User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Full Body IK Setup

Promoter
    Thanks ! Glad you like it

Here's a quick update to the quadruped support I have been working on.

Best,
    darkZ

Quote Originally Posted by darkZ View Post

darkZ

Very nice!

One point. Shouldn't the hips rotate to accommodate elevation/declension of the shoulders? Doesn't seem that a deer's spine should be capable of that sort of movement.

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhynedahll View Post
    Very nice!

One point. Shouldn't the hips rotate to accommodate elevation/declension of the shoulders? Doesn't seem that a deer's spine should be capable of that sort of movement.
    Good eye. Hip rotation is on the roadmap for a near future version of the plugin.

Good eye. Hip rotation is on the roadmap for a near future version of the plugin.
    Would that also apply to humanoid pelvis too? Because they would need this aswell

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by Aumaan Anubis View Post
    Would that also apply to humanoid pelvis too? Because they would need this aswell
    Yes it should but we will have to see how things work out and what kind of feedback I receive for the bipeds once 0.7 is released.

Samaritan

Best,
    darkZ
    Nice Please share setup with plugin (looks like it is model from Kite Demo).

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by nkey View Post
    Nice Please share setup with plugin (looks like it is model from Kite Demo).
    I definitely want to share the setup, however I will need to spin out my own quadruped model first. I don't have the rights to redistribute this model from the kite demo unfortunately unless I just provide the BP and ask the end user to attach the model themselves, but that seems painful

I definitely want to share the setup, however I will need to spin out my own quadruped model first. I don't have the rights to redistribute this model from the kite demo unfortunately unless I just provide the BP and ask the end user to attach the model themselves, but that seems painful
    I would love a scifi quadraped that resembled the biped you have XD

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by Aumaan Anubis View Post
    I would love a scifi quadraped that resembled the biped you have XD
    I will see what I can come up with, no promises though It might help to push out the release a bit faster if I just make a simple low poly character to begin with, but sci-fi quadruped sounds like a great idea too.

I will see what I can come up with, no promises though It might help to push out the release a bit faster if I just make a simple low poly character to begin with, but sci-fi quadruped sounds like a great idea too.
    A low poly quadraped works too, the scifi one is not necessary considering that the functionality of the system is what people are really investing in anyway

Hi .I love it.How to get the plug?

Infiltrator
    Hello all,

I am in the middle of working on some API changes which is moving towards providing integration source code to you all so that you can build your own plugins.
    How do I build for 4.15? Can I use v0.7.0 and build UE4 from source?

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by RayRayJnr View Post
    How do I build for 4.15? Can I use v0.7.0 and build UE4 from source?
    Hi RayRayJnr,

I have now sent a 4.15 download link for 0.7.0 to all existing customers. You can reply to my email if you have any issues with the build.

Many thanks.

Best,
    darkZ

Promoter
    For all those who might be wondering what were we upto for GDC, here's a trailer of "From Other Suns" a game by GunFire Games, an Oculus Studio. They use the VR IK solver from our BIK plugin.

Last edited by darkZ; 02-28-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Promoter
    Congrats, glad to see it's a multiplayer game to boot which means replication support. Though after watching the trailer I was surprised to see floating hands in first person instead of a full body implementation.

Very nice.

Promoter
    Another feature currently being worked on for the 0.7 release is full transform control of the head effector. You can control the weight of how much the shoulder and the pelvis move through the head effector.
    This really demonstrates the behaviors you can get when using a Full Body IK Solver.

Best,
    darkZ
    Last edited by darkZ; 03-13-2017 at 06:10 PM.

I haven't received any updates.

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by Whammy View Post
    I haven't received any updates.
    Can you email me at contact@anomotion.com so that I can make sure that you are in the update list ? I apologize if you were inadvertently missed.

Best,
    darkZ

Promoter
    Hi all,

A VR controller which works out of the box is being developed for release in 0.7.1

Best,
    darkZ

That's awesome @darkZ! Can't wait to try this out.
    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by n00854180t View Post
    That's awesome @darkZ! Can't wait to try this out.
    Thanks !

Working an actor calibration next.

Best,
    darkZ

Promoter
    Making a Giant Simulator ? We've got you covered. Actor calibration work in progress due for next release.

Best,
    darkZ

For those on the fence, I can say that darkZ's Full Body IK plugin is amazing: stable IK, easy to set up, VR support out of the box.

I just tried the VR full body IK and it gives you a sense of presence that floating hands simply can't compare to.

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Supporter
    Hello is it possible to pin body parts ? for example knees, feet, arms and elbows ? Also do you have a roadmap for this plugin ? I wouldn't like to invest in something which might not exist in 6 months. Looks great so far though.

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by bcv View Post
    Hello is it possible to pin body parts ? for example knees, feet, arms and elbows ? Also do you have a roadmap for this plugin ? I wouldn't like to invest in something which might not exist in 6 months. Looks great so far though.
    Hello there,

It is possible to pin feet and hands. Our roadmap is here : https://trello.com/b/BakjLgzo/roadmap

Best,
    darkz

Promoter
    Working on supplying quadruped examples for the upcoming 0.7.1 release.

Best,
    darkZ

Awesome!!

What about Full body IK for VR using Vive Trackers for feet?? it works?

Regards

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by n00854180t View Post
    For those on the fence, I can say that darkZ's Full Body IK plugin is amazing: stable IK, easy to set up, VR support out of the box.

I just tried the VR full body IK and it gives you a sense of presence that floating hands simply can't compare to.
    Thanks n00854180t ! Glad you like it !

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanc View Post
    Awesome!!

What about Full body IK for VR using Vive Trackers for feet?? it works?

Regards
    It should work in principle but I don't have access to Vive Trackers yet unfortunately to test.
    Last edited by darkZ; 04-20-2017 at 09:14 PM.

I'd also back up that up. I licensed this a while back and am happy with it.

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by J.C. Smith View Post
    I'd also back up that up. I licensed this a while back and am happy with it.
    Glad to hear you are liking it. We will continue to deliver improvements.

Up-to-date release and very quick response for query, great work!

where and how can I buy this?

Quote Originally Posted by AngeIV View Post
    where and how can I buy this?
    http://www.anomotion.com/

The email at the bottom of the page is the one to use to contact @darkZ - and I believe he'll send you an invoice on PayPal or whatnot.

Why on god this is not on the marketplace?

I wanted to share my experience with BIK plugin, and i'll go straight to the point: this is fantastic.
    BIK is the definition of simple to setup, and the results are stellar.

I'm making a true first person game, which wasn't even planned to be VR compatible but which now could be thanks to BIK, and was confronted to issues that required animations so perfectly setup that they required the use of IK solvers.

I've used AllrightRig for a while, love it but it's seriously rough around the edges and isn't meant for the in-game, runtime usage as BIK.

With BIK, you can reach production quality setup in a matter of minutes.
    You barely have to drop 2 nodes at the end of your Animation blueprint, add a couple components in your main character blueprint, create a collision channel for IK collisions and you're done.
    No code, no hard setup, this is as simple as that.

You want IK support for your character? Add BIK component to your character blueprint, out of the box you get replicated foot IK.
    You want to control the left hand with IK? Add an 'effector' component, select left hand joint, done.

You can even add a specific head effector which will adjust the body and orientation of your character to fit your desired head orientation and position.

The one thing i also appreciate is that, not only is it fast to setup, but if you wanna go the extra mile and fine-tune everything a bit further, you also can.
    You can add poles for instance to djust the dynamic behaviour of some deformations etc...

I barely bought the plugin 2 days ago and i'm shocked there isn't more traction about this product on the forum. I felt compelled to share my highly positive experience with the product so far.
    This is truly incredible and can bring the fidelity of any game out there to the next level, i know it did for me.

I assume it would be even more true if you're developing for VR, where this product should truly shine.

If you've any question, i'm up to setup some demos etc...
    I can't state how grateful i am to add this product to my game.
    Last edited by Maxime.Dupart; 05-03-2017 at 10:20 PM.
    LinkedIn | Nvidia GameWorks builds | 4.15.3 : Flex - HairWorks(MorphTarget support) - Volumetric Lightning - Flow - Here
    | 4.14.3 : VXGI - Flex - HairWorks - Here.

Hey!,

Im here for an Feedback.

I got it Yesterday, and i wasn't Sure about it because its Early Access, but i Like it Really, its Easy to Set Up without Problems.
    the Ik Looks Good, u can Customize a LOT, and i dont got Bugs so far.. so i Like it Really, it was Worth every Penny!

When your not Sure about it, believe me its WORTH it.

Its Really Awesome, Good JOB!

KS

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxime.Dupart View Post
    I wanted to share my experience with BIK plugin, and i'll go straight to the point: this is fantastic.
    BIK is the definition of simple to setup, and the results are stellar.

I'm making a true first person game, which wasn't even planned to be VR compatible but which now could be thanks to BIK, and was confronted to issues that required animations so perfectly setup that they required the use of IK solvers.

I've used AllrightRig for a while, love it but it's seriously rough around the edges and isn't meant for the in-game, runtime usage as BIK.

With BIK, you can reach production quality setup in a matter of minutes.
    You barely have to drop 2 nodes at the end of your Animation blueprint, add a couple components in your main character blueprint, create a collision channel for IK collisions and you're done.
    No code, no hard setup, this is as simple as that.

You want IK support for your character? Add BIK component to your character blueprint, out of the box you get replicated foot IK.
    You want to control the left hand with IK? Add an 'effector' component, select left hand joint, done.

You can even add a specific head effector which will adjust the body and orientation of your character to fit your desired head orientation and position.

The one thing i also appreciate is that, not only is it fast to setup, but if you wanna go the extra mile and fine-tune everything a bit further, you also can.
    You can add poles for instance to djust the dynamic behaviour of some deformations etc...

I barely bought the plugin 2 days ago and i'm shocked there isn't more traction about this product on the forum. I felt compelled to share my highly positive experience with the product so far.
    This is truly incredible and can bring the fidelity of any game out there to the next level, i know it did for me.

I assume it would be even more true if you're developing for VR, where this product should truly shine.

If you've any question, i'm up to setup some demos etc...
    I can't state how grateful i am to add this product to my game.
    Thank you for the glowing review !

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by KuroSekaie View Post
    Hey!,

Im here for an Feedback.

I got it Yesterday, and i wasn't Sure about it because its Early Access, but i Like it Really, its Easy to Set Up without Problems.
    the Ik Looks Good, u can Customize a LOT, and i dont got Bugs so far.. so i Like it Really, it was Worth every Penny!

When your not Sure about it, believe me its WORTH it.

Its Really Awesome, Good JOB!

KS
    Thank you KuroSekai! Glad that it is working out.

Best,
    darkZ

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast