Size:  243.1 KB
    B.P. Ver 0.1.0 ready to be used.

B.P. Ver 0.1.0

Name:  FreeModels.png
Views: 950
Size:  104.5 KB
    Jazzy-Chan Ver 0.1.3 Ready to be used.

Jazzy-Chan Ver 0.1.3

Chibi Jazzy-chan Ver 0.1.0 Ready to be used.

Chibi Jazzy-chan Ver 0.1.0

Unreal-chan Ver. 0.1.2 is ready to be used for.

Notiable changes:
    - The folder name has changed from "Unreal-Chan" to "Jazzy-Chan"
    - She Now have an different Vest
    - She have her own Idle, Walking, and Running Animation

Experimental:
    - She have morph target.

When you have it downloaded, Unzip the file and place it somewhere where you can copy the file to your project.

Download: Jazzy-chan ver. 1.2

Past Updates

Unreal-Chan ver. 1

She does not have her own animations but she is retargetable.

If there is something you wish to see fixed or wanted something added don't hesitate to ask.

-------------------------------------------------

Howdy!

So I'm actually in Making Unreal-Chan, an (Unoffical) Anime mascot(Moe Anthropomorphic) character for the unreal engine 4. I have this Idea ever since I was Inspired by Unity Anime Mascot, Unity-Chan.

What I'm going to do is make a Final Concept art for her, have her model, Rigged, and Game ready for the UE4. Hopefully I'll have the concept done before the end of December.

The idea I thought about is Cute with attitude and (most Importantly) Unreal. I original thought of her as a Skate punk in high school as a cheerleader.
    Last edited by JvtheWanderer; 03-02-2016 at 09:41 PM.
    Unreal-Chan v1.2 is ready!
    Link

Twitch:/jvthewanderer Twitter:@JvtheWanderer

Promoter
    love the bacon shoutout lol

nice work man
    Self-Learning to program, Open to advice!

Luminary
    Awesome!

This should be featured on Thursdays Livestream just saying

Epic have a secret obsession with cats, From the Cat image when something goes down to the cats on the Unreal Developer's shirts and badges. It'd be cool if you could show this with either a cat on the shirt or a cute cat companion!
    KITATUS
    "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Hey, this is really cool. I was hoping someone was going to start making a UE4-chan character. I was getting a bit jealous of the other cool unofficial mascots for other software.

Quote Originally Posted by KitatusStudios View Post
    Epic have a secret obsession with cats
    Secret? Hah, not really. We love cats here. There is a discussion channel just for posting cat pictures (seriously, our devs in Seattle have an addiction). Another group here once bombed their chat with dog pictures; a civil war ensued.

Anyway, if a cat icon was included somewhere, we'd dig it.
    Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
    Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
    Another group here once bombed their chat with dog pictures; a civil war ensued.
    lol..wondering what was the result. Who won? Dogs or Cats?

Must've been cats, Naturally :P
    KITATUS

Luminary
    Well, its not as cute as any random animee girl, but I think a Nali would be a good character.
    You know, coming from the original game. With the 4 arms like all the stuff you can do with UE4.
    And sometimes just a mixture of magic and walking around in circles
    And every now and then he shows you a cool secret

Nothing New But I made a sprite of her. I'm actully trying to do the December Game jam and I'm trying to finish her as quickly as possible.

Also it my first time making sprites.
    Link

Update.

Well Unreal-Chan haven't won the game jam, but that find getting her notice is what important to me.

Anyways!

Name:  Unreal_Chan_Concept3.jpg
Views: 3093
Size:  228.8 KB

This is the concept I'mm going with. I haven't made a tattoo for her because I wasn't sure what design of the tattoo should I go. I was going to add this on her arm

But it didn't look right and I can't think of any other Tattoo idea. So I left her with no tattoo as of right now until I draw up some idea for it. If ya'll can help on a tattoo design or what ya'll think of her over all design I'll take it into concideration.
    Link

Samaritan
    I like the style. Feels alive and full of energy.

I thought it would look cool to see her going through a set of behaviors based on nodes... something that makes her feel alive in a fun way. Could be about putting gear on or doing any real-world task... but driven by nooooodes.

Sorry...guess I have a thing for nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Godling View Post
    I like the style. Feels alive and full of energy.

I thought it would look cool to see her going through a set of behaviors based on nodes... something that makes her feel alive in a fun way. Could be about putting gear on or doing any real-world task... but driven by nooooodes.

Sorry...guess I have a thing for nodes.
    Wouldn't her leg warmers be somthing like Nodes?
    Link

Samaritan
    Quote Originally Posted by JvtheWanderer View Post
    Wouldn't her leg warmers be somthing like Nodes?
    You're right. Saw them initially.. but not as nodes plus the wires. Nice.

haha, very nice!

But it will be hard to beat the Japanese at that, hah

I think her jacket should be the same shade of blue that the Unreal logo is.

Screw it, just make the whole character a cat.
    DO contact me with questions about Blueprint or other Unreal features! I don't bite! Or charge money! Just press that blue Skype button and fire away.

Project Culverin - Open Ended First Person Shooter

The perfect mascot is Big:

Name:  Big_the_Cat___Sonic_Riders_by_ChaosEmerl.png
Views: 4088
Size:  305.6 KB

Howdy!

Haven't say anything new years. I just wantted to post my progress of her real quick.

Edit: Added face and ear piercing.

Last edited by JvtheWanderer; 01-05-2015 at 04:41 AM.
    Link

Howdy! Quick update I'm texturing her.

Link

Howdy!

I'm almost finished with her texture.

Also it feel good to know She Taller than Unity-Chan.
    Link

Hello all! I have her rigged using the UE4 HeroTPP Skeleton and I'm going to share the Ver.0.1 of her.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By_Fe9MwPhZSMFBaQWVsS0hrbkU/view?usp=sharing

I'm planning to do more rigging stuff of here and give her own animation. The skeleton kinda make her freaky looking.

She doesn't have her vest in this version, but I'mm planning to add it in next time.
    Last edited by JvtheWanderer; 01-13-2015 at 09:52 PM.
    Link

Hey Jv, really cool! Thanks for sharing the rig and model with everyone, I'll have to check it out when I get a minute

Howdy.... ehh what the point .... I don't have fourm badge....

I'm Now working on her facial Expresion.
    Link

Man I would love to have this working. This could be a really fun thing, seeing how many people are going to be creative and using this "Hero of Unreal" to make shorts on Youtube, or going all out and making mini-series. Ack, Giddy with joy.

Quote Originally Posted by RikimaruKF View Post
    Man I would love to have this working. This could be a really fun thing, seeing how many people are going to be creative and using this "Hero of Unreal" to make shorts on Youtube, or going all out and making mini-series. Ack, Giddy with joy.
    Well.. She is Ready.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By_Fe9MwPhZSbGs4dnA4SEh0WXM/view?usp=sharing

She is ready to be Retarget for animations, but she doen't have any animation herself. If ya'll are having troble using her or if there is something you want me to add in please do not hesitate to ask. I'm going to add in animation later.
    Last edited by JvtheWanderer; 02-05-2015 at 09:47 AM.
    Link

Luminary
    Hello,
    I tried replace mycharacter with her and got no issue even with anims (haven't try to retarget other ones yet). she is fun ^^

Veteran
    Thanks! Going to mess with this tonight!

Howdy.... ehh what the point .... I don't have fourm badge....
    Look again buddy Chance and I hooked you up

AHHHH!!! I Got a Badge! Thats awsome. Thank you!
    Link

AHHHH!!! I Got a Badge! Thats awsome. Thank you!
    Welcome to the club! By the way, What are the licensing terms on this? Could we use this in projects we sell (As Unreal Chan) or is it strictly just as a mascot?
    KITATUS

Welcome to the club! By the way, What are the licensing terms on this? Could we use this in projects we sell (As Unreal Chan) or is it strictly just as a mascot?
    Yes. Pretty much you can her in projects you sell even if you not using Unreal Engine 4. Although I need to make a Licence logo for her now thinking about it. (Can't have people using the Ureal Engine 4 logo and think thats ok.)
    Link

Awesome! I'll include her as a cheat code in my project then!
    KITATUS

Howdy all.

I wanted to go ahead and take the time to talk to to everyone my plan for Unreal-chan.

I'm planning to do more work on her but I'm also planning on alot of other things such as putting her on the unreal marketplace for free, making more characters to expand on and also putting them on the marketplace for free, and making an environment building level with the assets use and give that for free.

The Two main reason of why i'm doing this is ,One, I want to do this and give it away for free is because I am targeting folk that want to get into making game using UE4 but don't have the money or skill to buy or make assets( Manly Students and teenagers). And Two, I want to Establish a brand out of this and (hopefully) branch out to fan who probably does not want to make games themselves but are a fan of the characters themselves.

So that is my plan for her. Now something about Licencing term (At Least the Making of the Licencing Term)

When I first made Unreal-chan My thought were simple. "Make a character that is re-targetable with any animation, give her her own animation to boot of with, Give her a weapon or object to used, and give her out for free for anyone to use." I'm not sure how the free thing is going to work but I do know I want it to succeed. So Far I have given the Unreal-chan Version 1 out like(of course have not given her a weapon out yet) and I'm planning to fix her skins and rig.

But I have not establish a licencing term, Character guideline nor a licencing logo when I was just making her and I have no idea how to make it nor have it enforced.

The Licencing terms and Character guideline is something that is in the back in my head but it is something I want to go into once I'm ready to have that made. It would be cool to have a logo that said "Licence under the Unreal-chan Licence" and have that used instead of folks saying "character made by 'yadayada'". And like I said when I was ask if they can use her in any of their projects they sell (Even if they are not using Unreal Engine 4), I have no problem with it.

Now about Unreal-chan Herself. I'm thinking of replacing the "Unreal-chan" Alias name with her given name "Jazzy-chan". Of course I'm going to disclose some info about her. (Info and Image are Subject to change)

Name:  Unreal_Chan_Header_Img_WIP.jpg
Views: 2807
Size:  82.9 KB
    Alias: (as of right now) Unreal-Chan
    Name: Jazzmine Flak A.k.a. Jazzy Flak, Jazzy-chan, Jackrabbit(Used by no one)
    Height: around 6' ft
    Favorite Food: Bacon
    Like: Wrecking stuff, punk rock, Cheerleading
    Dislike: Not Recking Stuff.

When I was making her, I wanted to be something like a polar opposite of what a Moe Anthromorph character would look like. My main inspiration was from Unity-chan (Example: Unity-chan {Unity-chan.com}) and for some reason Zak Parrish when he had the Pink Mohawk. I went with a High-school (Western High School mind y'all) theme character that would be something unreal. It still in the works but I'm planning on giving more information once soilitifld the idea.

Also if y'all want to see how my progress is going I usually Stream on Twitch whenever I can. http://www.twitch.tv/jvthewanderer
    Last edited by JvtheWanderer; 02-19-2015 at 10:06 PM.
    Link

I'm planning to do more work on her but I'm also planning on alot of other things such as putting her on the unreal marketplace for free
    This is awesome but the Marketplace doesn't allow free submissions; I think it's a $5 minimum :<
    KITATUS

This is awesome but the Marketplace doesn't allow free submissions; I think it's a $5 minimum :<
    Oh yeah that right. >.>
    Link

But if you need a home for it, Kitatus.co.uk would love to host it for you and dedicated page if you wanted
    KITATUS

Luminary
    So cool ... good job ... she is definitely going in to my game with a cheat code. 8-}

Thank you for this ... very cool indeed. *tip hat*

By the way importing this into a 4.6 or 4.7 project seems to completely free the editor and my computer :<

Any chance of getting an .FBX?
    KITATUS

By the way importing this into a 4.6 or 4.7 project seems to completely free the editor and my computer :<

I'm planning on making .FBX Import on model and animation, I'm also planning to make this into 4.7 or higher.
    Link

Luminary

I just did a copy of extracted main folder in content folder project and got it work fine.
    Last edited by Fen; 02-22-2015 at 04:22 AM.

Promoter

Love the Jackrabbit jacket!

Though I can't help but think the character should just be Malcolm with Hatsune Miku's haircut.
    Last edited by SF; 02-24-2015 at 02:20 AM. Reason: drunk typo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast