[Twitch] 4.6 Roadmap - Oct. 23, 2014

WHAT
Mike Fricker and join us to talk about where we are heading for 4.6!

WHEN
Thursday, Oct. 23th @ 2PM ET - Countdown]

WHERE
www.twitch.tv/unrealengine

WHO
Ivey - Community Manager
Mike Fricker - Technical Director
Ray Davis - GM Unreal Engine

Drop your questions and we’ll try to answer them on the stream!

EDIT: YouTube archive is up

I would like to know if there will be a revamp of the 2d tools. I would like to see as I have stated in other posts a way to create for example cut-out animations inside the editor (unity has for example). On the other hand a 2d mode would come handy too. We are mainly a 2d team so, is why we are asking for things :).

Cheers.

Earlier there were talk about Foliage lighting improvements, especially people have asked for a Foliage lighting model that removes the problem with dark backfaces and possibly improve performance compared to the hacky alternatives there are right now.
Please tell us that it’s in the works for 4.6, then you will get rid of me and my whining. :slight_smile:

Also, any news on the foliage mode interface being worked on?

i have 2 questions

1. will the engine be continuously optimized in terms of hardware load (it recently killed a friends brand new fairly high end graphics card) or is not a concern and it will become more and more heavyweight?

2. with recent community breakthroughs in procedural mesh and sound generation, are there any plans to further support these 2 areas?

thanks

What about blended root-motion?

Will 4.6 bring hair shader improvements already?

What is the status of Plugins in the Marketplace? Are there any changes planned for 4.6 to move forward?

Second .

I would so love to finally have custom lighting model for foliage , that is the main i am waiting for , i wonder how many updates it is gonna take to bring it .

Will 4.6 support PhysX 3.3.2 | APEX 1.3.2?

Questions from my wishlist. Can we expect any improvements and/or iterations on the following:

• A version of Matt Mittrings’ Forward Shading material node (mentioned in weeks stream).
  • An experimental version of Niagra and/or Sequencer.
  • C++ Code / Plug-in support on UE4 marketplace.
  • Any additional shader models such as Foliage, Hair, or Screen-Space Subsurface Scattering with Light passing through from backfaces?
  • Any word on Lit Translucency with Specular Reflections, or Planar Reflections?

Hello everybody ,

At rate, I guess Unreal Engine 5 is coming soon ? What is the vision of developers ?
Do you have a look on the future of Unreal Engine, Maybe can you tell us more about big will coming soon ?
Please, tell us something that will make us dream :o

Thank
Have a good day

Versioning doesn’t work way.

Dam it was so many times on forums :D.

Hi,

Do you plan to update FBX SDK to a new version 2015.1?

Thank you,
Keep on rocking! :slight_smile:

Oh wow, is going to be awesome! Pretty awesome that you guys show us your roadmaps, and everything. Very transparent :slight_smile:

Really good question ,i asked, but I do not received response
FBX 2015.1 with complet support of ShaderFX :heart:

About 4.6, can we expect these ?

• fast transluency shaders for grass and foliage
  • models instancing for grass and trees

+1 for !
Also will Trello (Blueprints useable with foligage) be worked on anytime soon?
Otherwise I would like to see the foliage shaders to be available for all meshes, not just with the foliage tool.

Can we get tools to do destruction for 2D sprites?

What about fully supporting pipeline: Blender to UE4?