User Tag List

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,960 of 1962

Thread: [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader

That's what I'm using at the moment, but even after modifications it just isn't on the same quality level. Also it doesn't have buoyancy unfortunately.

Infiltrator
    Well I have no problems at all by using the link earlier in this thread with the latest unreal.

Do you know when we might see improved water effects like these from the recent gdc talk?

Skip 42 minutes in to see the final result!

I am currently trying out an iFFT approach for an Ocean Shader running on the GPU. The CPU is used to get the data in order to calculate buoyancy for some objects.
    There are still many things missing (e.g. really dynamic crest foam based on the slope of a wave in the last few frames).
    You can see first results here:

The ship isn't mine and taken from this GitHub project (nice model btw). And yeah, there are no animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Afritus View Post
    I am currently trying out an iFFT approach for an Ocean Shader running on the GPU.
    That looks really nice! What are your plans for the project? The marketplace could definitely use more ocean shaders

Quote Originally Posted by OptionalSteve View Post
    That looks really nice! What are your plans for the project? The marketplace could definitely use more ocean shaders
    Thank you. I don't really have any plans for this project and the shader is far from being finished. I don't think that I will publish it on the marketplace anytime soon :/

Hi guys! I am a scientist of KM3NeT and we are building an underwater neutrino telescope. I made a virtual reality experience using the ocean project with the aim to show our detector to young students and I want to share it with you. This is the first game I did with UE4 so isn't perfect.
    By the way thank you so much for this fantastic project!.
    here the link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgKrfUu4fcQ

hope you like it
    cheers
    Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by mike444 View Post
    Well I have no problems at all by using the link earlier in this thread with the latest unreal.
    How did you manage to open it? To me, it says that the following modules are missing or made with a different engine version and shows 2 DLLs. It offers to recompile, but fails. I tried to open the sln file in Visual Studio, right clicked on the project and pressed rebuild. That failed as well. I'm not a programmer so I have no idea if I did something wrong, I tried to figure out the steps reading other people's posts here.
    Also, I checked Github and saw that there is a pull request and people say that I can download that, but failed to find any way to do so. I see only one download button on the main page. (I have never used Github either) If you or somebody could upload a working 4.14 or 4.15 version somewhere easily reachable place, that would be super awesome!
    Last edited by Fisher007; 04-08-2017 at 10:51 AM.

hi...my name is farid.i want to ask how to run thi project?i already download this project from github and try to compile from visual studio 2015. but when i compile it, always show Error : UBT error : Failed to produce item : MyDirectory\plugins\OceanPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-projectname.dll .what should i do?

Hi thanks for this great project
    Any chance the project will be updated for unreal 4.14 or 4.15 ?
    It would be awsome ! Thanks again

Promoter
    Hello,
    Thanks for sharing this codes, I want to get Maximum / Minimum of Sun Altitude at starting of day (at 00:00:00) but i don't know how to calculate that, that would be great for any solution ....
    ABC Augmented Reality by UE4
    GooglePlay

ArchVis VR

Supporter
    The 4.12 branch on the repo is misnamed, it is 4.15 compatible. I assume, in the same vein, that the commit before the 4.15 one is 4.14 compatible

Supporter
    Hi, i am running the project but small objects near to ocean surface are not reflected in water, is possible get this reflections? thanks.
    Last edited by Nestg; 04-13-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GRobecchi View Post
    The 4.12 branch on the repo is misnamed, it is 4.15 compatible. I assume, in the same vein, that the commit before the 4.15 one is 4.14 compatible
    How did you do ? It won't work for me :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nestg View Post
    Hi, i am running the project but small objects near to ocean surface are not reflected in water, is possible get this reflections? thanks.
    make sure planer reflections is on

Supporter
    Thanks, i have in ON planar reflections but small objects near to water are not appear in reflections, only small objects far away from water appear, i try diferrent settings for planar reflection but none works.

Name:  título5.png
Views: 1452
Size:  609.6 KB
    Last edited by Nestg; 04-13-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks, i have in ON planar reflections but small objects near to water are not appear in reflections, only small objects far away from water appear, i try diferrent settings for planar reflection but none works.

Name:  título5.png
Size:  609.6 KB
    that is weird, i just remoted to my dev machine from work and i do not have this issue.
    im still using 4.14 because of the loss in 4.15 right now ... but .. i didnt notice it. If someone wants to test 4.15 for this, they can. You would have to wait for me to build a 4.15 setup to get ya a real answer

Supporter
    Looks like the problem is the distance of planar reflection component to water surface, when i move near this to the water level the reflections appear but too appear random dark (dirty) zones (reflections) in the water. Possibly are reflection of the water in the same water, any way to disable this?, thanks.

Name:  título6.png
Size:  785.8 KB
    Last edited by Nestg; 04-13-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Supporter
    adding Ocean to hide actor in planar reflections component the problem is solved, thanks Angrytoilet.
    Last edited by Nestg; 04-13-2017 at 02:31 PM.

adding Ocean to hide actor in planar reflections component the problem is solved, thanks Angrytoilet.
    you can select the reflection comp and make the distance massive if you wanted.... that should cover you lol
    i had to make mine 6x bigger to cover out my entire playable ocean area

Samaritan
    I updated my fork of OceanProject plugin with these fixes:
    (I'm not sure why they weren't picked up for merge, but still, this allowed me to clean them up )

Code:
    Updated to Visual Studio 2017
    Added user folder from VS2017 to .gitignore
    Fixed many errors and warnings
    Changed M_Ocean_SSR Reflection Cubemap param from Color to Linear Color
    Changed ThirdPersonCharacter GrabComponentAtLocation node with GrabComponentAtLocationWithRotation. Left the rotation data as default (0,0,0).
    Deleted broken BP_SkyOLD (Replaced with BP_Skydome). Removed together auxiliary WB_SkyOLD_HUD debug widget.
    Deleted Old versions of the ManOfWar meshes (they were messing up the build tool and weren't referenced anywhere)
    Updated BP_Rivertool, replacing the deprecated functions
    Replaced View.ViewSizeAndSceneTexelSize.xy with an external node in M_PP_RadialBlur
    Updated OceanShaderEnum.uasset to UE4.15
    Updated README.md to show features added in UE4.12 and that it is updated to UE4.15
    Merged with base OceanProject repository
    Merged my changed with base OceanProject repository
    Also removed RuntimeMeshComponent plugin (Which I forgot to include in the changelog).

If anyone had cloned my fork, I apologize for the mess in there. The master change in the main repository caused tons of conflicts in my fork. (They changed the master branch).
    My 4.12 branch is probably kinda messed up, but I managed to fix my 4.15 branch and submitted a pull request.

Link to my fork: https://github.com/TheZoc/OceanProject

Link to my pull request: https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/OceanProject/pull/35

Comments and fixes are welcome, as always

Supporter
    Hi again, i am making a underwater game (i am using last version 4.15 of the project) and would like get a result like this

Name:  ado-noyé-italie-43-minutes.jpg
Views: 1380
Size:  47.1 KB

but for the moment the underwater mode looks this (i will be try made sun shafts later), any way to make distortion of the sun? thanks.

Name:  Sintítulo7.png
Views: 1390
Size:  353.7 KB
    Last edited by Nestg; 04-14-2017 at 12:56 PM.

Hey guys, I've read the set-up guides but I can't for the life of me figure out why, but when I drag the BP_Ocean into my scene it's pure white and it's flickering like crazy. I can see the water nicely when I move extremely close to the plane; any ideas on how to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by I Just ****** View Post
    Hey guys, I've read the set-up guides but I can't for the life of me figure out why, but when I drag the BP_Ocean into my scene it's pure white and it's flickering like crazy. I can see the water nicely when I move extremely close to the plane; any ideas on how to fix this?
    make sure you enable the planer reflections in your project -
    side note: open the different maps that come with the project and make sure you are not getting the same effect.
    If you are NOT, then, what other plugins are you using? clear project with nothing else besides this BP in it? Make sure you pulled the plugins folder and the content over to your own project properly (i dont use migrate, i use windows explorer copy/paste)

Planar reflections is enabled in my project. I'm running 4.15.1. When I loaded the project for the first time I had the same effects on the viewport (brown mud decals on the screen?) as in the demo scene, and the water functioned for a brief moment before it returned to it's current state. I have no other plugins other than the default ones; this is the only plugin I've worked with so far. Might it be because I'm using World Composition? The results doesn't change when I place the ocean in the persistent level or not.

