Rifle Animset Pro

Hi!

Here’s the next one after Movement Animset Pro. Over 130 mocaps of a character with rifle - processed, cut and game ready. I just submitted.

Next - cover system animations, Gears style - it’s Unreal Engine after all :wink:

Cheers,
Jakub

Fantastic will vote and buy!

One note though, I don’t think I can throw a grenade very far with my left hand :stuck_out_tongue:

Really good stuff

Can’t wait! :slight_smile:

And how fast is your health regenartion? :wink:

It generates pretty fast for being 29, not like it used to when i was 18 but still not bad. I only wish my bank account will regenerate so i can buy all your packs. Cover system next! Im excited to see the details.

I see a hole forming in my wallet. :smiley:

Any plans for off the ground stuff?

Wall climbs, wall jumps, ledge climbing, rope, ladder

Im interested too in foot chases, fence hopping, wall climbing etc. I better cut up my credit card before releases any more packs.

cover, cover shoot, and leaning animations would be great.

I’m glad i have a day job, i’ll be purchasing as soon as it appears in the marketplace along with the other one :slight_smile:

This was actually on my next thing to buy list, for unity. Is there any buying the unity one, or this UE4 one will give you access to both? If not will you offer a cheap upgrade if you already own one to have it for both engines (Unity3d and UE4)?

It all depends on Epic. Marketplace is their store, not mine, I don’t make the rules. If they will allow discounts or support discount codes, then sure. BUT… the animations you already have from Unity WILL WORK in Unreal. They just have a different skeleton (standard Motionbuilder skeleton). Skin your character to it and there you go.

I guess 50% of assets sold here, will be assets you already bought on Unity Asset Store, so this will be a very common case.

You can always sell your assets through a 3rd party resource as well as the Marketplace. For example, selling the UE project files on Gumroad or Selz. Nothing limits you from selling on both the marketplace and a private storefront. I prefer to have my own storefront because when a user purchases the files, I get 100% of the income and I can provide discounts and promotions when I want, and update or add files with ease. Also I can send people who buy my stuff free things when I feel nice! Judging by the feedback you could pack your project files into a .zip and put it on Gumroad and start selling them without waiting for the Marketplace.

Yeah I was thinking that also, that could sell his assets on his own website also + unity3d asset store + unreal marketplace.

Hey,

When will I be able to buy this and how much will it cost?

When - depends on your votes on Trello board.
Price will be around $60.

Went ahead and added my vote for this, can always use more animations. Keep it up! :wink:

You have my vote! :slight_smile:

Can you clarify the process of converting the Unity animations for Unreal… Unreal characters use the standard MotionBuilder skeleton, or Unity?

Sure. First I’ll explain what is what:

First of all, don’t think of it as “Unreal animations” or “Unity animations”. UE4 animations will work in Unity and Unity’s animations will work in UE4. Both engines can use whatever skeleton you want. Epic wants everybody to use THEIR skeleton, not because other skeletons will not work, but because it will help all animations in the Marketplace to be cosistant. If everybody use the same skeleton, that means that you can safely buy from different animators, and it will “just work”.

Next thing - Unreal uses their own skeleton, Motionbuilder and Maya use HumanIK skeleton and Unity uses literally everything that resembles a humanoid. In Unity version of this package I used HumanIK skeleton. In UE4 version of the package I used UE4 skeleton.

So, if you already have some animations (let’s say, you bought my pack through Unity Store), and those animations don’t use UE4 skeleton, you have 3 choices:

1. Open Maya or Motionbuilder and manually retarget those 130 animations to Unreal skeleton
  2. Buy the package once again in Unreal Marketplace and think of it, like as if you paid me to retarget it for you (this is exactly what I did)
  3. Just skin your character to the skeleton that came with the Unity animation pack and use the animations without any retargeting - and this would be the fastest method. Also the HIK skeleton I used, is built into every Autodesk software, so you can rig it with 2 clicks, without using Epic’s animation tools.