey, you gotta start somewhere right? Really exited about seeing what else is going to make and seeing how different each project is! :slight_smile:

Awesome, I’ll participate again this time. Well, it depends on the chosen theme :rolleyes:

Welcome aboard! Cant wait to see what you create :slight_smile:

I’ve only experimented a bit with UE4 because I was stupidly hesitant to leave UDK for a long time. I’m looking forward to this Jam as a reason to really get my hands dirty and figure out more of the asset pipeline and publishing executables side of the engine.

Do i need lastest UE4 version and active subscription to join JAM?

Nope, you just need at least one subscription ever so you have and can use UE4!

I’m in, talked me into it :slight_smile:

good luck everybody, see you on the stream

Thanks, im stuck with 4.4.3 atm :slight_smile:

i make games for a living ! Count me in!

I think I’ll be doing something, just need to work out what :slight_smile:

I’m Looking for people to join for the game jam. if your interested you can find me on Twitch. I’ll be on for most of the day.

Is it allowed to use unreleased plugins for ue4 or does that also fall under the ‘only new stuff’ rule?

Totally, go for it

So If I have quite lot of code laying around, which does various gamy things (none of them finished for that matter :D), I can use it ?

This Theme is really awesome. Ive got a lot of ideas from this theme.

If it will package properly, then yes. We have to able to run it of course

Will so do this.