A new site with royalty free music and soundscapes for your games

Hi everyone,

I’ve created over 2000 tracks of music and sound effects that you can freely use in commercial projects, personal ones or anything you like. It’s all original…all my own work. All I ask is to be attributed as indicated on my homepage:

www.soundimage.org

I sincerely hope my tracks are helpful. Any and all feedback is welcome and always appreciated. :slight_smile:

All the best,

2 Likes

So any one can use even in commercial project ?
and just refer the credits to you ?

@mamoniem

For Commercial Projects

For projects intended to make money, please contact me for a license. They are generally only a few dollars and help me pay for this site.

That was written on his website.

Hi everyone,

I’ve updated and simplified the pricing structure:

Free for noncommercial use.
$5/track for commercial use.

This saves the step of having to contact me. It was suggested by a forum member.

I hope you find my music helpful. As always, all feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi everyone,

I’ve posted new pieces on the following pages of my site:

Drama
Fantasy/Game Music
Horror/Surreal
History
Technology
Urban

I hope they are helpful. Please feel free to leave comments.

Thanks,

Hi everyone,

I’ve posted some new pieces on the following pages on my site:

Drama

Fantasy/Game Music

Nature/Science

Urban

Hope they are helpful,

You really should change the thread title. Saying royalty free music is misleading to many people. It should say, royalty free music and soundscapes for “Non Commercial use only”. I wish you all the best and good luck…

The title is fine and well in the standard definition of use.

look under photography.

Photography. Are you serious? From the same site you posted.

“Royalty-free, or RF, refers to the right to use copyrighted material or intellectual property without the need to pay royalties or license fees for each use or per volume sold, or some time period of use or sales.”
Be it $1 or $100. You are paying royalties to the creator. Saying royalty free is just that “Royalty Free”

No, if you pay $1 one time, you’re paying a one time license fee. Not a royalty. A royalty by definition(including your definition) is when a fee is applied based in number of units sold or released(sometimes time limited).

Things can, and often do, have a licensing fee, but not a royalty fee, and saying they’re royalty free is accurate.

It’s not misleading at all, but I’d agree that a good number of people don’t know what a royalty is.

I’m pretty sure most people take royalty-free to mean: pay once to use it, and you don’t have to worry about additional license issues.

E.g. most royalty-free music libraries let you download tracks for a one-time all-inclusive ‘purchase’ fee, which you can then use in your project without having to buy a specific license. Despite the name, the composer usually receives royalties anyway, since if the work is aired on tv/youtube then the broadcaster has to pay performacne royalties via a distribution body such as the PRS.

You make a very good point. I stand corrected. All the best …

All music at soundimage.org is now free for commercial use

Hi everyone,

I’ve decided to make all of the music on my site free for commercial use as well as noncommercial. Just please credit me properly as detailed on my homepage.

The newest of the new tracks are on the following pages:

Introspective/Emotions
Urban
Nature Science
Fantasy/Game Music

If you decide to use one or more of my pieces, a donation would be greatly appreciated…any amount you can swing would be helpful.
As always, thanks for your feedback and I hope you find something you can use.

Hi everyone,

It was brought to my attention that pretty much any music on my site could potentially be game music…(not just the music on the “Fantasy/Game Music” page)…so I’ve gone ahead and renamed that page “Fantasy.” None of the pieces have moved, though…everything is still in the same place.

That said, I have some new tracks for you on the Fantasy page as well as the Drama and Upbeat pages.

I hope they are helpful,

I’ve added some new pieces on the following pages:

Dark/Ominous
History
Sci-Fi/Space

Hope they are helpful,

Hi everyone,

I’ve had several requests for action pieces…so I’ve started an “Action” page and uploaded 5 new pieces with varying styles. If there’s a particular style you’re interested in, let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

I also uploaded some new pieces on the Nature/Science page as well as the Technology page. I hope they are helpful.

Thanks for all your feedback and support,

When I created my game, basically all the tunes took with Browse royalty-free music by moods / emotions. Music for video and media projects.
Very funny sounds with different moods.

Cool…will check them out.

Hi everyone,

I’ve added some new pieces on the following pages:

Action
Fantasy
Nature/Science
Sci-Fi/Space

I hope they are helpful,

Hi everyone,

I've posted some new tracks on the following pages:

Sci-Fi/Space
Quiet/Peaceful/Mellow

I've also received a number of requests for longer pieces (in general) so I thought I'd begin creating longer versions of some of my tracks.

If you all have any thoughts about tracks of mine that you'd like to use, but wish were longer, please let me know. :)

Thanks,