No ball affect on destructible mesh

Hello,

I made a destructible mesh that gets destroyed fine when I charge into it, but if I shoot one of those ball projectiles at it the projectile just disappears upon touching it and the mesh just stays the same. I want the destructible mesh to break like it does upon collision with me or the floor but when the projectile that I shoot touches it.

Thanks.

Assuming you are using the blueprint first person template, you could try changing the following settings in the root collision component in the projectile blueprint,
Under Physics.
Simulate physics on.
Under collision ,
Simulation generates hit events on.

Perhaps also change the collision presets to Physics body and turn on Use CCD if you still have issues with the projectile moving through meshes.

Hope some of that helps.

Hi Noahdutch,

Here is a simple tutorial that I started putting together for destructible meshes and using projectiles. I’ve not had a chance to refine and get up on the our Wiki pages yet but it may be helpful for you to get your mesh working with your projectile.

Step 10 is where setting up the projectile starts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/licmx8h1hlneo7k/Destructibles%20Tutorial.zip?dl=0

From the sounds of everything though, there are really only a couple of things you’ll need to adjust if you’re using the MyProjectile BP and your DM and adding to Linz suggestions with exception of CCD.

The projectile will need change it’s collision presets to Custom > overlap with Destructible

In the DM you’ll need to change collision preset to Custom > Overlap with Projectile

This way when you have your simulate physics and Generate hit events that will generate an event when either one of these overlap each other.

I hope this helps and if you have any questions feel free to ask! :slight_smile:

Tim

Thanks guys, I was able to get it working. :slight_smile: