User Tag List

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 440 of 1891

Thread: [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader

  1. #401
    0
    Thought I'd post this here, some visible improvements to the fish schooling


  2. #402
    0
    Hi guys,

    With the permission of DotCam, I want to post here, the "NOOB" pluguin Version for UE 4.6.1 :P

    I'm sure, that more than one, tried to use the pluguin in this version, and they can't..

    If it can help someone, I'll be satisfied! If not, no problem, more rubbish.. hah

    https://mega.co.nz/#!SYpSzZJI!xbOAvy...t4CqvZl-7j3zUc

  3. #403
    0
    Mythic

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by SpykeRel04D View Post
    Hi guys,

    With the permission of DotCam, I want to post here, the "NOOB" pluguin Version for UE 4.6.1 :P

    I'm sure, that more than one, tried to use the pluguin in this version, and they can't..

    If it can help someone, I'll be satisfied! If not, no problem, more rubbish.. hah
    I appreciate you trying to help, but that link is for a different ocean system (VaOcean). If anyone needs an earlier version please use one of these links until the GitHub build is updated:

    4.6.1 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...R28&authuser=0
    4.7.2 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...czA&authuser=0

    Thank you.

  4. #404
    0
    Samaritan
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    81
    Hey DotCam, I posted some of my bug testing results yesterday with images on the end of Page 10.

    I have a feature request, assuming this isn't already easily possible with UE4. I am still getting used to the editor :P

    Basically, make it so that the buoyancy test points act solely as the ocean surface collision, no collision model necessary, or allow the usage of a separate collision set, so what the players collide with is not the same as what the ocean collides with. I'd ultimately like to use a special collision set for the Ocean to keep it cheap. The collision I would have to use for players is way more data than the ocean surface needs :P

    Some of the issues I experienced on the previous page though, the buoyancy would not accept simple sphere collision on my galleon. The galleon would be unresponsive to the waves, and very slowly descend along the Z-axis for about 10 seconds, then ascend very slowly up the Z-axis for about 10 seconds, then it would start to descend again much faster on the Z-axis, and completely sink to the bottom of the ocean. That was my results with simple sphere colliders.

  5. #405
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DotCam View Post
    I appreciate you trying to help, but that link is for a different ocean system (VaOcean). If anyone needs an earlier version please use one of these links until the GitHub build is updated:

    4.6.1 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...R28&authuser=0
    4.7.2 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...czA&authuser=0

    Thank you.

    Oh!
    I think that I made a MIX of your Ocean with VaOcean.. OhGOD!
    Because there are the two versions :P

    But also, thank you very much for the actualized links and excuseme for my Noobness :P

  6. #406
    0
    Komodoman, thanks for posting this.

    I'm glad you posted it here, since updates are not frequent on this thread. I think it's the correct place.

  7. #407
    0
    Mythic

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,232
    Ok guys, I just pushed a new release to the master branch (and just now merged it to 1.0, both are up to date) on GitHub, the plugin has been fixed and has a couple new features added. There is also a demo object showing how to use the BuoyancyMovementComponent, and I will be adding some documentation to the Wiki in a few minutes.

    Please test it and see if this fixes it for you! Thanks and sorry for the delay.

    Download here - https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...ct/tree/master
    Wiki is here - https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/OceanProject/wiki

    @DIFTOW - That is how they are meant to work, you do not even need collision on your mesh in order to use the buoyancy. Have a look at the example buoy to see the setup, all that you need to do for the static mesh is enable physics, the rest is handled by the BuoyancyMovementComponent.

    More info will be up on the wiki shortly.
    Last edited by DotCam; 03-16-2015 at 04:09 PM.

  8. #408
    0
    Samaritan
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    81
    Ah, so the physics drives how the object pitches and rolls, and how much it bobs (gravity). This is starting to make more sense now =3
    So good to have those debugging spheres!

  9. #409
    0
    Mythic

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by DIFTOW View Post
    Ah, so the physics drives how the object pitches and rolls, and how much it bobs (gravity). This is starting to make more sense now =3
    So good to have those debugging spheres!
    Yeah they make it so much simpler to do, but they are really glitchy in the blueprint editor viewport, they are created by construction script and last for 10 seconds. So as you are adjusting the location of a test point you will get a whole bunch of spheres in the direction you are adding on x/y/z. Still need to find a better way for the BP editor, but in-game you can turn them on and off using the "Debug Mode" checkbox for the blueprint.

    I am going to push another update shortly with a "Template blueprint" that can be used as a base for buoyant objects, it will have the node scripts built in so you don't need to copy the script into each new buoyant object you make. Al you will need to do is set the mesh and test points, and object Mass (make sure the Mass of the object is at a realistic weight, the buoy weighed 1 and 1/2 ton's bye default... changed that to 300kg. So make sure it is within a valid range, otherwise buoyancy will have a really hard time trying to keep the thing afloat.

    As a test I am working on a fairly large fishing boat as well, once I have it finished I will upload it as a demo object too!

    The wiki will be updated over the coming days, but please ask if you have any questions on how to use it here! I will be online more often now, was busy tracking down bugs, so feel free to ask away.

    p.s. I will be replying to a whole bunch of posts I wasn't able to get to over the past few days, sorry for that guys, will post soon!
    Last edited by DotCam; 03-16-2015 at 05:40 PM.

  10. #410
    0
    Samaritan
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    81
    Assuming mass is the same as earth weight, cause I cannot remember, the galleon's earth weight would be VERY heavy. But that makes it pretty unresponsive to the waves. The galleon doesn't tilt with the waves unless its mass is set to something like 2000kg or less. That seems really low lol, and if I drop it on land it bounces around a little like a ball. What should be done here?

    EDIT: I have to use something like 50 KG if the waves are big, and 2000 KG if they are small. The physics don't seem to work very well with something complex like a ship.
    Last edited by DIFTOW; 03-16-2015 at 05:58 PM.

  11. #411
    0
    Mythic

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by DIFTOW View Post
    Assuming mass is the same as earth weight, cause I cannot remember, the galleon's earth weight would be VERY heavy. But that makes it pretty unresponsive to the waves. The galleon doesn't tilt with the waves unless its mass is set to something like 2000kg or less. That seems really low lol, and if I drop it on land it bounces around a little like a ball. What should be done here?
    Also make sure you are increasing the test point Volume Radius(keep the ships mass around 50,000 and the volume radius increase will counteract it), for a ship like that try 1000 or higher for each point, I would recommend using 6 test point total. Give that a try!
    [Free Community Project/Plugin] WIP Dynamic Ocean & Calendar Based Sky
    New Features:: Highly accurate sun/moon position, and lunar phase calculations built into the plugin (base class for the SkyDome blueprint)
    In Progress: Weather simulation w/ volumetric clouds

  12. #412
    0
    Trying out the plugin. Appreciate your work. Not negative in anyway but a small changelog would be nice Ie Mar 16 - plugin version pushed to github, feature x added, feature x had this part changed a little.
    Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

  13. #413
    0
    Samaritan
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by DotCam View Post
    Also make sure you are increasing the test point Volume Radius(keep the ships mass around 50,000 and the volume radius increase will counteract it), for a ship like that try 1000 or higher for each point, I would recommend using 6 test point total. Give that a try!
    1000 volume radius doesn't seem to do enough, but I didn't add 2 more buoyancy points so I'll try that first.

    This is making me ask the question though of whether this is overkill for a large object that players will be walking on and other objects in general will be colliding on.
    Should it actually be real physics, or would it be better to fake physics?
    What did they do in Assassin's Creed?
    Real physics, besides being CPU intensive, could also glitch out right or have undesirable effects. Like my ship capsizing when it shouldn't or when I do not want it to. You lose some control the more realistic it becomes.

    Do you have any plans to do a cheap alternative to UE4 physics so all the effects, like bobbing are faked instead?

  14. #414
    0
    Im using it on a 5 mile long submarine with no problems just 4 test points... Fake bobbing? Make a timeline that changes the location releetive to the ocean plane in a looping random sequence maybe make two or three and lerp or rand between them.

    anyways plugin works fine! Thanks dot!
    Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

  15. #415
    0
    Dotcam you are amazing Yes victory with your script will be easier now! muhahaha! sorry excited thanks so much

  16. #416
    0
    Samaritan
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    81
    For the ship's collision, how do I use per-poly with players, and the simple convex collision for physics?
    I can't do a one size fits all collision. The amount of convex geometry I would need to make it work for players would be as expensive or more expensive than per-poly, and too much convex collision than what physics needs.

    Also DotCam, would you be interested in testing with my galleon? :P

  17. #417
    0
    So now that the buoyancy is a struct that we can put in our own structs, any one know how to set the values of everything withing a struct? For example if I have a structure containing 10 testpoint structs how could I change the buyoancy value of all of them at once to -1 or +1?
    Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

  18. #418
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nsomnia View Post
    So now that the buoyancy is a struct that we can put in our own structs, any one know how to set the values of everything withing a struct? For example if I have a structure containing 10 testpoint structs how could I change the buyoancy value of all of them at once to -1 or +1?
    I am showing him how to make it work. But if you have a better way please show.

  19. #419
    0
    If you temper with the weather please offer a way to communicate the current state, to offer a way to code the player physical effects too. Basically i need for visual environmental effects an option to translate them into player physics. i.e. if the sea is ruff, the player swim tempo is reduced.
    Last edited by unit23; 03-17-2015 at 07:02 AM.

  20. #420
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by unit23 View Post
    If you temper with the weather please offer a way to communicate the current state, to offer a way to code the player physical effects too. Basically i need for visual environmental effects an option to translate them into player physics. i.e. if the sea is ruff, the player swim tempo is reduced.
    Im not UE API expert yet but you should be able to do a basic check and either tick it or include it in a timeline somewhere.
    Code:
    //pseudo-code 
    if(beaufort_scale == 12_ { swim_speed -= 10.5f } or if(wave_scale == 1.23f && wave_amplitude = 35.0f) { swim_speed -= 10.4f; }
    Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

  21. #421
    0
    Hi guys!

    I'm triying to resolve some erros that I have with it..

    Now, first of all, what I did is download the "OceanDemo" that DotCam provides to us: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...R28&authuser=0

    (I'm in UE 4.6.1).

    To use it.. I have to use this project and modify it by myself to make my own project?

    Or I can do it different? (I want to remember that I'm in 4.6.1)

    Thanks!

  22. #422
    0
    Mythic

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by SpykeRel04D View Post
    Hi guys!

    I'm triying to resolve some erros that I have with it..

    Now, first of all, what I did is download the "OceanDemo" that DotCam provides to us: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...R28&authuser=0

    (I'm in UE 4.6.1).

    To use it.. I have to use this project and modify it by myself to make my own project?

    Or I can do it different? (I want to remember that I'm in 4.6.1)

    Thanks!
    Sorry, that's something I have been meaning to do (create a 4.6.1 version of the project with the plugin on GitHub). From the link in your post it will be MUCH easier to use that project as a base, but with the plugin version that is not necessary.

    Are you able to upgrade to 4.7? I will need to re-create the project with the plugin for 4.6.1, was planning to do that over the weekend before all the plugin issues. I will try and get to it over the next couple of days.

  23. #423
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DotCam View Post
    Sorry, that's something I have been meaning to do (create a 4.6.1 version of the project with the plugin on GitHub). From the link in your post it will be MUCH easier to use that project as a base, but with the plugin version that is not necessary.

    Are you able to upgrade to 4.7? I will need to re-create the project with the plugin for 4.6.1, was planning to do that over the weekend before all the plugin issues. I will try and get to it over the next couple of days.

    Thank you very much to answer me!

    Well.. My intention is not to upgrade to 4.7, because I'm doing a subject of UE4 at university, and in class we have 4.6.1.. And it may be cause some errors..

    If in class, I'll be able to install 4.7.3, I won't have any problem with the plugin no?
    It it's correct.. I'll try to do it.

    Thanks!

    EIDT:

    Now I'm triying it at home with 4.7.3..

    Can you give me the instructions for using it well?
    I was searching for it, and I didn't found.

    Thanks another time!
    Last edited by SpykeRel04D; 03-17-2015 at 04:10 PM. Reason: I can only install 4.7.3

  24. #424
    0
    Hey Dotcam running into some issues with the Buoyancy so if I make a pole in the water with only two test points and assign one a +1 and the other a negative 1 the object will float in the middle and not toss or turn to the negative facing the bottom like it should. If you could build it for me and test this to see if my version of the project is corrupt that would be great

  25. #425
    0
    Hang on, I think its just my objects mass if I increase one side to +45 and then the other to -45 i finally see a topsy turny

  26. #426
    0
    Just realized the caustics and day/night cycle, swimming have all been implemented. Cant wait for weather the lightning asset is soo beautiful. The night time is so realistic too. I dont need to design a level I'll just use your setup for the ocean lol.

    No crashes, amazing performance, looks beautiful. Ahhhh.
    Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

  27. #427
    0
    Samaritan
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    81
    So is there anyway to use per-poly collision for everything but physics?
    Have the simple convex geometry for physics, and everything else collides per-poly with certain elements of my ship?

    Cause the kind of collision this ocean system needs for the physics to work properly is not compatible with the kind of collision that players and props need to collide properly with the ship.
    I either need to use both for different situations, or have 2 different convex collision sets.

    Or the ocean system needs to be able to pitch, roll, and bob the ship without a collision model or even without physics.

