Visual Studio 2013 for free!

Dunno where to put it so…

New version of VS. Free fully features visual studio. The only catch is… You can’t use it for development of enterprise sized applications. Which I don’t think will be any problem for most people around here (;.

Just curious, how does compare to the Express edition?

Hm! That’s interesting…

Quote from Visual Studio 2022 Community Edition – Download Latest Free Version

Wow! Thank you for posting , I can’t stand VS without plugins… is great news! I haven’t found it yet, but there must be a catch somewhere here… it’s MS after all :wink:

It is equivelant to the Pro edition apparently, so you have plugin support and all the rest… downloading now! :slight_smile:

I really suggest Visual Assist X to go with that verson, that plugin makes VS autocomplete like it actually should be, and not slow to a crawl with ue4.

With Update 4 installed it is actually wayyyyyyy more responsive now, and solution scanning is wayyyy faster.

Hmm can you recommend me any good plugins? :wink:

Hmm can you recommend me any good plugins? :wink:
[/QUOTE]

Sure can! Here’s some of the most useful ones I’ve used:

Probably lots more good ones, but I haven’t had the luxury of using plugins for a while with Express… That should get you started though. :slight_smile:

I prefer Git Extensions over the Git Source Control Provider. It has more features and doesn’t require VS to be open to do work on the repo.

Argh. Thinking of all the beer I could have bought for the cost of my VS2013 pro license…

awesome thanks for posting it inside

i had just about given up on vs express, now i can hehe :slight_smile:

I wonder if BizSpark will still be a thing or if they’re planning on replacing it with .

Downloading right I am so excited :smiley:

TabsStudio is worth a look if those none-stacking tabs drive you crazy. It also groups related files, say a .h and .cpp both in one tab. Sadly I find it a bit expensive at $49. Then again, how often are we looking for that file which Visual Studio decided to hide because the one row is full.

Why that isn’t default behaviour in VS by now is beyond me though. That drop down menu is just a horrible alternative.

Oh man, thanks for mentioning . It uses about 1/10th of the RAM that Express did.

Wonderful news! I’ve been avoiding using Visual Studio because I couldn’t use plugins with Express.

Super news from Microsoft! Downloading right now!:slight_smile:

Thanks! Now I no longer have to keep hassling my girlfriend to sign up to Dreamspark so I can get a decent version of VS…

Very cool! I’m going to ditch the express version at home :smiley: