Trying to create a reusable first person "sit" blueprint

I’m having trouble figure out how to make this work. (i’m open to blueprint/c++ or combination)

I want to have a generic blueprint that has a trigger box and a vector variable defining a sitting eye/camera position" as in this image.

It’s desired outcome is to transition the players perspective from a standing to sitting position when he overlaps a “chair” blueprint.

This blueprint would go around furniture props that have no collision. (The vector variable allows different “sitting eye positions”. A high bar stool vs a small chair for example.)

When the player overlapbegins the blueprint trigger box their camera component should VInterpTo to the blueprints “sitting eye position” (over 500ms or so). When they overlap end it the camera component should vinterpto it’s normal standing position within the character blueprint.

Any ideas on how to implement this?

One thing that has me a bit stumped is that a default character blueprint (which doesn’t not have an explicit camera component) seems to have an implied or gametime created camera component. Is my understanding correct? If so is there a way to get access to this implied camera component so that I could use “set world location” on it?

Thanks!

Actors do have a ‘default camera position’ when they are the ‘viewtarget’, but as soon as you add a Camera Component, it will use that instead. I always add a Camera Component, because it makes things easier to work with!

Thanks JamesG. I thought I would post what I ended up with here in case it is useful to others.

I created a custom character blueprint, added a camera to it, set it’s height to an appropriate standing eye height (z=88). I also unchecked “Use Controller Rotation Yaw”.
Finally I added a variable “Original Camera Position” which I set to the cameras position in the construction script.

The “sit blueprint” contains a Scene “root” with a slim but tall collision box and “sitting eye position” vector variable that can be moved in the editor. I use a 2 second timeline with no curves combined with VInterpTo to make the camera movement a smooth transition between standing and sitting.

I position the “sit blueprint” right in front of any chair I want my character to be able to sit in. Basically the position your feet would be in before you sat in the chair. Then I adjust the sitting eye position vector variable to an appropriate position.

During gameplay when the player stands in right in front of the chair the camera smoothly transitions from the standing eye position to the sitting eye position. The reverse happens when you move your character away from the chair.

http://i.imgur.com/l4AlDYXl.png

http://i.imgur.com/5g44QbJl.png

Since this turned into an all blueprint solution someone might want to move this post to a blueprint forum.

Could you upload that blueprint so that I could use it in my project? I