Epic Space Battle (WIP) for Mobile

Hi all,

I’ve been working on a couple of side project games and I’m quite close to submitting one of them to the iOS App Store, with no experience in programming code i’m currently a one man army working only with BluePrints and this will be my first game so i would appreciate any feedback be it good or bad i’d like to know what you guys think.

Epic Space Battle
(WIP almost there)
Simply jump straight in to battle, you play as Blue Leader and along with a fleet of Blue fighters must defeat the Red fleet.

also

Battle of Independence
(WIP still needs work)
The missile launchers situated on the rooftops of the city are our only hope to destroy the Invaders ****** ship when its shields are lowered only moments before it fires its devestating weapon.
Your mission is to lead Eagle Sqadron into the fight and protect the cities defences against Alien fighters.

I’ve made both these games using a simple but effective flying Ai BluePrint that i created after someone told me flying Ai could not be done yet in UE4. But thats not true.

i hoped to post a gameplay video but I’m having trouble trying to find a screen video capture program that will record internal audio on OS X for not to much money.
in fact i’d be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction with this.

Thanks

I found that with Quicktime i can record the screen and audio straight form my iPhone so i’ve made a trailer, a 30 second App Preview.
The gameplay is recorded from my iPhone 5 with 32 fighters on simultaneously battling and I’ve tested on an iPad 2 wich currently runs good with up to 20 fighters

Please share your thoughts

Hey! Looks all in all very fun. Here a few Things i would change, to make it Look more finished:

ChAnge the HUD Buttons to some real textured Buttons!
Reduce the lights and turn the brightness a Little more up.
And also, like the HUD Buttons, change the GameMenu to some nice layers.

From the gameplay side it Looks, like ive already Said, very Fun! :slight_smile:

Thank so much for your advice I’ll get on it right away.

Looks like a blast! -Blown away that it was all done with blueprints!

you´re welcome!

If you want, you can post your changes here. Would love to see :slight_smile:

I´ll give this definitely a try when its out! :slight_smile:

hi ,
here’s the updated menu and HUD i built some weeks ago. since then I’ve spent all my time battling to resolve a bug caused by UMG that renders the game unplayable. due to lack of sleep and the stress of trying to launch on the App store for the christmas business I’m gonna have to take a break from it as my wife is seriously concerned for my health. i consider you a credit to the community thank you very much for showing an interest in my work and you’re valued input, should i return in the future and ever release a game ill be sure to send you a ticket.

UMG Bug

Hey ,
The game looks very good. I really like what you’ve done with the UI.

I’m also working on a mobile space shmup and have hit the same UMG bug you have (tilt dies when you tap the screen). I sincerely hope it gets fixed. It looks like it’s been around for a couple of versions now, so I’m not encouraged.

Congrats on the game. But, don’t take it too seriously…you’re health and your wife are worth way more :slight_smile: It’s hard not to obsess over getting some things to work, but this one is out of our hands, I think.

Cheers!

Hey ! The UI you´ve build just looks fantastic!

Dont rush your project, i know it can be sometimes frustrating when you dont finish your project at the right time, but dont forget: its art. you cant always hit the deadline perfectly, its normal, see it as a part of game dev. :slight_smile: sometimes it just takes longer, and see it from that way: the longer it takes, the better the result will be.

they will fix the bug soon i guess and in this time, you can lean back and be proud of the work you´ve done! Because this is a great game with nice mechanics!

The only thing that i would change is: put some asteroids, planets, stars into the game level, so it becomes more “fuller” and maybe a mechanic, where when they player flys to near to a sun, he will take damage. That would give this game a little bit more depth, but you know, its only a tip, dont understand me wrong, your game looks already good. It would give it just more difficulty and a fuller look.

since you can´t do now anything since you need to wait till the bug is fixed, you could give this a try :).

Thanks for your props :slight_smile: No need to give me a free ticket, ill buy it when its out! :slight_smile:

Greetings!

Hi All, i’m currently working on an update Ver 1.1 for Epic Space Battle this will include:

“The HamerHead” a full 360 degree radar
An easy to read unique representation of 3 dimensions in all directions. i developed this radar for my 1st/3rd person shooter project and as people have requested a radar decided to implement it in Epic Space Battle and it works perfectly.
in this game the radar indicates the relative position of every fighter both friendly and enemy, both mother ships and will also indicate any enemy that has a lock on your position.

destructible mother ships
Ai fighters now also attack the mother ships. once a mother ship is destroyed it will prevent the re-spawning of fighters of the respective team

missile pickups
collect missiles from your mother ship

multilock homing missiles
lock on to as many enemy fighters as you have missiles (if you have 12 missiles you can lock on to up to 12 enemy fighters and launch them all at once, very satisfying)

increased possible fighters on screen (currently ver 1.0 is 32 fighters) in Ver 1.1 after a complete overall of how Ai is implemented i have achieved over 100 fighters on screen on an iPhone 5 without frame rate dropping (this is likely to be reduced for release after thorough testing to possible 60 to 80 fighters)

Improved Menu system

Any Questions, requests or comments are much appreciated

Thanks