I normally just copy/paste aswell, but that made the blueprint into a "Bad Blueprint" and gave me disconnected errors in the code.

Here's how it appears once I've migrated the Ocean folder, turned on Planar Reflections, enabled the plugin. The water is moving, but the only visuals I can see is this. If I move further away the entire plane goes white like the rest of this picture:
    Name:  Issues.png
Views: 1211
Size:  665.3 KB
    Last edited by I Just Pissed; 04-18-2017 at 07:26 AM.

Maybe an issue with 4.15.1. I am not sure, I am not running 4.15. Make sure you are running the latest ocean plugin? Hopefully someone using 4.15 can speak up and assist.

Well the ocean works in the demo scenes so it shouldn't be the engines' fault, but the import on my side. I'm running version 1.0 of the plugin.

Well the ocean works in the demo scenes so it shouldn't be the engines' fault, but the import on my side. I'm running version 1.0 of the plugin.
    if its working in the demo, then your projects settings some place is breaking it.
    test: new project > add in ocean stuff only (copy paste) > see if it all loads for you (not on demo map)

come to think of it -
    i had some weird issues with transparencies and other stuff breaking my water. kinda like what you are seeing. mainly the caps were all missing from the waves lol. Turns out TrueSky broke the water due to some material settings ...

anyways - check what else could be causing it, reflections, materials in the sky ... it could really be anything

I found the issue; I have a post processing volume in my scene, which overlays objects that I interact with, and is therefore unbound. When the volume is not unbound, the ocean works just as expected. Any suggestions? I wouldn't want to remove the volume as it's mandatory for my interaction system. Thanks for the help!

I found the issue; I have a post processing volume in my scene, which overlays objects that I interact with, and is therefore unbound. When the volume is not unbound, the ocean works just as expected. Any suggestions? I wouldn't want to remove the volume as it's mandatory for my interaction system. Thanks for the help!
    well here is the rub ...
    the global is unbound (for ocean) you can remove that.
    the swim/water pp is bound, but, will move with the water waves ... so ..
    try this: set to ultra, remove the global pp, keep the rest. set your global as your own pp (in the ocean BP, but, not inside the bp .. just the editable functions)
    that should work and keep the water setup and working, and, then when out of water, your own pp will take the place.
    now .. if you need BOTH pp to work, you got me there, 2 postprocess at once maybe not be doable .. i dont know

Quote Originally Posted by TK-Master View Post
    Hey people, and happy new year

I know there has been a lack of updates but I can assure you that progress is being done behind the scenes (slowly but surely).
    Thanks to everyone who is sharing their updated branch for 4.14 and helping with thread questions by the way.

I'm trying to find more time to work on the project but it keeps getting more difficult.. which is why I'm thinking it might be a good idea to release my upcoming FFT ocean as a new plugin in the marketplace.

You can think of the new marketplace plugin as an early access to "kickstart" the project, that way I will be able to put much more time to it, update it more rapidly and add more features.
    Then later down the line I will open source it to the community. What do you guys think?

Here is a list with the core features I'm aiming at for the first released version of the plugin:

-Ocean based on Tessendorf's FFT paper.

-Multiple ocean spectra to choose from with many tweakable parameters (amplitude, choppy, wind velocity, direction, fetch etc.).
    Phillips and Unified Directional spectrum currently implemented.

-Foam generation based on the ocean spectrum.
    Tweakable parameters: foam amount, coverage, decay rate, dissipation.

-Infinite ocean system using Quadtrees (video).
    Dynamically subdivides the ocean patches for efficient usage of vertices.
    Expands to the horizon (or up to given distance).
    Frustum culling (removes patches outside the camera view).

-Custom BRDF shading based on Eric Bruneton's paper.
    BRDF model suited for ocean rendering.
    Added custom SSS (subsurface scattering).
    Planar reflections (custom component) which can be tweaked in the shader.

-Interactive water heightfield.
    Allows for dynamic interaction with the ocean surface (as in watch dogs).
    Can be layered on top of the FFT waves (square around the camera will be simulated) or used as stand alone for lakes and puddles.
    Boats leave natural looking wakes.
    Multiple propagation algorithms to choose (MuellerGDC, Tessendorf iWave and more).

-Underwater post process effects.
    Waterline (camera-ocean intersection).
    Light absorption / fog (new method).
    Volumetric Godrays.

Many more features planned for later updates.

I don't have an ETA yet but hopefully early this year.

And as always, a screenshot

(Click for larger image)
    This is how the custom BRDF currently looks like (shader still far from final, wip).

TK-MASTER I have a doubt and I imagine that I am not the only one, ¿when it thinks to throw
      Your project to market?

Look what I found

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan light View Post

Look what I found
    Thank god someone else is working on FFT water, this project looks like its dead

Quote Originally Posted by kkhaial View Post
    Thank god someone else is working on FFT water, this project looks like its dead
    If you are quite right lately I do not see tkmaster in these places

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan light View Post
    If you are quite right lately I do not see tkmaster in these places
    i dont know that its "dead" i think they are working on something for the marketplace
    really it depends on if you need ocean travel or not for this
    the overhead (assuming your NOT using it for an ocean game) just isnt worth it.
    Using this for an ocean game (travel or whatever) its not that bad.
    With that said, there are plenty of ocean planes that can simulate this same effect and even have spline based lines for the breaks on a beach .... the one i am using to replace this is the one from the Tripical Islands on marketplace. The ocean has like 0 loss to my project, and, the beach line actually looks like .. a beach line.

Again, if your not making a ocean based project (sea travel, tons of underwater game play, needing water physics for waves and such) then this will be one of the biggest "wastes" of time and over head you can use. Its like building an "outerspace" to your map when you will never have outerspace travel.

Not trying to down this, as i think the community has done an outstanding job, but, its you dont need this, its not worth the trouble.

Supporter
    Hey when I package my project, I always got an error. Please help your project is so amazing !

Quote Originally Posted by AP_Studios View Post
    i dont know that its "dead" i think they are working on something for the marketplace
    really it depends on if you need ocean travel or not for this
    the overhead (assuming your NOT using it for an ocean game) just isnt worth it.
    Using this for an ocean game (travel or whatever) its not that bad.
    With that said, there are plenty of ocean planes that can simulate this same effect and even have spline based lines for the breaks on a beach .... the one i am using to replace this is the one from the Tripical Islands on marketplace. The ocean has like 0 loss to my project, and, the beach line actually looks like .. a beach line.

Again, if your not making a ocean based project (sea travel, tons of underwater game play, needing water physics for waves and such) then this will be one of the biggest "wastes" of time and over head you can use. Its like building an "outerspace" to your map when you will never have outerspace travel.

Not trying to down this, as i think the community has done an outstanding job, but, its you dont need this, its not worth the trouble.
    This whole project is amazing I am sorry if my question was misunderstood

Hey Guys,

I'm currently working on an ArchVis project that uses the BP_Sky from this plugin. Sadly, I have an issue/a bug when trying to build lighting. It simply doesn't build the light at all. Someone recommended turning on 'Force No Precomputed Lighting' on which, for me, only disables the build process. I still have a huge performance hit and lighting bugs resulting in holes in the skybox.

Does anybody else have this issue and maybe also a solution to this?

Hey guys. One question, how do you turn off the distortion effect when you're under water. Cause technically you should only get a distortion effect when you're on the surface looking at something below the water but when you're also below the water there wouldn't be distortion anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TorQueMoD View Post
    Hey guys. One question, how do you turn off the distortion effect when you're under water. Cause technically you should only get a distortion effect when you're on the surface looking at something below the water but when you're also below the water there wouldn't be distortion anymore.
    disable the postprocess part of the underwater ...

^ little misleading ...

there is a part in the postprocess for the pp_underwater that needs turned off and set back to default.
    it maybe a mix of a couple settings, but, thats where you start

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast