Eye Adaptation and Screen-Space Reflections not working on my computer.

I posted a question in the Answer Hub with no responses, so I figured I would try here. I built a very bright scene with strong use of Auto Exposure on my home computer and transferred the project to my work computer. Over here, the Eye Adaptation and Screen Space Reflections don’t work at all, and I discovered that this is the case with all the scenes in my library, like the Architectural and Couch Knights scenes. I had made an .exe Windows build of my scene from home and that plays just perfectly on this computer, so my hardware shouldn’t be the issue, right? I’m really confused. In the Post-Process volume, I can tweak the min and max brightness with no effect, but the Exposure Bias slider actually does something. What is up?

Hi StephaBon,

From your description that your baked .exe version is working with no issues leads me to believe that the Engine Scalability needs to be adjusted in the editor.

Can you take a look at this and confirm that it’s on something other than low or medium as this will disable a lot of the engines effects.

Let me know how it goes and if this resolves the issue! :slight_smile:

Tim

That was it! Thanks! This computer has a slightly older graphics card than the one at home, so I guess Unreal tried to automatically adjust those settings to be lower. I had never seen that scalability menu before, so it didn’t even cross my mind. Thanks for showing me.

No problem! Originally this needed to be manually tweaked but with the 4.4.0 release this was changed to an auto adjust based on computer specs and the FPS. Glad you’ve got this fixed though! :slight_smile:

Tim