Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Royalty] House Of Demons

[Royalty] House Of Demons

Hello everyone, we are working on a large scale game called House of Demons. In the game you have to survive in a massive mansion filled with demons. The game is open world sandbox and you can craft different gadgets to use against the demons and to survive. I must stress that this is an ambitious project, however it is one that WILL be finished no matter what.

ATMOSPHERE:

The game will have a very serious and dark atmosphere to it.

STORY:

You and your girlfriend go to visit your father and your other relatives who live in a massive mansion in a semi-remote area of the Alaskan coastline. You discover that no one is home and you enter inside only to be chased by the slasher into a room. You are trapped inside the mansion and must survive and find out what happened to your family.

OTHER DETAILS:

In the game you will be able to craft items and you will need to eat and sleep to stay alive. You will be able to barricade yourself in any room you choose in the mansion, each room has its own perks such as item storage, amenities etc.

ENEMIES:

The demons are the only enemies in the game(Besides the bosses and Satan) Some of them can be viewed in the concept art below. The demons we plan to have are(These are working names, and not actual names of the demons):

1. Slasher - 7 ft of terror, this demon is smart, quick and extremely deadly.
    2. Brute - This demon uses its bulky size to intimidate, it can be devastating to players bases.
    3. Troll - This small demon can crawl in vents and hide easily in small spaces.
    4. Thin Man - This demon has a habit of hiding behind objects and grabbing the player.
    5. The Watcher - This demon has huge piercing yellow eyes that never blink, it is quite a frightening sight to see in the dark, and even more frightening to see in the light.

GAME ELEMENTS:

The game will have RPG, Survival, Puzzle and crafting elements in it, with an emphasis on survival RPG. You will be able to craft weapons and gadgets from things you find around the mansion.

The project has been in planning for around 2.4 years now, we have a solid idea on where we want to go with the game, we have made drastic improvements to the ideas and things we want to implement, also the release of UE4 and having the source code will make the game much better than we ever planned.

CURRENT TEAM:

Chay Hawk(Me) - Enviornmental Artist, Lead Project Manager, Level Designer
    Kim Van Deun - Demon Concept Art, Assorted art
    Dujon Allen - Character Modeller
    Cormac Donelly - Sound Engineer
    Duane Wandless - General Programming
    Chris Szkoda - Rigger/Animator
    David Bull - General Programming

POSITIONS:

Available position(s)

1/1 Filled Concept Artist who can draw architecture.

1/1 Filled Concept Artist who can draw Demons.

1/1 Filled Character Modeler - We have a placeholder model that came with UE4 however this will only suffice for a little while and is fine for now but if we can have someone model the characters in the concept art then that would be even better.

0/2 Open Texture Artist - We need someone to create good quality textures for all of our models, this includes textures for weapons, characters, world assets, etc.

1/1 Filled Animator - We need someone who can do very good animation work.

1/1 Filled Rigger - We need someone who can rig characters work.

0/1 Filled Asset Modeler - We need someone to model assets for the mansion, Lamps, couches, beds, tables, chairs etc etc, basically anything we need that you would see in an environment that isn't biological.

1/1 Filled Sound Engineer - We need talented people to create all the sounds for HOD, this includes demon sounds, weapons, objects, environment etc.

0/1 Filled Construction Asset Modeler - Asset modeler and construction asset modeler can be one in the same but as a construction asset modeler you will need to create assets like walls, stairs, railings, roof pieces, ceiling pieces, doors, door frames etc etc and you must make them in a way that they all fit together nicely. Also they must be made to scale for UE4 as UE4's scale is a bit different from UDK.

4/4 Open C++ Programmer - You must have a very good to advanced knowledge of C++ and Blueprint(Blueprint is optional), an Unreal Engine 4 subscription and the ability to communicate with other programmers and work together.

These programming positions are open:

1/1 Filled Networking Programmer - We need someone to help us program the multiplayer aspects of HOD
    2/2 Filled General Programming - This covers a wide variety of things like movement, mechanics etc.
    1/1 Open AI Programmer - We need someone with a very good knowledge of AI programming.

1/1 NOT OPEN YET UI Designer/Programmer - We need someone who can design good looking User Interfaces for House of Demons.

0/1 NOT OPEN YET Particle Effects Designer - We need someone to design particle effects for weapons, demons and anything else.

NOTE: You are responsible to legally acquire your own software for work.

PROGRESS UPDATES:

8/2/2014

-Thin man and Slasher models are done.
    -Troll is being sculpted right now.
    -Construction assets are 45% done.
    -World assets are in progress.
    -Multiplayer support is in progress.
    -Thin Man has walk, attack and idle animation cycles.
    -Demons have simple search AI and attraction to noises.
    -Weapons support is being added.
    -Concept are for all demons is complete.
    -Currently working on concept art for main characters.
    -Currently working on title art.
    -Simple UI in progress.
    -Mansion floor plan prototype 50% complete. (2d Drawing)
    -Sound engineering in progress.

8/3/2014

-Main character concept art draft completed
    -Title art draft completed

If your interested please contact me at: thundermountainstudios@yahoo.com
    or send me a PM.

CONSTRUCTION ASSETS:

Here is a 3D preview of the construction assets we will be suing for the game.
    This is just the low poly exterior.

https://p3d.in/FFph0/wireonsmooth

CONCEPT ART:

Here is some concept art we have so far:

Demon One

Slasher Demon

Winged Boss

Thin Man and Troll

The Watcher

Last edited by Chay Hawk; 09-02-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Veteran
    Can we get a little more on the games story, project details, thanks!
    I do UI/HUD and web design!
    http://joshua-minger.crevado.com
    Out reach is recruiting
    https://www.facebook.com/OutReachGame

Hi Ryzone, I updated the post, let me know if you want to know more info

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Chay Hawk View Post
    Hi Ryzone, I updated the post, let me know if you want to know more info
    That's better seems interesting.
    Out reach is recruiting

Promoter
    looks very nice and would love to see this implemented in game sooner or later
    Game Artist

Thanks as soon as someone can draw us some concepts of the mansion we can get started. Hopefully we wont have to wait too long, we're all very excited about this project. We've been planning this game for about 2.4 years now!

Also I might add that the post is a bit bare, I will add more things in detail and more concept art when the artist finishes it. I just wanted to get something up.
    Last edited by Chay Hawk; 04-24-2014 at 04:41 AM.

Veteran
    Trust me getting anything visual to show while building a team is hard just hang in there.
    Out reach is recruiting

Hi Ryzone

Thanks, it is quite difficult but i know we'll get there sooner or later

Post updated, I forgot to add the open position :/

New position available!

In desperate need of character modeller!

Veteran
    I like the new demon concept.
    Out reach is recruiting

Hi Ryzone

Thanks! There's more on the way

I updated the post, I removed the character modeler position and replaced it with someone who can make us a basic simple character model as a placeholder for the demons. I would rather have something than nothing and be able to get things done for now, so anyone out there if you could please design us a simple character and demon model like the character in the link we would appreciate it, thanks! Heres the link of the character (from gang beasts) we would like our temp character modelled after, in case you dont want to go searching for it:

http://tinypic.com/m/i5odao/2

Disregard that last post, i was unaware that UE4 came with a template character, so i guess that step is done!

Big update to the post and a position has opened up.

Still seeking character modeler!

Infiltrator
    Besides Construction Asset Modeler i can handle Blueprint scripting(if needed).
    For texturing i can use Quixel Suite/Substance but you need to buy me a license for commercial purpose.
    i can work for free but want credit.
    i like our story and the amount of time you have to sticked to it (shows focus and patience )
    anyways good luck for your game.

Post update, new concept of Thin Man and Troll Demon.

Still need character modelers, also new post topic "PROJECT VISUAL QUALITY" added, please read.

Hi, I'm not applying for a job, but if you need more placeholders I can send you the ones I made and use as placeholders, if you need them.

Humanoid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzGarD-shCo

Monster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO3wzyyOMjI

That goes for anyone else reading this too. I might put them on turbosquid for free if I'm not too lazy. They're not exactly works of art.

Hi ChrisSch, thanks for the placeholder but we already have a modeler working on the demons for us, hopefully will get to show them off soon!

I know you have a Sound Engineer, but if you need a Composer for any Atmospheric music or Tension building then I would love to be a part of this!

Hi Romt101 sorry for the late reply, we already have someone doing all the sound and atmosphere, but thanks for your interest, I hope to bring more info soon.

New Concept art and new positions open!!!

Programmers, riggers and animators needed! We are moving along quite nicely and work on the mansion will begin in the next 2 weeks. We will have a pre alpha within a month or so but we need the 3 mentioned teammates, especially programmers!

RIGGERS NEEDED!! We have one character that needs rigging and will have many more! if anyone is interested please apply!

Infiltrator
    Hiya, Im happy to try some rigging for your characters, and I sent you an email
    Quote Originally Posted by Chay Hawk View Post
    RIGGERS NEEDED!! We have one character that needs rigging and will have many more! if anyone is interested please apply!

I have been with C++ for a long time, but I am just getting started with UE4. I know basic UI and advanced networking methods. I also know how to profile and optimize a program/game (can''t be too different from a game right?). I just want the experience so I really don't have to be paid at all. I have my own subscription and have no job so I can work 24/7. I am VERY edger to learn UE4 development. Anywho, I have all kinds of contact methods so whatever you're most comfortable in is fine, just send me a PM.

I really hope you allow me to help!

AI programmer needed! we are moving along very nicely and we don't need AI programming just yet but we will be starting not too long from now and I would like to get someone on board to get acquainted with the team and get familiar with the project and the Design Document.

Still need AI programmer.

Still need AI programmer!

Still need AI programmer and 1 general programmer. I also updated the post with the high poly 3D sculptures for the Thin man and Slasher. I also added a link to view the construction assets that will be used in the game. The assets are low poly right now.

Bump, Still need AI programmer and general programmer, preferably one who knows how to optimize a game. Also any concept artists interested in drawing the mansion we would love to have you!!

Bump, Still need programmers and AI programmers.

Bump Need programmers still!

Come on guys we need programmers here! I cant expect 1 guy to program an entire game!

To be fair, you can't 'expect' anything, if you're offering royalties. Though, I do hope you find someone - looks like a great project!

I understand that, but we are moving along at a steady pace and I don't want to have any interruptions so we need people quick. Also new Posts are opening up.

Slots still open!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast