User Tag List

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,920 of 1951

Thread: [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader

Short Question

When im gonna Package my GAME

i get everytime an Error BECAUSE the OCEAN PLUGIN LIB; Cant be Opend, how i can Resolve it?

Had the same issue.

I did has Zoc says and its working:

Okay... Here we go, the super basic version tutorial:

1) Download and install this: https://desktop.github.com/

2) Open this page: https://github.com/TheZoc/OceanProject (this is my fork of the original project, with fixes that allows it to run in UE 4.14. I've already submitted a pull request - i.e.: update the main project with my changes)

3) Click on the "Clone or Download" green button, on the right

4) On the small pane that opens in Step 3, choose the option "Open in Desktop"

5) Clone it (aka: download it) using the GitHub Desktop application downloaded on step 1

6) Done, you have the latest project with UE4.14 fixes!

Quote Originally Posted by mike444 View Post
    tukor open in VS and comment the two lines that cause the crash and rebuild
    Ill try...is there a tuto for using the fish... or the boats? PLease

Not work on 4.15.preview 4, OceanPlugin Error

Infiltrator
    Packaging to Linux gives an error? I've installed the cross compile stuff.

Veteran
    Hey @TK-Master. Absolutely stunning work.

I have a couple of questions.

- Can I download this and use it with my project by crediting you ?
    - Is there a list of complete features and caveats somewhere ?
    - Is there an instruction list on how to usethis on different maps ?
    - Does this project use (have to use) LPV ?
    - I take it that this "ocean entity" also provides physical attributes uniformly (bouyancy, drift etc..)
    - Can I contribute any way ?

Thanks and keep up the great work.

EDIT: Recompiled and packaged with 4.15. Works without problems.
    Last edited by TAN_; 02-19-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Any update for 4.15? I need the Skydome but don't have 4.12 installed.
    Last edited by IndieCrusader; 02-19-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Does it take a long time for the plugin to be available in the market?

Infiltrator
    @ Omegahhh
    what about your waves? What are your intentions with that?
    @jonathan who needs a market version for what?

Hey DotCam great project. You really saved my school project with this. I have a simple noob question if you all don't mind: What if you want to record a short gameplay scene with sequence recorder in ocean storm map ? What is the best way to adjust the ocean waves according to ManOWar's movements ? For example when you drive the ship in the first time and record it; it always plays the same animation, but waves are not in the same position (changes dynamically). Do I have to add the ocean into the sequencer to make waves and ship's movement synchronized ? I'm guessing there is a simple way to do this (as for built-in solution) but i don't know any other way from sequence recorder. Any help greatly appreciated.

edit: i've solved my issue. If any of you encounter something like this, forget sequence recorder it does not help. try tweaking render options in sequencer.
    Last edited by finwefeanor; 02-28-2017 at 05:52 AM.

This is great and i thank you.

But this thing is killing my frame rate... From 200 to around 100......

Quote Originally Posted by tukor View Post

LOL yeah i lost at least 40-60 and im on a 64GB machine with 2x 1080GTX cards. Its super super heavy.
    I see a "lite version" in the drop-down for the ocean types, but, its all jacked up. wonder if that may resolve the FPS loss

Does anyone have a recompiled fork for4.15 that they are willing to share. I would greatly appreciate it. I thank you all in advance. Great Plugin BTW.

Infiltrator
    UPDATE: If you see the error below reset your settings to default, I must have set something that caused this to happen, I am still trying to figure out what but it went away after the reset.

I am getting a new error with packaged version in either 64 or 32 bit. See image included. I do not see the issue when I am running in the editor, none of the warnings seem to indicate any trouble. It could be my values for the ocean or terrain or the rocks causing this it is hard to fix because I only see it running packaged - noeditor. Any help would be great! This is only happening in 4.15.

You can see the part of the ocean is missing on one side of the island, the other side works fine as expected. The Ocean animates and as it does this the trouble animates along with it. Again any help great appreciated!
    Last edited by Vexar; 02-28-2017 at 09:38 PM.

Infiltrator
    Quote Originally Posted by tukor View Post

Yeah it is a total pig regarding memory and FPS it is why I think Epic should write a water system or buy this one and add it to the engine. This one has a lot of features but it is not finished or something I could use in a shipping product.

actually I think its by far the best water yet and as for performance considering all the features works well.

Does anyone here have version that works with ue 4.15? Please

So can anyone help recompile this plugin for 4.15 please, Anyone.

is this thread still alive?

@porckchop It's a slow-moving thread. I think a lot of us are awaiting TK-Master's FFT implementation, so there's not a whole lot of discussion. Have you tried compiling TheZoc's 4.14 repo in 4.15? What issues are you having?

@TK-Master, thank you for this project, I've gotten a lot of good use out of it so far. My biggest issue and really the only one I haven't been able to solve is the ocean surface clipping through the hulls of my ships.

I'm able to use the distance field opacity mask to mask out the approximate shape of my hulls:

But it's an imperfect solution. When the boat rolls on the waves clipping can occur, and sometimes it's impossible to correctly shape the mask to the hull. So a few questions:

1.) Is there a better way to generate the distance field required for the mask? Such as using the mesh distance fields that are generated for DFAO.

2.) Is there any way to use a mesh as the source for the mask, or some solution that doesn't involve distance fields?

3.) In the ocean material there is a non-functioning wave displacement section. If it was to function, would it solve the clipping issue?

4.) Will the interactive water heightfield in your upcoming FFT ocean be able to solve the clipping problem?

Also multiplying the opacity mask right at the end of the opacity pipeline seems to break the rest of the opacity settings, is there any way to fix that?

when I try to recompile I get an error saying it cant compile try thru source, im using ue4.15 the one downloaded from launcher not source, and I have visual studios 2013 and 2015. but nothing I cant even create a code project. That's why I was hoping if someone could kindly do me the favor. I really need this.

Infiltrator
    Quote Originally Posted by porckchop View Post
    when I try to recompile I get an error saying it cant compile try thru source, im using ue4.15 the one downloaded from launcher not source, and I have visual studios 2013 and 2015. but nothing I cant even create a code project. That's why I was hoping if someone could kindly do me the favor. I really need this.
    Hey porkchop it works with 4.15 you have to get Zoc's update to the 4.12 version, this newer version worked for me using 4.14, and 4.15. I am using 4.15 now and it compiles. Only difference between my version and the default updated version from Zoc is that I have removed all the content I am not using, like boats, and time of day additions. So go to github and download zoc's branched version.

-Vex

Please update the plugin to 4.15

Quote Originally Posted by Vexar View Post
    Hey porkchop it works with 4.15 you have to get Zoc's update to the 4.12 version, this newer version worked for me using 4.14, and 4.15. I am using 4.15 now and it compiles. Only difference between my version and the default updated version from Zoc is that I have removed all the content I am not using, like boats, and time of day additions. So go to github and download zoc's branched version.

-Vex
    Yep confirm this version works on 4.15. I get a couple of warning but nothing stopping it working.

Luminary

Has anyone got any experience with the networked side of this project?

Hey Vexar what error's are you getting? And Thanx for verifying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexar View Post
    why I think Epic should write a water system or buy this one and add it to the engine. This one has a lot of features but it is not finished or something I could use in a shipping product.
    Luckily, it's released under the MIT license. There's no need to buy.

Has OWS features to create similar styled waves/beach water?

How to get GDC 2017 Unreal Real styled Ocean Beach/Waves? See https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...568#post679568

This was done in unreal engine 4
    Last edited by jonathan light; 03-13-2017 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan light View Post

That looks amazing!

Look's great where can we get this lol

Wait, how did you do that for 4.15??

Quote Originally Posted by Nsomnia View Post
    Shaders to your engine shader directory maybe. Ensure you have an underwater post process volume set to bendable asset m underwater inst 2 and bp underwater exists in your scene and copy the logic to check if player camera is below water height from the project any level bp.
    I'm looking for this logic right now. It appears that the map doesn't have a blueprint, but it does have a header file. I was able to get the underwater postprocess working, but it is always on.

So the blue post process is working, but it is always on (even above water) when I set the material reference for my post process to M_Underwater_PP_Inst2. All the variables are being set properly except for the "underwater detection method" in the level blueprint (I checked with printstring nodes). The water distortion effects are not working (But the camera wet effect is).

Any ideas what my problem is?
    Last edited by twalk1776; 03-18-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Samaritan
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan light View Post

Alright look, can someone at Epic send me Ryan's mug or pat him on the head and take a hair or something? I require it for cloning purposes.

Could this not use a system similar to Assassin's Creed Black Flag where the ocean mesh is deformed by the ship hull? It would just be an extra lookup in the ocean shader, and probably could be done by just creating an orthographic camera and marking certain meshes as hulls and this ortho cam would snap to the closest grid cells, and wouldn't need to be super high res. Then you can just replace the wave vertex offsets with the depthmap you create from the hulls when there's actually a depth value somewhere.

I may consider doing some research into this myself, because for big ships it's going to be way more cost efficient and less prone to mishaps. Could simply make a "hull deform" mesh which is just the bottom part of the ship until it doesn't get any wider, and using some basic maths you can offset the ocean waves below the hull. Would be optimised enough I think, seen as it would only be needed on the closer ocean, and it would play well I think. Could also just make the renderpass use stencil stuff, actually, something I want to look into also because most games do it using a simple stencil test, and it works for the most part quite well if you threshold the clipmask with the depth buffer and some clamping.

Samaritan
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend286 View Post
    Could this not use a system similar to Assassin's Creed Black Flag where the ocean mesh is deformed by the ship hull? It would just be an extra lookup in the ocean shader, and probably could be done by just creating an orthographic camera and marking certain meshes as hulls and this ortho cam would snap to the closest grid cells, and wouldn't need to be super high res. Then you can just replace the wave vertex offsets with the depthmap you create from the hulls when there's actually a depth value somewhere.

I may consider doing some research into this myself, because for big ships it's going to be way more cost efficient and less prone to mishaps. Could simply make a "hull deform" mesh which is just the bottom part of the ship until it doesn't get any wider, and using some basic maths you can offset the ocean waves below the hull. Would be optimised enough I think, seen as it would only be needed on the closer ocean, and it would play well I think. Could also just make the renderpass use stencil stuff, actually, something I want to look into also because most games do it using a simple stencil test, and it works for the most part quite well if you threshold the clipmask with the depth buffer and some clamping.
    Couldn't this be achieved by using distance fields?

Quote Originally Posted by Legend286 View Post

I've been looking into the stencil route, and unfortunately it seems like the underwater post-processing monopolizes the stencil channels. Any "CustomDepth Stencil Value" over 0 (the channel that's being used for the non-ocean side) will cause the underwater PP to be displayed on your mesh. You'd have to come up with a different technique for the underwater PP, and the one being used in the project seems to be the least expensive way of doing it.

As a side-effect of this I've found if you turn on custom depth in a mesh's rendering options, set the stencil value to 0, and turn off "render in main pass", you turn the mesh into a sort of "lens" that doesn't render the ocean or underwater PP if you're looking through it. This works really well for small boats, where the camera is typically above the hull. What I'd really like to do is figure out how to invert the effect, I'm not sure if it's possible, but then I'm very new to shaders and rendering.

If you do come up with a method to deform the ocean mesh I'm sure a lot of us would be very interested, so please post back here if you get it working.

Is there any news on the marketplace release of this? I'm on the 3rd project now in that last 2 months that really needs/needed a decent ocean shader. I would gladly pay $100+ for a production friendly solution, because the problems with the community version require considerably higher tech art skills than what I have.
    Last edited by Fisher007; 03-26-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Infiltrator
    you could use the unreal example ocean in tutorials.

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast