NOVEMBER GAME JAM: Win Subscription Time! Theme Announced on Thursday's Twitch Stream

**HERE ARE YOUR WINNERS!

[SIZE=2]Rock Paper Bird - The Random Dudes
The Coconut Express - A Bunch of Nuts
**[/SIZE]Tail of Two Turkeys: Battle for Plymouth Rock - SowwyDwunky!](https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?51313-NOVEMBER-GAME-JAM-Win-Subscription-Time!-Theme-Announced-on-Thursday-s-Twitch-Stream&p=180275&viewfull=1#post180275)

** Month’s Theme - Two Birds With One Stone

&stc=1

**THE RULES

• Make the most amazing game by yourself or with a team (up to 5) around the given theme in Unreal Engine 4.

• Submit a download link to thread before midnight on November 16th including the following:

• Team Name

• List of Team Members

• Name of submission

• We will announce the theme on the November 13th stream, when the jam will officially kick-off.

• A small panel at Epic will judge entries on the following criteria:

• Unique use of theme

• Fun factor

• Overall Visuals

Each submission will receive a code redeemable for one 30 day subscription code per team member (up to 5), and the top 3 submissions will receive three 30 day subscription codes per team member (up to 5) and a t-shirt! We’ll be featuring the top submissions on the Twitch stream on November 20th, as well as posting winners to our official blog!

Happy developing, and good luck!

Theme Announce Countdown](://www.timeanddate/countdown/to?iso=20141113T14&p0=207&msg=November+Game+Jam+Announce+Countdown)
**Submission Deadline **Countdown](://www.timeanddate/countdown/to?iso=20141117T00&p0=207&msg=November+Game+Jam+Deadline+Countdown)

Gonna have to sit one out as I have plans to visit some old friends that weekend. Good luck to those planning on it!

bad timing (wow release)

Are we allowed to donate these subscription codes to someone who doesn’t already have a subscription?

I got a month free for participating in last month’s jam (thanks Epic!), but I’m honestly happy to pay $19/mo for amazing toolset – however, I’m fortunate enough to have a non-gamedev day job to fund hobby. But I remember my 9 year old self many moons ago first leaning to program (BASIC!) and make simple games, and thinking there must be a slew of hobbyists out there who are either too young to have credit cards, or simply unable to scrape together $19 (I’ve been there). For those people I’d think a one-month, non-recurring, no strings attached subscription code like would be a great “nudge” to drop that final barrier to learning UE4.

I’m sure there are all kinds of legal tangles involved with signing up new users who don’t have a credit card, or who are under some minimum age to enter into a contract with Epic (to not redistribute the source code, to pay the 5% royalty when applicable, etc), and I definitely don’t want to encourage any kids to click “Yes I agree to Epic’s legalese” without some guidance from their parents. But I thought it would be nice to put a post in the “UE4 For Students” forum to offer my code to someone who would like to try UE4 but doesn’t meet the criteria for a free license, such as someone not attending a secondary school, or enrolled in a relevant course.

Thanks for being Epic! :wink:

Count me in.
Which shirt will the top three win?

We’re designing special game jam shirts :wink:

I happen to love special shirts.
I need to win now.

no, I need to win now.

:cool:

Well, luckily there are three winners. :cool:

Saint Nicolas ? Noël ? Merry Christmas , oh no , it’s for December :wink:

I’ll only get one day to do it, but I might give it a go time around :slight_smile:

Monthly Game Jams ?!?!?! I think i have a new pasttime.

Making games > playing games :slight_smile:

does your subscription have to be active to enter?

Reminder! We’re kicking the jam off on today’s stream!

Hey , you guys should add jam to ://compohub.net/

Nope, anyone with UE4 can submit!

I wonder if it would not be better to add a new post instead of update the first one. Or maybe do both. To have thread visually updated and let people know that the theme has been published.

Good luck guys!

Tomorrow I will also start to create a small game for contest (already have a good idea) :cool:

The submission deadline is midnight of the 16th correct? Would it be possible to update with the timezone as well just for clarity? :slight_smile: