What is this annoying bar on my app!

I have searched for hours on the net, but i just do not know what it is called, or even what its functionality is supposed to be.
It messes up with my touch events, my game is useless like this. Each time i press the screen this bar dissappears for a second but my screen stretches, then the bar re-appears and the screen readjusts.
So everytime i tap, my screen acts really wonky, making my game impossible to enjoy (besides the bad graphics).

Can i somehow delete this in the manifest?
Sorry, i asked it on the answerhub but got no reply. If i just know what this bar is supposed to be, or even called i can probably google a solution.

This is caused by the fact that your device has no physical menu button (like old android versions used to have) and unreal telling the system it needs one anyway.

It’s a bit annoying that this is necessary, as it would make more sense for unreal to default to not needing a menu button, but I’m sure there is a manifest setting you can adjust to remove it somewhere.

It would help if you post what device you’re using and what engine version you’re using to help best answer your question. Your question might also get answered over on the AnswerHub.

True…didnt realise that this was something device specific. (htc one m7 android 4.4.3, UE 4.6 btw :slight_smile: )

@Arnage

Thanks for clearing that up.
Ill mess around in the manifest, atleast i know what it is now…!

That is the navigation pane. What you want is immersive mode along with fullscreen. I’m looking at adding this in a future release, but if you want to try it by modifying the code, you can make this change to Engine\Build\Android\Java\src\com\epicgames\ue4\GameActivity.java:

public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState)
	{
		super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

// only do this on KitKat and above
                if (android.os.Build.VERSION.SDK_INT >= 19)
                {
                  View decorView = getWindow().getDecorView();
                  decorView.setSystemUiVisibility(View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_LAYOUT_STABLE
                                                | View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_LAYOUT_HIDE_NAVIGATION
                                                | View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_LAYOUT_FULLSCREEN
                                                | View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_HIDE_NAVIGATION
                                                | View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_FULLSCREEN
                                                | View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_IMMERSIVE_STICKY);
                }

Now it will open fullscreen without the panel, but you can get to it by sliding it up or to the left, depending on orientation.

NOTE: More needs to be done to return to this on waking from background.