Modular SciFi: Hallways Submitted

**Now on Trello! Please vote and support!
Click Here

Hello all! I’ve just submitted my first pack to the marketplace. It’s a sci fi themed modular set, the first of many I hope to bring to the marketplace of this theme. The set contains 29 unique pieces that can be used to create any layout you like. The materials are set so that you can fine tune the color, spec/rough/metal values as well as detail normals to your liking. The pack will also include 3 example environments, (2 full scenes and 1 example map demonstrating the color customization.)** I’m already planning another follow up to this set that will continue to expand this style, so if this does well that will be submitted shortly after.** Please let me know if you like it, I will update the thread once it reaches Trello. Thanks! =)

Details:

29 Total Pieces
Pipes x5
Walls x7
Ceiling x5
Door x1
Doorway x1
Floor x7
Light x1
Wires x2

32 Materials (3 parent, 29 instances)

89 Textures (Diffuse, Masks, Normals)

Pricing: $60

If there’s anything you would like to see in a future pack, feel free to suggest below.

Looks great, could you include a couple more screenshots to show exactly how modular it is?

Door shape reminds me of Knights of the Old Republic.

Looks good! A bit shiney for my tastes out of the box, but I assume that’s not too hard to change.

price it reasonably and I’ll be a buyer

Thanks! I’ve added two new screenshots of all the pieces and an example of what options you get to tweak with the material instances. A detailed count of what’s included has been added as well. The pack will be priced at $60.

I like it, I think I will definitely vote for and buy this set on the marketplace.

Thanks. =)

Updated pictures in the main post.

I expanded the layout a bit to give people more of an idea of how modular this is. I also added an additional example map that uses different colored materials.

Looks cool. Textures could be more detailed, but models have nice shapes.

Thanks. They are pretty detailed actually, it can be pretty difficult to see from screenshots from afar. Unless you’re speaking of complexity (numerous indents, lines, etc.) in which case I didn’t want to go for too much. I was going for a bit of a clean scifi look. I didn’t want it to feel like it was too much detail for the sake of it. Though I will take that suggestion into consideration for future packs. =)

It’s now on trello! Please support and vote!

Looks cool! The material design is much better than that of the top-down sci-fi hallways kit that’s currently on the marketplace.
However, that kit has more options for each of walls/windows/doors/floors. If you could have as many options as that kit, you’d blow it out of the water on quality!

Hey Jwatte, thanks! I’m pushing for more quality than quantity with this first pack. The high quality models, materials and textures, as well as the numerous options you can tweak within them. (pbr. color, etc.) That isn’t to say that I don’t want to offer a wide variety of meshes, but I didn’t want it to be where there were too many just for the sake of it. Believe me I was trying to add as much as I could to this pack without it feeling tacked on. I want it to feel like it has a place and really fits in well with the rest of the pieces.

That being said, the next pack I have in the works is definitely going to offer more unique pieces than this one. It will be general rooms of different themes, which will give me the opportunity to make even more props and designs that people can mix and match to get the look that they want. So it will have both quality as well as a larger amount of quantity. More doors (Large, small, different shapes) is definitely something I’m going to explore, as well as more floor types, ceilings, windows, props, etc. (Vents, computers with UI, elevators, and much more). Even toying with the idea of customizable characters of the same quality. I’m very excited to be able to show people in the WIP thread what I have going on behind the scenes. As I mentioned in the main post, I want to support this style with additional packs that will continue add to someones library, giving them more and more options to use. So be expecting more in the future, and your feedback on what you’d like to see is very integral, so thank you. =) (If there’s anything more specific that you want don’t hesitate to suggest!)

Because you asked for specifics, here are some things that I would be happy to see:

• a second, more flat-ish wall style – all your screen shots use a very “deep” wall panel with a square in the middle. Most commercial environments are easier to clean than that :slight_smile:

• narrow recessed lighting containers (think fluorescent tubes) along the edges of the ceilings or top wall edges – either as trim, or another wall/ceiling style.

• larger conduit pipes; straight and L and T. Perhaps 10"-15" corrugated plastic (or metal) type?

• more window options. Like, perhaps a wall panel that is just a window section, so I can have three narrow windows in a row, or a wall with alternating windows and flat walls.

• vent grates. No real adventure without a vent-crawling episode :slight_smile:

Thanks Jwatte. I’ll be sure to add these to my notes and see about how I can implement them in the second pack. =)

I would be a buyer. :slight_smile:

Thanks Pabooklas. =)

Thanks everyone for their support and votes on Trello! The SciFi: Hallways pack is now live on the UE4 Marketplace! Hope you all enjoy it, and keep an eye on the WIP thread for the next two packs in the series which are in the works. =)

Details:

29 Total Pieces
Pipes x5
Walls x7
Ceiling x5
Door x1
Doorway x1
Floor x7
Light x1
Wires x2

32 Materials (3 parent, 29 instances)

89 Textures (Diffuse, Masks, Normals)

Pricing: $60 - 30 = $30

Make this $30 or 40 only its only a few material :frowning: its so expensive what its this?.. All UE4 Marketplace Environment item…

Hi Peude,

The quality of the assets and time put in is what eventually led to that pricing point. $60 is more than fair for assets that not only offer physical modularity, but material as well. This pack took me a little over a month to produce, and you have to take into account the royalties epic takes out as well as the taxes. Indie developers and content creators need to put food on the table too. We make the prices as reasonable as we can, and more often than not it still ends up being undervalue. I’m sorry you are discouraged by the price, but I couldn’t have priced this any lower without severely undervalueing the time and effort that went into this pack. I also made my prices and details known before and during the trello phase so people could make informed decisions as to whether they would want this pack or not, and will continue to do this for future entries in this series.