FX Star Kit A :: UE4 Marketplace Preview

is a quick preview of a star kit I am developing that will soon be available on the UE4 Market Place.

Star Kit Features:

• Corona Plate (Shader)
  • Star Surface ‘Fluid’ (Shader)
  • Sun Spot ‘Fluid’ (Shader)
  • Solar Storm (Shader)
  • Polar Coordinate (Material Function)
  • SMask (Material Function)
  • Splitter (Material Function)
  • And much more!..

A small preview is located below :slight_smile:

That looks awesome.

Is the kit capable of setting up coronas and stuff on actual sphere meshes, or is more for distant suns that you can use a billboard for?

Simply amazing! :eek:

The whole thing is being built for actual 3D stars that you can actively move around :slight_smile:

Awesome!

/10 chars

Looking so great! When will we see in motion? :slight_smile:

Insta-buy! is a million times better then the crappy star material I made xD

Took about an hour and flushed out the basics of the Star Surface (Lava Cake).
I finally got the dynamic motion down and my kelvin system set up.

Next 2 goals:

• Adding cooled plasma pockets, and super heated ejection spots.
  • Dynamic Sun spots (most likely using polar coordinates and cake masks)

Below is a screeny of the basic Lava Cake /w fluid motion.

Videos will hopefully come soon :cool:

Looks really cool :slight_smile:

Oh man, you took a big **** on the one I’ve been working on the last few months haha. These look amazing, consider me a buyer already!

Out of interest, is the corona plate designed to be used as a sprite or is it projected onto a sphere? I’m working on the latter method at he moment so I can get as close as I want to the sun surface and ensure it stays visible.

@ - The Corona Plate is going to serve 2 purposes. There will be a camera facing sprite but there is also going to be a 3d sprite array. So no matter what angle you look at it or how close, the array will be multi-dimensional and look as if it is coming off the surface at different angles.

To support effect is going to be the solar storms.
Here is one of the videos I am using as reference:

Star Surface now supports both uv coordinates and world coordinates. By default, the object is set to use world coordinates which means it seamlessly tiles no matter the object uv’s.
The world coordinate system also supports:

• fluid normal maps
  • Seamless surface color offset (procedural /based off of previous fluid surface)

With that rats nest done, time to move on to the sun spot meshes (and materials) :cool:

Looks stunning! So, are you using the noise functions to create seamless 3D noise or are you wrapping a texture using Polar Coordinates somehow? I’m guessing you have no distortion at the poles whatsoever?

‘Sprite Array’ - Now that sounds like an interesting term, is that something you’ve designed or something I could look into in the meantime? I’ve got one more obstacle to overcome on my own version of a corona shader (though not as pretty as yours yet ;)).

I am using gray-scale masks of the sun’s actual surface captured with a solar telescope through the IR spectrum.
The 3D Coordinates are generated in world coordinates.
The movement within the plasma is achieved through a custom painted flow [normal] map that shares the same coordinate system.

Correct. If the 3D coordinate system is turned on (is on by default) then there is no distortion or poles. The surface seamlessly tiles over all the geometry (as does the fluid map).

I personally call them “Sprite Arrays” but the technique has existed long before myself :slight_smile: If you can imagine creating 8 planes all incrementally rotating by 45 degrees then that would be an example of what I refer to as a “Sprite Array”. is used heavily in such as jet engines or spells.

Awesome! I am excited to see how it comes out :cool:

It’s here! The first video :cool:

Still a work in progress

Fully Implemented:

• 3D Corona
  • 3D Corona Ejections
  • Atmosphere
  • Fluids
  • Base Surface

Enjoy

Dear ,

I’m loving the theme here and enjoying just watching your star rotating around, pretty soon NASA will be using UE4 thanks to you!

Hee hee!

:heart:

Thanks bud :smiley:
Glad you like it!

Can’t wait to do some more work on it in a few days :slight_smile:

I’m throwing money at the screen but nothing’s happening!

Impressive!
Is the performance good enough to use it in a oculus rift game?

@ - LOL!

@DaEmpty - Sure, I can’t see why not :stuck_out_tongue: Although my Oculus still hasn’t been sent to me and it’s been over a month since I ordered (so I can’t test it yet). But I am building these things so that performance optimization is definitely an option.