User Tag List

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 2,001 to 2,018 of 2018

Thread: [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader

Quote Originally Posted by finwefeanor View Post
    Hey Steve, have you been able to solve your issue ? And did you see anyone TK, Dot or someone else pointed out this problem in the topic ? I did some search but only related post was yours. I see you did some workaround but what is the best way to get rid of ocean clipping through the static meshes ?

and also i wonder how many test points are you using and what are the radius and mesh weight for this kind of small boat if results have satisfied you for a realistic buoyancy ? I mean it's ok and easy for big ships like manowar but when you tweak small boats like this its difficult to achieve same goal. it seems often behave realistic on calm water but when you test it in oceanstorm map, not only waves swallow boat easily, also it sometimes thrown away from the waves.
    Hey there, I'm interested in finding out if anyone else here has had any luck getting small boat buoyancy settings looking good too - I've spent a few days messing with density settings and test points and am having similar problems.

I have seen a few posts that state 4.16 is not supported yet, but a few seem to mention that it is possible to use the plugin with 4.16. Can anyone provide clarification, and any steps needed to make it work properly. So far I cannot get it to work in 4.16.

Hello, I would like to announce that I am going to open a forum for the integration of transparency in water and many more new features that I have integrated, since I have improved my technique, please those who are interested say below this comment if they vote for the revelation Of my method.

(Physical Water Surface)

Last edited by ambershee; 07-21-2017 at 10:36 AM. Reason: deleted size tags

@Johnathan Light....I am interested to see how your transparency system works and any other additions you have made to your 'Physical Water Surface'. Tempted to switch over to your product, especially as the implementation is all BP.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan light View Post
    Hello, I would like to announce that I am going to open a forum for the integration of transparency in water and many more new features that I have integrated, since I have improved my technique, please those who are interested say below this comment if they vote for the revelation Of my method.

(Physical Water Surface)
    @jonathan light - I'm interested too!!
    Last edited by ambershee; 07-21-2017 at 10:37 AM. Reason: deleted size tags

@Jackseno @finwefeanor

The buoyant mesh component included in the project works way better for smaller boats (and even bigger ones IMO) than the test points buoyancy. It uses a completely different type of logic for buoyancy and is more physically accurate. Here's where it's first introduced (ignore the part about the separate OceanProject version, it's since been included in the project).

As far as solving the ocean clipping issue, I've been using a combination of the ocean surface mask (that you can see in one of the demo levels) and the "mesh lens" technique I described earlier. Both solutions have their problems and I'm working on a more perfect solution, I'll post here when it's finished.

Infiltrator
    @ipninichuck i have made a 4.16 branch https://github.com/johnfg10/OceanProject which has it all setup and ready to go

Quote Originally Posted by johnfg12 View Post
    @ipninichuck i have made a 4.16 branch https://github.com/johnfg10/OceanProject which has it all setup and ready to go
    Thank you so Much!!!! You have brightened my day.

New update

(Physical Water Surface)

I have corrected many problems of my previous version and with integration of new features
    How to reflect dynamic planar
    Double transparency
    Noise reduction 100%
    New cut transition
    Among many more corrections

Here is a demonstration

Name:  HighresScreenshot00012.jpeg
Views: 242
Size:  866.8 KB

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by ambershee; 07-21-2017 at 10:35 AM. Reason: deleted size tags

First of all thanks for doing this great project and sharing it.
    secondly I wanted to share a possible bug I have found. if you adjust the camera somewhere exactly around the surface of the water, somewhere between the waves a half sphere appears
    here is a screen shot i got from one of the maps in your project without touching anything in it
    Name:  bug.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  372.5 KB

Here is a demonstration
    Going to test this soon. Thanks Jonathan!

Only thing missing are beach waves .... THe market pack Beach Water uses a spline, which needs to be setup around the island shore.

Anyone know how to set the Terrain Material Instance Parent at run-time in C++?

Quote Originally Posted by WixZ View Post
    The TrueSky node is actually doing exactly what it should and the problem it caused on your water is in fact fully fixed. The smaller holes you are seeing are caused by the fact that Unreal engine is a deferred renderer which has serious issues with rendering layered transparency. There is a "workaround" to "fix" this though but it comes at a cost. A cost of having to render your ocean twice, meaning you will need to place your ocean mesh inside your level at the exact same coordinates twice. One has your normal ocean shader he other will act as a depth buffer rendered at a seperate depth channel which you then have to call from your main ocean shader and use as a mask to hide the backside of each wave. This also means that he back of each wave will also be fully opaque, but there is yet another fix for that if you use custom refraction by utilizing your scene color which does allow you to create fully transparent water material with no sorting issues but if you want to know more about that just ask.

These are the nodes you will need in your main shader: (Note I did not come up with this fix, It was provided by someone on the forums and is also included in the community ocean project)
    Attachment 147217

Custom node:
    Attachment 147219

Then you'll want to make a depth buffer material to apply on your second mesh. Inside this material should be your wave displacement and pretty much nothing more. Might want to tweak some settings to make it as lightweight as possible as all this material needs to do is render to a custom depth pass, nothing more. Then apply this material to your second waterplane mesh and make sure the waterplane mesh is set to render to custom depth pass:
    Attachment 147218

That's it. The sorting issues will be gone, but your water just got twice as expensive to render.

There are probably better ways to deal with this issue but I have no idea how. Well I guess you could switch to forward rendering, but that has other issues and limitations that don't weigh up against the pros of defered rendering. If anyone knows of some other fix for this sorting issue, feel free to correct me.
    sorry for the big quote

I'm looking to combine the TrueSky plugin with this ocean.
    Results thusfar are that the ocean is sort of black.
    Could you maybe explain (in a sort of noob ue4 language) how I can set this up?
    ]Name:  ue4help.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  419.3 KB

would be a great help

Is there a ready plugin version available yet for 4.16? Are these palm tree, the coastal erosion, the sk, and the landscape material features part of the update?

Quote Originally Posted by unit23 View Post
    Is there a ready plugin version available yet for 4.16? Are these palm tree, the coastal erosion, the sk, and the landscape material features part of the update?
    Hello, my pleasure, all these integrations were made by me.

Hello mates
    Two days ago I just started to read this project and I want to understand algorythm, because I want to write simple water in c++, but i don't know few things...
    1) Why there are 2 sets of waves
    2) Why there are 8 waves in set
    I really don't know this
    And maybe someone know any articles with water physics/shaders theory?

I don't know if I missed something, but is there a post explaining how to install this plugin? Also, I'm using 4.16, and I can't seem to figure out what exactly to download :/

I have faced an issue regarding changing some variables of the plugin.
    it seems stay-upright and some other configuration is only applied during the initialization round and later won't be taken to consideration.
    can we expose a function for reinitialization ?

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051