  28. #428
    0
    @DotCam

    Finally, I used the created project for 4.6.1 and adapt it with my Project

    Thank you for all! When I have it so cool, I'll show it to you! :P

  29. #429
    0
    Hey guys,

    Fantastic news. My friend and I have been working on a branch off of DotCam's oceanDemo and we have implemented both caustics and fish AI!!!! Check it out on GitHub (The underwater dev branch). And screenshot below for proof.


  30. #430
    0
    Testing out the underwater dev branch now, may be more of what we need to build off. Think bringing your periscope up and seeing the yellow submarine fly by as an easter egg hah.

    Edit: The caustics and vignette look great and the fish are nice I'll have to see if I can keep the perforamnce up on 16 ocean tiles. It instantiates so many fish as it is on 1.
    Last edited by Nsomnia; 03-18-2015 at 08:38 AM.
    Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

  31. #431
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nsomnia View Post
    Testing out the underwater dev branch now, may be more of what we need to build off. Think bringing your periscope up and seeing the yellow submarine fly by as an easter egg hah.

    Edit: The caustics and vignette look great and the fish are nice I'll have to see if I can keep the perforamnce up on 16 ocean tiles. It instantiates so many fish as it is on 1.
    You can control the amount of fish that spawn via the fish manager

  32. #432
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DIFTOW View Post
    So is there anyway to use per-poly collision for everything but physics?
    Have the simple convex geometry for physics, and everything else collides per-poly with certain elements of my ship?

    Cause the kind of collision this ocean system needs for the physics to work properly is not compatible with the kind of collision that players and props need to collide properly with the ship.
    I either need to use both for different situations, or have 2 different convex collision sets.

    Or the ocean system needs to be able to pitch, roll, and bob the ship without a collision model or even without physics.
    Your making a ship that people can walk on right? I had to create my own custom collision setup for that to work and its a pain, but it works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Komodoman View Post
    You can control the amount of fish that spawn via the fish manager

    Yep. I hope the fish AI becomes a part of the main branch that can be used or not that would make it great for everyone no worrying that youll fall behind everyone elses updates and viseversa.
    Last edited by Nsomnia; 03-18-2015 at 08:45 AM.
    Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

  33. #433
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nsomnia View Post
    Yep. I hope the fish AI becomes a part of the main branch that can be used or not that would make it great for everyone no worrying that youll fall behind everyone elses updates and viseversa.
    Don't see any problem with that. Just switch to master branch, pull, change branch and merge. Kaboom - you have an up-to-date code in your branch

  34. #434
    0
    Mythic

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,232
    It was only added last night guys!

    But yes it will be merged, going over the changes this morning and will push it to master shortly!

    The branches with "Dev" on the end will be for us working on new features before merging them back. Just makes it easier to test out new things.

    EDIT: Ok it has been merged now
    Last edited by DotCam; 03-18-2015 at 01:48 PM.

  35. #435
    0
    I've been following this thread for quite some time and wow, you guys are insane! (in a good way )
    Are there any changes to the skydome as well or is the same like before?

  36. #436
    0
    Mythic

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakraid View Post
    I've been following this thread for quite some time and wow, you guys are insane! (in a good way )
    Are there any changes to the skydome as well or is the same like before?
    It is pretty close to the way it was before currently, with some minor improvements. However since I have some extra help with the ocean I was thinking of giving it an overhaul, adding in some of the features listed on the Trello board. In order to fully implement the Beaufort scale it would be ideal to control both the weather and ocean, but I will keep them separate enough to be used on it's own for those who prefer one or the other.

    So expect some changes coming soon to the weather side of things soon!

  37. #437
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DotCam View Post
    It is pretty close to the way it was before currently, with some minor improvements. However since I have some extra help with the ocean I was thinking of giving it an overhaul, adding in some of the features listed on the Trello board. In order to fully implement the Beaufort scale it would be ideal to control both the weather and ocean, but I will keep them separate enough to be used on it's own for those who prefer one or the other.

    So expect some changes coming soon to the weather side of things soon!
    Thank you for the heads up! I'm really eager to see more ^^

  38. #438
    0
    SO excited for weather. You guys'll have this plugin better than anything in the video game world before I have time away from my project to help
    Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

  39. #439
    0
    Samaritan
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Komodoman View Post
    Hey guys,

    Fantastic news. My friend and I have been working on a branch off of DotCam's oceanDemo and we have implemented both caustics and fish AI!!!! Check it out on GitHub (The underwater dev branch). And screenshot below for proof.
    Nice work! You've been busy

  40. #440
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DIFTOW View Post
    Nice work! You've been busy
    Thanks,

    Hope you all enjoy!

    Komodo

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •