Forced Perspective Gameplay

Hi all,

Few months ago i saw this amazing tech demo from Pillow Castle that uses Forced Perspective and i wanted to try this in <you-know-the-awesome-engine>. Anyway, I’ll let the video speak. :slight_smile:

Please let me know what you think. And for those who wonder…this is all voodoo Blueprint magic :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Watch In HD:

https://.com/watch?v=rNMKzrjoWfc

Download: http://bit.ly/ForcedPerspective_Project

This is brilliant!!

Thanks ULLS. :slight_smile:

This is really cool! I’m sure you could create some mind blowing games utilizing this effect!

Thank you . Great to hear from you! :slight_smile:

Great work ryanjohn! I am really excited to see how this can be implemented into a UE4 project. Keep up the great work and have a great day!

Hey ,

That is a really awesome system! Did you scale based on the length of a trace? Very impressive work!

[=Sean Gribbin;181937]
Great work ryanjohn! I am really excited to see how this can be implemented into a UE4 project. Keep up the great work and have a great day!
[/]

Thank you Sean. I hope to see more puzzle games that utilize this kind of technique. :slight_smile:

[= ;181951]
Hey ,

That is a really awesome system! Did you scale based on the length of a trace? Very impressive work!
[/]

Hi . First i calculated the current position of the grabbed mesh and then get the distance of impact point. Then using these info i scale the mesh and position it and finally place it. :slight_smile:

Download link is now available on first post. Please feel free to try it out. :slight_smile:

I think I have a game I can use this for. So awesome!

This is awesome! Thanks a lot for sharing, Satheesh!

[=FatMoth;182421]
I think I have a game I can use this for. So awesome!
[/]

Nice FatMoth! Please do share it. I would like to see it. :slight_smile:

[=;182706]
This is awesome! Thanks a lot for sharing, Satheesh!
[/]

Great to hear that buddy. :slight_smile:

Dude, this is cool! Can’t believe I missed this some months back. :slight_smile:

Thanks for bumping this. It looks incredible.

That’s Pretty Neat ryanjon2040! Thanks for Sharing. Would make for an interesting Boss Monster that alters Location/Scale dependent the Player’s Gaze at it. I’m certain a variety of Puzzle Games will spawn from this mechanic. I can only image what would happen if combined with Portals:cool:

That is very impressive, I feel I could just play in there all day! =P

Hello, I downloaded this project but it doesn’t seem to work with 4.22 does anybody how idea how to get this to work?

Here is the error I’ve been getting:

Blueprint Runtime Error: “Accessed None”. Blueprint: MyCharacter_New Function: Get Mesh Tag Graph: GetMeshTag Node: Return Node
Blueprint Runtime Error: “Accessed None trying to read property HitActor”. Blueprint: MyCharacter_New Function: Get Mesh Tag Graph: GetMeshTag Node: Return Node