Giving my Vertex Snap Editor Feature to Epic as Pull Request

Dear Community,

I am happy to announce that I have finished the Editor Integration of my Vertex Snap Feature!

If you know of my plugin and/or would like to see Vertex Snapping integrated with UE4, do leave a note on my pull request page!

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/62

I explain full details of how it works on the pull request page :slight_smile:

Pics

![2e14576c31d1833e7d7fc6208633b6c1cad77cb9.jpeg|751x633](upload://6zDxNkGn5ZFGjIGwdlDLBL5sdlv.jpeg)

![acf0bb09fe2b65ba33df013efce5e030beeec616.jpeg|923x636](upload://oFTT3489lBgfZaig4il8XUJVNTU.jpeg)

![5efd65da42eb723a2a376f30831a80d835464d1d.jpeg|925x650](upload://dyjME8XsQ4g9aEKNAiVtR1Ylpgx.jpeg)

Video

1 Like

Error 404 on the github repository page

Is this alive? Based on the videos it is exactly what I’m looking for

Hi there @danimand !

Ultimatley the pull request was cancelled because Epic was reworking how the physX integration worked.

I shall consider reposting in UE5, thank you for indicating that you would enjoy this feature!

:unicorn:

Rama

1 Like

Is there any way you could provide the feature to me, or point me in the right direction on what to look up to be able to add it myself?

I’m not new to gamedev but I am new to UE, but could probably manage to get my head around a python/bp editor plugin (hopefully?). I don’t need visuals, just drag one vertex to another and do this pseudocode basically:

obj1 = parent of vertex1
obj2 = parent of vertex2
moveVector = vector from vertex1 to vertex2
transform obj1 by moveVector

You are on 4.27 right?

The most complicated part is getting the vertex data for any type of component, static mesh, skeletal mesh, foliage actor, etc.

At the time my pull request was denied, it was because the way vertex data was access was changing, so I have to review how it works now.

If you (or anyone else) wanted to expedite the process, you could look through 4.27 engine code and see if there is a uniform interface now for getting vertex data from any primitive component.

:heart:

Rama

I am way too new to go into the engine code, was hoping for a plugin route.

But I will definitely continue to want this so if I hope I’ll get around to it at some point. Thanks for the update

Oh it is definitely a fun project for me, especially now that UE4 seems pretty steady on 4.27

So

:rose: Definitely Continue To Want & Hope :unicorn:

:zap:That’s How Things Get Done :zap:

Rama

1 Like

Wow. It would be great to have something like this in the editor.