User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Body IK Setup

Promoter
    The licensing terms this plugins is released under prohibits distribution of the plugin in an unpackaged form. So unfortunately, distribution with an open source project would not work. Sorry about that... But thank you for your interest !

Samaritan
    Quote Originally Posted by darkZ View Post
    The licensing terms this plugins is released under prohibits distribution of the plugin in an unpackaged form. So unfortunately, distribution with an open source project would not work. Sorry about that... But thank you for your interest !
    Hm... Maybe it is somehow possible to create plugin binary which works only one project. What do you think?

In such case I could give compiled plugin to modders.
    Last edited by nkey; 12-06-2015 at 06:18 PM.

cool stuff.
    My small game on IndieDB ****** Beams on Twitter ****** Beams on Steam ****** VideoStuff ****** PictureStuff
    UE brings Math back into my life or i am not sure.

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by nkey View Post
    Hm... Maybe it is somehow possible to create plugin binary which works only one project. What do you think?

In such case I could give compiled plugin to modders.
    It might be possible but I will have to look into the details of how that would work. If at some point I enable this functionality I will post here for sure.

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftbauch View Post
    cool stuff.
    Thank you Luftbauch !

It might be possible but I will have to look into the details of how that would work. If at some point I enable this functionality I will post here for sure.
    Awesome stuff! I have so many crazy ideas to try out using this

Regarding modding and etc. maybe it's possible to compile it as a part of the UE4 editor. In general if you want your game to be moddable using UE4 editor, you need to provide all you game classes as already compiled for specific version of UE4. I thought that ARK devs did it like that. You could add your code but something like main menu and etc is hard coded and can't be changed from such custom UE4 editor.

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredEngineer View Post
    Awesome stuff! I have so many crazy ideas to try out using this

Regarding modding and etc. maybe it's possible to compile it as a part of the UE4 editor. In general if you want your game to be moddable using UE4 editor, you need to provide all you game classes as already compiled for specific version of UE4. I thought that ARK devs did it like that. You could add your code but something like main menu and etc is hard coded and can't be changed from such custom UE4 editor.
    Yes, perhaps that might be the way to go. However, I am currently focusing on the core functionality and general usability of the plugin. Hence releasing it for a moddable project is a bit on the lower priority right now. However, I will try to get to it after I have exhausted the current priority queue.

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredEngineer View Post
    Do you still accept new beta clients?
    Yes I am. If you are solo developer or a team of two then you can purchase the Indie Small Team license for USD 99.99. You can email me at : contact@anomotion.com for more details.

Also, please note that a major update is coming very soon. I was just in the process of generating a new sneak peek gif/video for the same.

Please do note that this is a binary release only, currently compiled for UE 4.10.0 and Windows.
    Last edited by darkZ; 03-28-2017 at 12:05 PM.

Promoter
    I have been working on introducing support for quadrupeds.

Also, multiple actors can be easily dropped into the scene. You can then pick the effectors associated with each actor.

There are just some more refinements left and then build 0.3a will be released to all existing customers for further testing.

Best,
    darkZ

Will add something like AimIK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT8fViZpLmQ

?
    https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by iniside View Post
    Will add something like AimIK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT8fViZpLmQ

?
    Yes AimIK is pretty high up on the list. I will start working on it as soon as I release 0.3a.

On another note, someone asked me if we can do proper foot placements with this for Bipeds and Quadrupeds. To this I should say that it is a work in progress, but ...

Best,
    darkZ
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by darkZ; 12-07-2015 at 08:37 PM.

Hehehehe

Btw, it work me with physics, right? In a sense that you could strap some busters to arms aka ironman and they would pull arms?

Samaritan
    Yes AimIK is pretty high up on the list. I will start working on it as soon as I release 0.3a.

On another note, someone asked me if we can do proper foot placements with this for Bipeds and Quadrupeds. To this I should say that it is a work in progress, but ...

Best,
    darkZ

My Playground - Destructible Building System - Procedural Mesh Landscape Editor - Procedural Animation - WIP (OpenSource)

Luminary
    Got a question - How well does this solve on uneven surfaces such as stairs, rubble, etc.?

Just thought I would ask as I plan to have allot of uneven surfaces in my game both hand crafted and user made via Destruction.

- HeadClot

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by Minaosis View Post

That's exactly what I was going for haha. Now I realize I should have had the hands folded. Once I finish implementing various features I hope to make a bunch of videos showcasing what can be done with the plugin and also having some fun !

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadClot View Post
    Got a question - How well does this solve on uneven surfaces such as stairs, rubble, etc.?

Just thought I would ask as I plan to have allot of uneven surfaces in my game both hand crafted and user made via Destruction.

- HeadClot
    Yes it should work, but currently the setting up of traces for detection of where the target for the feet has to go has been left for the user of the plugin. This is one of the things bound to change with 0.4a, but not with 0.3a which is the next build in line, just FYI. In 0.4a there will be an easy way to hopefully just "enable" such behavior without going through the trouble of setting up all the ancillary stuff.

Promoter
    Doing some more testing before 0.3 release

Promoter
    Version 0.3a is now live. All existing customers have been emailed a link to download the 4.10.1 build for windows.

Please find a quick start tutorial below. A more detailed walk through of setting various parameters for a non-standard skeleton is in the works and will be up in a bit.

If you are an existing customer and have not received a download link please email contact@anomotion.com and I will make sure you get the download link ASAP.
    Last edited by darkZ; 03-28-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Promoter
    Based on feedback, a preview version is now available for existing or new customers to test in case they are interested. Please email contact@anomotion.com for further details.

Changelog v0.3.1 Alpha Preview
    -------------------------------

- Moved the functionality from BIKActor to a BIK Component. This component can be added to the actor you want to control using BIK. Inside BIK component, the desired skeletal mesh and the corresponding animation blueprint must be specified.
    - Removed the need to use BIKAnimInstance. Now this AnimInstance is just used for debugging purposes. For actual game usage any AnimInstance class can be used.
    - Added support to blend weight between rig pose and input animation for each chain via BIK AnimNode. This is useful for cases when the input animation has a type of motion which is not compatible with the desired end effector transforms which can cause unnecessary motion in the chains.

is that similar to IKinema? I found this http://www.ikinema.com/index.php?mod=indie_games, has anyone used it?

Promoter
    Along with the current full body IK system which might be similar to other offerings, there's also a plan to release a smart procedural task-aware locomotion system as a part of this plugin which is a product of ongoing research.

As a user, you would just specify a sequence of task for your character to perform by specifying their locations and categories. The system would then generate a plan of footstep patterns to execute the required set of tasks. The system is aware of the differences observed in footstep strategies while switching between closely lying tasks as opposed to tasks which are situated far away.

Also, there is an inherent notion of substepping i.e. heel pivots, toe pivots, foot slides, foot shuffles etc. These substeps are all recreated while generating the desired foot step plan. This results in exceptional realism as opposed to the unrealistic animation behaviors that are often seen in NPCs especially.

You can also specify a notion of how "hard" a task is, and then you can start seeing some co-articulation behavior for easy tasks where the character just "leans in" to do easier tasks if it is required to perform a next task which is in the opposite direction and so on.

This is where this plugin will shine as the ease of creation of locomotion behaviors will be unparalleled for a lot of scenarios. This can be applied to a variety of scenarios in various game types including NPC behaviors for a variety of game types, main player behavior in sims etc.

Here's a prototype running in Unreal Engine :

Best,
    darkZ

@darkZ - that's amazing man, awesome!

BTW I sent you an email about purchasing the plugin
    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by n00854180t View Post
    @darkZ - that's amazing man, awesome!

BTW I sent you an email about purchasing the plugin
    Thanks for your kind words !

I am sorry to have missed your email. It somehow went to my spam folder. I have replied now.

@darkZ - Got the plugin installed and set up (the new 0.32 version). Thank you for the fast turnaround

One problem I'm having is that the effector seems to be getting a weird location to the plugin internally such that it's offset about 200CM +Z and the effector's X/Y axes are swapped and inverted, so you have to move it in X to make the character's limbs IK in the Y direction and vice versa.
    Last edited by n00854180t; 12-23-2015 at 06:26 AM.

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

This looks amazing again +1 for AimIK.

Promoter
    @darkZ - Got the plugin installed and set up (the new 0.32 version). Thank you for the fast turnaround

One problem I'm having is that the effector seems to be getting a weird location to the plugin internally such that it's offset about 200CM +Z and the effector's X/Y axes are swapped and inverted, so you have to move it in X to make the character's limbs IK in the Y direction and vice versa.
    Thank you.

Also, this is interesting and shouldn't be happening. Would it possible to share your setup by email so that I can investigate ?

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by David.Kolosowski View Post
    This looks amazing again +1 for AimIK.
    Thank you ! AimIK is next on the list as soon as I finish working on collisions for VR controlled end effectors and a new trignometric solver.

Thank you.

Also, this is interesting and shouldn't be happening. Would it possible to share your setup by email so that I can investigate ?
    Sure thing, I'll get something set up to send you here soon.

I think it might be because the BIK component in my Blueprint class has a transform - rotation and location, and is not the root component (can't really set it up that way without refactoring lots of stuff).

Promoter
    Sure thing, I'll get something set up to send you here soon.

I think it might be because the BIK component in my Blueprint class has a transform - rotation and location, and is not the root component (can't really set it up that way without refactoring lots of stuff).
    Ah I see. That might be the reason then. Once I take a look at your setup I will add functionality to handle such a setup in the next minor release. I can send an early build to you first if that helps.

Ah I see. That might be the reason then. Once I take a look at your setup I will add functionality to handle such a setup in the next minor release. I can send an early build to you first if that helps.

Sweet, I sent an email with a link to a test project with my setup in it.

As a request, I'd also love to see a component version of the Effector class so I can more easily attach one to the Motion Controller component directly in my player and have it follow that way rather than have to set the position to the motion controller component's position manually.

Luminary
    How much does this system cost during the early access phase?

Is there a roadmap where I can see what is next and what is coming?

Lastly - Would it be possible to put this up on Gumroad or Sellify?

@darkZ - From my testing I think you'd run into the problem I found any time using the BIK component with a Character blueprint. If I zero out the transform on the component, IK works normally but the character unfortunately is then floating in the air. Seems like you might be able to just inverse the BIK component transform somewhere in there to counteract that.

Promoter
    @darkZ - From my testing I think you'd run into the problem I found any time using the BIK component with a Character blueprint. If I zero out the transform on the component, IK works normally but the character unfortunately is then floating in the air. Seems like you might be able to just inverse the BIK component transform somewhere in there to counteract that.
    Hi n00854180t,

I will work on this right after Christmas break, I think this sounds like an easy fix to me. Thanks for sending the scene, I have downloaded it. I will hopefully get some time during the break, but if not you should see a fix right after it. Sorry about the bad timing !

Best,
    darkZ

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadClot View Post
    How much does this system cost during the early access phase?

Is there a roadmap where I can see what is next and what is coming?

Lastly - Would it be possible to put this up on Gumroad or Sellify?
    Hi HeadClot,

The discounted early access licenses are unfortunately all sold out. If you are a small team with revenue less than 80,000 USD then you can buy the plugin for USD 99.99. You can email contact@anomotion.com for more details.

I am very close to having the studio website up. The roadmap and the plugin store will be set up there for your convenience. Sorry about the emailing procedure for now, but we are trying to make our processes smoother.

Best,
    darkZ

Hi n00854180t,

I will work on this right after Christmas break, I think this sounds like an easy fix to me. Thanks for sending the scene, I have downloaded it. I will hopefully get some time during the break, but if not you should see a fix right after it. Sorry about the bad timing !

Best,
    darkZ
    Sounds good, thanks!

Is there somewhere I can modify the Effector's transform before it gets picked up by the BIK node? I suspect just multiplying its transform by the inverse transform on the component will do the trick. If not I'll just wait, but I figured I'd ask in case I can just work around it that way. Thanks!

Here's a prototype running in Unreal Engine :

Best,
    darkZ
    This simply existing is a dream come true, I saw a presentation on such a system from siggraph, I never imagined that it would be potentially available at some point in the future.

Onto the current base IK system, I have many questions on how this can/should be used (as in use-case workflows, like setting up a player character to react to uneven ground, or how to direct a characters aiming using effectors, and object interactions such as handles or ledges, what would the user have to do to build these kinds of set-ups? etc).

I hope such questions are not beyond the scope of this thread.
    Last edited by Aumaan Anubis; 12-25-2015 at 04:21 PM.

The plugin looks great!
    I have several questions if you don't mind:
    1. Can it be used 100% realtime for npc/player movement.
    2. If it supports realtime calculation, how many actors are able to use that system (1-200)?
    3. What about pricing?
    4. Any plans for C++ only version?

Promoter
    Sounds good, thanks!

Is there somewhere I can modify the Effector's transform before it gets picked up by the BIK node? I suspect just multiplying its transform by the inverse transform on the component will do the trick. If not I'll just wait, but I figured I'd ask in case I can just work around it that way. Thanks!
    Just as a note, this has been fixed a few days ago as of now. The link to the fixed version has been emailed.

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by Aumaan Anubis View Post
    This simply existing is a dream come true, I saw a presentation on such a system from siggraph, I never imagined that it would be potentially available at some point in the future.

Onto the current base IK system, I have many questions on how this can/should be used (as in use-case workflows, like setting up a player character to react to uneven ground, or how to direct a characters aiming using effectors, and object interactions such as handles or ledges, what would the user have to do to build these kinds of set-ups? etc).

I hope such questions are not beyond the scope of this thread.
    This is actually from very current research which is yet to be published. So watch out for more news on this.

As for your questions, all of these are very much within the scope of this plugin and the thread. I am currently working on a system which uses the BIK solver for walking on uneven ground and for handling collision of hands with walls etc when controlled by VR controllers.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast