User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's chat in IRC @ freenode #unrealengine

Let's chat in IRC @ freenode #unrealengine

Come on guys! Let's chat!

Those that do not have an IRC client can access the channel using the webchat.

Click here to access the webchat
    Last edited by nkr; 03-24-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nkr View Post
    Come on guys! Let's chat!
    We do still have a #UDKC on Gamesurge server with a few people in there that will help with support for UDK and UE4 for new people.

Yea but some people prefer freenode, so thats a alternative for them.

Just a bump to remind people that these channels exist, and are active, #UDKC has 23 people in it right now, and #unrealengine has 23

Luminary

#UDKC on GameSurge has been the go to developer community for Unreal on IRC for a few years now - four or five.

Let me join in as well then.

#unrealed Irc.quakenet.org. ~30 people about. Has been up and running for 16 years since almost the beginning (bar the first channel before that, I forgot which network it was on).

Supporter
    will the real IRC channel please stand up? I'm in all 3.

There are channels on 3 different networks, don't you think it'd be a good idea to unify?

Luminary

Quote Originally Posted by Hourences View Post
    Let me join in as well then.

#unrealed Irc.quakenet.org. ~30 people about. Has been up and running for 16 years since almost the beginning (bar the first channel before that, I forgot which network it was on).
    I was under the impression that channel died a death years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by MMavipc View Post
    There are channels on 3 different networks, don't you think it'd be a good idea to unify?
    People usally prefer to have everything in one IRC network so it might be difficult.

People usually have network preferences yes. Freenode is a good one for programmers, thats why Im mostly on it.

Discussions have been great on the channel!
    Last edited by nkr; 03-21-2014 at 11:20 PM.

Hero of the Peole

Channel is purdy good.

And it's getting bigger and bigger guys!

Join in! Some really good people have been helping out newbies.

Infiltrator
    Today we got a lot of help from veterans at #unrealengine (freenode).

Epic|J3rky also was here hearing us.

Thanks a lot for the help and support.

Those that do not have an IRC client can access the channel using the webchat.

Click here to access the webchat

Guys there's always someone from Epic on chat helping us out.

Epic is simply awesome!

I concur, I had lots of help when my visual studio hated me

Quote Originally Posted by toxicFork View Post
    I concur, I had lots of help when my visual studio hated me
    Yep and theres more people joining in IRC everyday! Its just getting better and better!

Current topic: good old classic games! Just recieved news that commander keen was on steam :O great place for EPIC news.

Im releasing new bot functionality. So people will now be able to search the wiki from within the channel!

Hello guys!

Our bot is now online !!

Anyone can search https://docs.unrealengine.com from within the channel using the following commands:

!docs term -> searches the whole documentation
    !wiki term -> searches within the wiki only
    !documentation term -> searches within the website documentation only
    !forums term -> searches within the forums only
    !answers term -> searches within answers only
    !api term -> searches within the API documentation only

I appreciate any suggestions/criticism!
    Come joins us in IRC! We always have great discussions and awesome help from really experienced UE devs. There's always people from Epic in chat helping out, thats how awesome they are! We are on #unrealengine @ freenode.org! Click here to access the webchat

I'll talk to Allar and see what happened. But there shouldnt be a problem if people are talking about games/whatever. Unless it clouds UE4 topics, of course.

All resolved, there's now a #unrealengine-chat channel for total off-topic conversation.
    Last edited by nkr; 04-06-2014 at 04:11 PM.
    Come joins us in IRC! We always have great discussions and awesome help from really experienced UE devs. There's always people from Epic in chat helping out, thats how awesome they are! We are on #unrealengine @ freenode.org! Click here to access the webchat

Hey! Just bumping the thread so more people can join us!!

Oh, and we have broken a new record! 119 users!

Channel is better everyday!

Come join us!

Just bumping this so more people know about the channel!

=D

Supporter
    Bump.

This is a very important resource for everyone. If any mods see this and would like to make this a sticky it would be much appreciated.

Hey! Come joins us in IRC!!

You probably just directed a huge stream of UT fans to the IRC channel Should there be a separate UT channel maybe?

Supporter
    Bumping for sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by Bajee View Post
    You probably just directed a huge stream of UT fans to the IRC channel Should there be a separate UT channel maybe?
    It's an Unreal Engine channel, I'm sure they will figure it out eventually haha

Just bumping the thread so more people know about the channel! ;D

Hey! Bumping the thread so new people know about the channel

Bump for IRC !! =)

Joins us in IRC =D

IRC!! We're in IRC!

Bump! Bump! Come join us!

Bump Bump!

It would be nice if this thread was sticky so more and more UE users would know about another way of getting and offering UE-related help: the IRC.

Yep! This would be great hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Espín View Post
    It would be nice if this thread was sticky so more and more UE users would know about another way of getting and offering UE-related help: the IRC.
    Very glad channel exists, but I'm honestly not very happy about people getting away with using profanity ,,you know the typical ignorant F bombs or S bombs..is there no way to put a stop to this kind of non family environment ?

I speak for all families who dont want their kids ( or adults) to learn 'bad habits'.

I don't care what EU does, this is a channel for everyone, and common sense decency shouldn't be a problem , I wouldn't think

I've never seen any one tell such people, to please avoid such language.,to me,,its a simple deal, takes a few seconds and thankfully it doesn't have to occur often, but when it does people should know its not cool. Most people find it disgusting

cheersl
    nl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast