WIP - PropMaster - PropHunt being redeveloped in UE4

PropMaster is a standalone indie title based off the popular mod “PropHunt” the title is intended to keep most of the same principles of PropHunt but add new gameplay innovations to make the game more fresh and enjoyable. The game will be targeting the console audience and is set to release on XboxOne.

More information will be revealed with our website launch, keep an eye out and follow us on twitter.

Hey everyone, I’m the lead developer of PropMaster, We’re currently a team of 3 game design graduates. We have spent 2 months on the project thus far so we’re still very early in development. I’ll be updating this thread with any new content or answering questions from you guys, keep in mind I can’t spoil too much.

Thank you to the few people who have already followed me on twitter, I appreciated it! I’ve been loading in a boat load of assets into the game populating the Level and setting up scenes/rooms, trim and doors, its feeling alive!

There are a ton of aesthetic stuff I want to be working on before I start to dip into more complicated programming/Blueprint matters but, I already have a basic blueprint system set up with a simple health/RoundTime UI made with UMG along with the more important blueprint system, the possession of props. I’m not a programmer so I’m going to try to blueprint the prototype (even networking) as much as I can until I need outside help.

Haha, I was actually in the beginning stages of making a prop hunt game too! I ended up switching ideas but all the best can’t wait to see some gameplay!

Whatever you do - Don’t include grenades or rockets. Other than that, awesome, can’t wait to see what you put together. If you want help testing at any point I’ll be happy to do so.

Thank you for posting this, it was one of my first decisions to take out both the grenades and rockets, possibly the gun aswell :wink: I felt the character models and weapons never fit the game mode to begin with. Without saying too much, expect it to be prop hunt at its core fundamentals and everything else to be unique to the gamemode.

haha awesome! I was really surprised no one else has attempted this, minus a mobile developer top-down prop-hunt, it felt almost too good to be true.

So the prototype level is close to complete as far as the aesthetic of a prototype map should be (art pass 1 out of 4) just getting the rooms filled then having to apply the possession blueprint to every prop (long and tedious) then I can start one of the most important parts of the game, the networking. I do plan on using blueprints for as long as I can since they seem to have added more support for multiplayer. I know I can’t fully do it in blueprints so I’m delaying it as much as I can before we have to bring on a programmer that we do not have the money to pay for.

I’m very committed to showing everyone what this game is going to bring to hide and seek fans, however its going to be a long journey and we need all the support we can get :slight_smile:

Hey everyone, we were featured in IndieGameMag’s screenshot weekly, check it out! http://goo.gl/fb/RveIoO

I’m looking into making a prop hunt like game as well but have no idea on how to let the player become a prop