Starry night sky and prototype materials

I won’t submit this to “marketplace” since it doesn’t count as “pro” quality, but I have (in the “experimental” directory) some prototype materials (some stolen/modified from sample content, etc. others new) and a blueprint sky with Earthly star patterns and Milky Way (generated from Hipparcos data and from milky data from open source PP3 software). If you don’t zoom in too much, it looks realistic :). There are sliders for the sky to change time of day and time of year and cloud cover (the clouds do have a north/south pole problem from mapping a rectilinear projection onto a sphere and it being inaccurate near the poles). There’s a sun, but I hadn’t put the moon in the sky yet (though one of the included textures is a high-res photo I took of the nearly-full moon some years ago, so if you don’t care about phases, that’s a start).

The materials and handful of other assets might be useful for rapid prototyping a level, or as a starting point for something better. The sky can certainly be improved (and isn’t very “alien”).

Here is the original project (I tried making a cooked version, but it failed to open, with a version mismatch error message). Made with UE version 4.4.1, based on FPS shooter with minor blueprint modification. Minimal default level has most of the samples.

Dropbox - File Deleted (2gb zipped)

Thanks Todd, downloading now.

404 ERROR, please re-submit!!!

hey, this links cancelled. so i hope yo re-submit as soon as possible. thx :slight_smile:

Link is broken