[REQUEST] Filter for marketplace content

Hello.

The amount of content in marketplace is growing from week to week. Some of content is interesting for nearly , some - only to a small subset of Unreal engine users. I think that it would be very useful for large number of developers to get some kind of filter for the marketplace list: a menu with checkbox items “show content made by Epic Games”, “show free content”, or “show everything”. Perhaps it also would be nice to be able to hide particular items from list (but they still could appear with filter option “show hidden”). Sorry if that was already discussed somewhere, I used forum search and AnswerHub but found nothing similar to my request.

Thanks,
Konstantin

Epic does plan on adding search functionality/filters to the Marketplace. Whether they have filters for Epic only content or free content I’m not sure, but they’re going to need some filtering and categories fairly soon I’d guess, since it is starting to get hard to find things.

Nearly 2 years on and nothing.

A free filter is very much needed.

Needs filters for price, popularity/rating, downloads e.c.t.

I cant imagine it being difficult. Why is this still not done almost 2 years later?

[=franktech;620294]
#1.

Example: I needed to find something in the Launcher app just yesterday…
But you can’t do text searching inside the Launcher to filter any products.
You can’t even copy Launcher text out of there to search in a different app.
The webpage is better regarding all that, but it still offers no real sorting.

#2.
This thread really nails the state of things, but it didn’t get a reply unfortunately:

BTW:This isn’t written by a new user its from a moderator & marketplace creator!

#3.
Then recently Epic opened this thread… Its actually about promoting products.
Are these products no one can find? Just kidding except there is a real point here. :stuck_out_tongue:

[MENTION=59935] [/MENTION], [MENTION=8] Paschall[/MENTION], @Smarkoff
[/]

There are many more examples in the private forum. Unfortunately we’ve been told Soon™ for 2 years now. Without going into specifics since it’s a large discussion, we’ve actually just lost some of the little features we had.

[=franktech;620294]
#1.

• Example: I needed to find something in the Launcher app just yesterday…
    But you can’t do text searching inside the Launcher to filter any products.
    You can’t even copy Launcher text out of there to search in a different app.
    The webpage is better regarding all that, but it still offers no real sorting.

#2.
This thread really nails the state of things, but it didn’t get a reply unfortunately:

BTW:This isn’t written by a new user its from a moderator & marketplace creator!

#3.
Then recently Epic opened this thread… Its actually about promoting products.
Are these products no one can find? Just kidding except there is a real point here. :stuck_out_tongue:

, @Alexander_Paschall, @Smarkoff
[/]

Hey franktech,

Thank you for the feedback. The more detailed feedback we receive the more we have to work with when determining what the communities needs are and what we should prioritize. We know that the search functionality has been lacking for quite some time. It is definitely on our radar as something that needs to be addressed. Sadly, I don’t have a timeframe of when a change will be implemented. Once I know more about what we are trying to do and when it will be implemented I’ll be more than happy to provide that information to .

For the community thread linked at the bottom, we will be reviewing the content within soon to determine which of the ideas provided are possible, which are the most requested, and whether or not there was a clear choice or if a poll will be needed to gauge 's interest in the options provided.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to message me and I’ll be happy to talk to you.

Thanks,

also more sub-categories will be appreciated.
in my case, for music, it would be useful to categorise content by genre/style/mood/etc.

Surely someone can write a Firefox or Chrome plugin that allows us to filter.

Personally I want to be alerted on when a tool goes on special, rather than checking every day.