50+ Vector Field Particle Pack [SUBMITTED]

Hello everyone,

New to the Trello boards, VOTE HERE , our first Visual FX pack.

You get 50+ particles using Vector Fields. All of the particles can be re-purposed for a range of uses. The included demo room is a great place for learning how to apply Vector fields in new ways.

I created this particle work for my project, Abatron) but realized that authoring Vector Fields can be expensive. Using Maya 2015 fluid dynamics, I created a set of very useful vector fields that every FX library needs! :slight_smile: Now, you can obtain this library without messing with Maya or Houdini.

As a developer, I expect a high level of craftmanship & quality which is what you will find with this pack. Please Vote us if you like them!

Some of my favorites
dda2c8846994c6b7150c61826d44fb3a3e669b96.jpeg

Did I mention Energy Walls, Force Fields, & Particle Barriers?

Thanks!
Vote Right HERE =)

Very cool stuff :slight_smile:

Thanks! I enjoy making particles alot! =)

I can tell you, dear UE4 community, these particle systems and vector fields are really special!

I always wanted to have a library of vector fields at my disposal, and Devero’s vector fields are so much fun!

With the base set that he is providing, you can tweak and modify them to create 100s of different vector field combinations and permutations!

There is so much variety in this particle pack!

Great work Devero!

:heart:

Very cool indeed!

Cool, i voted

It’s Energy Fields in the picture but I’m not the best to make this remark :wink:

Good Catch, i didn’t even notice. Thanks!

Can you say how much it will cost? I mean nonetheless I am gonna buy it :slight_smile:

Thanks, $20 is the plan.

Thanks !

Thanks BardicKnowledge! :slight_smile:

Nice. A video would be rad

Thanks, here is the first video I made.

Several of the systems were improved since this recording such as colors and I’ve put in more raw vector textures to use. =)

Could you maybe add a smoke / fog example particle effect? That would rock! Buying this regardless though :slight_smile:

Thanks Veiovis, Good news the “Froth” example can also be fog. You just need to tweak the density and size for your own needs. Most of these examples can be used for other applications by tweaking a couple of settings. The content has already been sent to Epic, so its just in queue to be released :wink:

I downloaded and confirmed this works fine in 4.6 :slight_smile:

I had submitted this before 4.6 came out, but no worries it works great!

Happy Deving!

Hi fellow devs!

I wanted to let anyone know that has this pack in 4.6 to be aware of a new Cascade bug. With the changes in 4.6, the input fields no longer allow you to input higher than 1.0 into the RGB channels.

I submitted the bug report here: 4.6 Color Bug

The current work around is to input any values higher than 1.0 into the color picker RGB channels. :wink:

Great work Devero! How do I resize the effects without ******** with the vector fields?

Thanks veiovis!

To answer your question, the resizing gets easier once you get the hang of it. You need to think of it as a particle system and container. First thing to do is duplicate the particle system you want to size. In my example I chose Subduction and I reduced to 25% of its original size.

Step1: Open the VectorField module inside of Cascade and turn on “B3DDrawmode” under the Cascade catergory, so you can visualize the vector field container. It also helps to click on the Cascade viewport and turn off “Post Process” which turns off the bloom highlights.

Step2: Keep track on how the “Container box” is positioned to the particle system. You will need to be in the same relationship when you scale.

Step3: Scale the “Relative Translation”, “Relative Scale 3D”, & “Intensity” uniformly. In my example I divided by 4. Ensure that you do all 3 the same scale for the same shapes

Step4: Scale the particle system itself. In my example, I used the “worldoffset” module for the emitting volume. Scale that down by the same as the vector field. The container and emission volume should be back to the same relationship as when we started (box half way through the system in my example)

Step5: Scale down the size of your sprites with the “Initial Size” module

You should end up with a scaled replica like in my example :wink:

I hope that helps, I know that scaling particles systems in general isn’t straight forward. If you try to scale them with the world manipulator, it scales down the sprites mostly, but it doesn’t account for all the module types. :slight_smile:

So to sum it up:

1. Scale the Vector Container
  2. Scale the Emission Volume
  3. Scale the Sprites
  4. Keep the positional relationship the same before and after the change in scale :wink:

Have fun!

Works great and have to say this is one of the coolest things on the marketplace. Thanks! :slight_smile: