How to SYNC animated material with Blueprint animation?

Hello,
After researching all over the internet I have come to the conclusion that either no one has run into this problem or no one has tried to do what I am trying to do.
What I am trying to do is sync my animated conveyor belt texture within my Spawned Mover Conveyor Belt Blueprint.

The first image shows the conveyor belt Blueprint where there are invisible boxes generated to carry Static Mesh boxes…the problem is that my animated texture (2nd image) is not in sync with the conveyor belt boxes (the invisible boxes being generated to carry the static mesh assets) so it looks bad when the static mesh boxes are moving on the belt.

My question is what configuration would I use for my conveyor belt (get) node in order to control the speed of the texture and does that texture need to stay as an (animated material) in the material editor or be a static texture (material) instead?

These are the nodes I am trying to use currently and I have even disconnected my Panner inside the Material Editor thinking that would help…but still no good.

I went ahead and took a screen shot of the Construction Script also as I thought I had found a solution but this isn’t working either.

I have tried several ways and nothing has worked so far and none of the documentation of tutorials speak on this subject. They mostly talk about changing the color parameters and things like that. Should I be using Flipbook instead of having a Panner setup in my Material since I am wanting to use Blueprint to animate the texture? This is a short video showing the out of sync animation using the Panner in the Material Editor to animate along with Blueprint using the invisible boxes to carry the static mesh box.

?v=F2LIVB40qRo

?v=9QA0J-sAdAk

?v=_GXcXe08AdU

You know, when I figure this **** out, I will make a video of my own to help others!

Ok, here we go. That’s how you can control the speed of a panner (in my case you can control x and y individually) :slight_smile:

You can either use parameters or a parameter collection to do that.

After you have made your material, follow the steps from this video to access them in your blueprint:

Didn’t work. In the tutorial that Zak is doing he is only showing how to change the vector param (color) of a texture/material…I am trying to control the speed of an actual Material which I already have set up to PAN in the Material Editor…There is no Parameter name for the Panner…and I don’t know which Parameter Node to use…I have tried a few of them so far and none of the work.

All this time at AnswerHub i thought you already had a parameter in the material…

Multiply your Time like did with a constant 1, then right click on that constant and convert it to parameter. Give it the parameter name you’ve been using in the blueprint and it has to work now.

Trying that now…man I hope this works! Thanks.

Still no luck… or ! These are the current nodes and they are not controlling the materials panner speed.

Thanks for all the help and .

Yes, i have. And i have even prepared a sample project for you with a simple BP and a material.

https://www.dropbox/s/r6i4vgkrfbvybk2/Panner.rar?dl=0

If this doesnt help either i dont know what will.

…I really appreciate your help. I got it to work with what you told me to do…the only problem is…the speed of the material still doesn’t sync with the box…it looks the same as it did when I was just using a panner. It is being controlled in BP though so that’s a start…Sincerely thanks!

Hey ,
I have included my files for you to look at if you have time. I just want the speed to control the invisible boxes that are being generated while also controlling the animated material so they sync.
https://www.dropbox/sh/01paifqex735uuy/AABnxLLW7IA8FJq9TylXk1Oga?dl=0

"Are you telling me that when you set yours up you actually controlled the speed of your brick material panning? Not a color change…but the actual texture moving? And if you did…can you tell me what Parameter node you used in the Material Editor and what Vector or Scalar node you used inside of Blueprint? That is all I need to know. Thanks for you help with this. "

Yes, when you set up the material like on the picture you can controle the speed of the panner (so how fast the texture will move). I used a scalar parameter for “1” and “2”

But just use 's setup. Then you can sync the speed of the panner with the one from the box :slight_smile:

I did what you said and I got it to work pretty good. I just used a multiply and created to speed variables one for the material and the other for the boxes. It’s still not perfect but it will do for now. Thanks for your help!