• Remade terrares
  • New demo scene
  • Added creek
  • Retextured rocks
  • Added dozens of new flowers, weeds and grass
  • Added nature ambience sounds
  • Fixed legacy terrain

Features:
4 tileable terrain textures – paint walkways and dirt paths, help break up ground with variation
**40 variations of trees **– with 8 different species and 5 variations of each to create a varied nature scene
Over a dozen ground plants – easily create lush scenes in your game with a large variety of grass, ferns, flowers, weeds, and bushes
Modular Rock and wooden fences - use the Unreal spline tool to quickly create a contained area
LOD (level of detail) states for trees & props if necessary – allows for a more streamlined game that doesn’t bog down from a distance
Complete Support & Documentation – we make sure we update and support our products with quick email support and full documentation

Promotional Video:

Package Breakdown

It has been submitted and should be updated very shortly!
https://www.unrealengine.com/content/dc872c9def304b4291f221154f0225c4

Real puurty. Need to drop my bf4 character in here and shoot the place up! Yee Haw! Kidding aside, looks amazing. Love the foliage and lighting. Ambient O is perfect. Looking forward to it.

Looks really awesome! wish it was a bit less stylized tho

Are there any bushed in this pack? I cannot tell from the images or video.

HaxO - Sorry, there are actually not any large bushes outside the weeds and small shrubs.

I don’t see any comments in the Marketplace for this. So a few Q’s:

1. Is this Unreal 4 ready or just a port of Unity content.
  2. LOD?
  3. Is it setup for use with wind?
  4. Are the roads rigged with a spline or just th

Let me start off by saying that I do NOT own this pack, so I do not know for 100% certainty. But at the same time I think the following link may answer several of your questions.

http:///portfolio/foliage-pack/

The video shows the foliage being affected by wind. The page says there are LODs for the trees. The only thing that’s not really mentioned is if the road is a spline or not?

I found the information under the ‘what’s included & specifications’ tab.

Thanks, yeah I saw all that too but was hoping to hear from someone who actually owned it. Not saying I don’t trust the developers but I’ve noticed in a lot of comments for other content that things aren’t always as promised and this only gets 3 stars so I was kind of wondering why since it looks pretty awesome for the price, IMO.

The assets are largely really poor. I could not utilize the foliage assets from the Urban City, Race Track, and Country Side next to each other even though they were made by the same producer as the Country Side’s foliage was inferior to the foliage they included in the other two packs that were not centered on it.

Also interested in some kind of review from an owner.

How would you describe the problems with the assets?

You can see here.

The autumn trees you see referenced in the first picture are from the Urban City pack. The blobby trees are from the Country Side. The quality difference between the trees is highly pronounced. I dare say they look better in still than with their leaves in motion.

Hey guys, I just wanted to chime in and answer a few questions and touch on a few concerns.

Quality Discrepancy- The Counry Side was our first pack, and like anything, you get better with time. As our understanding of UE4 improved, we were able to create better content as we go. Now this doesnt mean Country Side is going to be left in the dust. We are actually in the process of revamping all the foliage in the world(and I mean all). While we still feel confident of the value of the assets currently, we are always trying to find ways to improve and keep packs up to date.

With the big 4.7 release and its focus on foliage, this has been very exciting for us to see how far we can push our quality. We hope to utilize the latest tech from UE4(*and possibly other tools but thats all i can say for now), and im sure you guys will like the changes.

LODs- The assets do come with LODs and basic collision.

Roads- The roads are using Landscape splines. They are simple tiling mesh road segments.

Good to hear! Keep us updated!

Hey guys, just thought id share the latest news.

Out with the old in with the new. We have completely remade all the grass, weeds, added flowers as well.

And more importantly, we redid the trees. Before we had 8 different trees that were just different species. Now we have those same 8 species, but with 5 variations each. So if my maths are correct, thats 32 more trees!!! The values! Heres the latest WIP assets. (i have to share a link because the image is too large to imbed. If it doesnt load right away, refresh your page, it should work)

We listened to the feedback from the community, and one thing people said was they were a bit underwhelmed by the quantity. So we didnt just want to take that lesson learned and just apply it to our new packs, but apply it to our existing packs as well. The other piece we have from feedback(Mostly from haha) is the quality just isnt up to the standards of UE4. We have remade some of the textures, and like I said, completely redone the models to be at a much higher standard. Im really excited to get this in your hands and hear your thoughts :slight_smile:

We are juggling a million things at once here, so please be patient. I am currently looking at the Epics Kite Demo and really dissecting that and seeing what we can apply to our pack. So its not quite ready, but I thought I would share our latest WIPs for the community to see.

Thank you guys for your support and feedback!!!

This pack was the first I ever bought. It was fairly middling after I opened it against some of the other nature packs. I think your service and this update will greatly lift it, and really keep me looking at your future work. Will these new trees have wind effect?

Keep up the good work.

Thats one of the things im testing right now.

Hey thanks so much listening to the community! Looking forward to the update

Hey everyone!

Here’s a quick sneak peek at some WIP updates we’re making to Countryside V2.0

As Spahr was saying, this is our FIRST EVER pack and we were learning a lot about the marketplace and the engine. We admit it didn’t look great BUT we’re here to listen and improve. We hope the new look satisfies all the existing customers and brings in some new ones :slight_smile:

Please leave us a comment about what you think!

A few more screenshots