User Tag List

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 2192

Thread: What Are You Working On? Community Screenshots & Videos

  1. #81
    0
    Nice work everyone! Medieval pack is looking sweet!

    Meanwhile I'm working on getting some of my older experiments out to the community - made a hologram effect with some custom depth culling during Unreal 4 Beta along with some other materials that use Custom Depth so I am writing an article about it to explain how you can use it for your own effects.

    Name:  ue4_screenshotsaturday_hologram_small.png
Views: 4254
Size:  815.7 KB

    Tutorial will be out soon!

    Edit: It's out! http://www.tomlooman.com/the-many-uses-of-custom-depth-in-unreal-4/
    Last edited by Tom Looman; 09-13-2014 at 10:07 PM.
    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

  2. #82
    0
    Awesome man....Not sure I'll find a place for it in my project but it's always cool to see how people go about solving things in the Engine....Thanks for Sharing.....

  3. #83
    0
    A few weeks back, I wrapped up work on a 5-day level design challenge, and my final result was titled Desert Oasis: https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?30132-Desert-Outpost-A-UE4-Scene



    Additionally, I recently wrapped up a small blueprint study which can be found in more detail here: http://millansingh.com/312004/4349964/projects/ue4-blueprint-study-security-clearance-demo

    For now, I will leave this teaser image to encourage you guys to click on the link above.
    UE4 Beta Tester.

  4. #84
    0
    @ fragfest2012 : AWESOME Scene!!!!! 4 thumbs up for you man!!!

  5. #85
    0
    Just a quick volcano eruption I decided to make using one of my latest shaders.


    The shader for the lava is actually supposed to be for blood, but i tweaked it a bit to fit lava.

  6. #86
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jangalomph View Post
    Just a quick volcano eruption I decided to make using one of my latest shaders.


    The shader for the lava is actually supposed to be for blood, but i tweaked it a bit to fit lava.
    Looks sweet!
    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

  7. #87
    0
    Made a very dirty mockup for a portal effect, nothing functional yet just checking out RenderTargets in UE4.

    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

  8. #88
    0
    Here is the gif of what i'm working on right now.
    http://gfycat.com/WelllitAbleIndianhare

  9. #89
    0
    Infiltrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    19
    Pretty much working on my Escher-esque game, Relative Madness.

    The material depends on the rotation of the object, as I've asked some of the UE dev's whilst at pax, you can't access the lighting pass in materials.. sigh.

    Name:  000348.jpg
Views: 3846
Size:  470.8 KB

  10. #90
    0
    Visionary
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,251
    Some pretty cool things in here. =) Looking forward to being able to post my own WIPs.

  11. #91
    0
    Me and my brother have been working on this game throughout the summer. Everything here is done in blueprints.

  12. #92
    0
    Infiltrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    19
    Just a quick lil thing



    Video -- > http://www.gfycat.com/DeliciousBitterBeagle

    making random optical illusions

  13. #93
    0
    Made a start on some new content for my tutorials on github. Since I built some SW:TOR inspired fresnel lighting during beta and never did anything with it - I figured I should just share it in the tutorial repository.

    It's not uploaded yet, I'll double check tomorrow if I missed anything - it won't be a fancy tutorial, just sharing the content for the community.

    This is what the level looks like at the moment:

    Name:  ambientfresnel_featureimage_small.png
Views: 3680
Size:  931.3 KB
    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

  14. #94
    0

    Red face

    Screen shot from our almost ready Alpha Game "Squad".

    Large squad based shooter set in afghan and other locales. Based on our combined experience developing project reality BF2 mod.

    As you can see not fully polished up yet but mostly there.. Maps will be minimum 2km - max 8km areas.

    Optomization of draw calls has been the key so far!

    Name:  FgECmVN.jpg
Views: 3640
Size:  207.2 KB

  15. #95
    0
    Well even if Saturday just passed :

    Working on a suburban project, early wip.

    Name:  HighresScreenshot00007.jpg
Views: 3587
Size:  448.9 KB
    Name:  HighresScreenshot00001.jpg
Views: 3586
Size:  644.0 KB
    Name:  HighresScreenshot00009.jpg
Views: 3546
Size:  593.5 KB

  16. #96
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Looman View Post
    Made a very dirty mockup for a portal effect, nothing functional yet just checking out RenderTargets in UE4.

    Looks good, are you rendering to the surface directly? IIRC for Portals as they are in "Portal" you need to render to screensized rendertargets which are not directly drawn to the modelsurface. Which then looks like this:
    (Did this in another WAY simpler and older engine):

  17. #97
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnarch View Post
    Looks good, are you rendering to the surface directly? IIRC for Portals as they are in "Portal" you need to render to screensized rendertargets which are not directly drawn to the modelsurface. Which then looks like this:
    (Did this in another WAY simpler and older engine):
    Thanks! I'll try that once I get back to this eventually.
    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

  18. #98
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Looman View Post
    Thanks! I'll try that once I get back to this eventually.
    Keep me updated on this. While i own UE4 since it's first Public-Release, i had not much time to work with it and lack basic knowledge which keeps me from doing this in UE4.

  19. #99
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnarch View Post
    Keep me updated on this. While i own UE4 since it's first Public-Release, i had not much time to work with it and lack basic knowledge which keeps me from doing this in UE4.
    My first attempt was to rescale FOV and camera rotation on the RT based on relative position to the portal. I might be thinking about it the wrong way - I'd like to get back to this in a few weeks.
    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

  20. #100
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Looman View Post
    My first attempt was to rescale FOV and camera rotation on the RT based on relative position to the portal. I might be thinking about it the wrong way - I'd like to get back to this in a few weeks.
    Yes you do^^. if you render to texture, the user will always see the pixels in closeup and perspective is never correct this way.

    Basic Concepts:
    Rendering:
    The Portal renders nothing special. Just a given value for each pixel of it's surface into a seperated screen buffer(shared by all portals). The Portal itself remains (theoreticall) invisible. The camera which is attached to the portal renders it's content to an invisible screensized rendertarget. Each portal has it's unique per pixel value and Rendertarget. A Postprocess runs overall pixels of the shared screen bufer and for each value it finds(Value <> 0) it picks the corresponding invisible rendertarget and drasw the corresponding pixel onto the screen.

    Camera:
    Each Camera, which is attached to a portal, MOVES and ROTATES relative to the player camera at the source portal. Playercamera is calculatet to relative position and rotation to the sourceportal, and this relative data is then calculatet to absolute position and rotation based on the targetportal.

    Because cameras of portals move and rotate, you need to setup a clipplane at the eventhorizon of the given portal for the given Portalcamera. The PortalCamera is usually behind the portal and collides with objects/walls behind it, otherwhise.

    If a detailed rundown of this is required, or asked by someone, tell me and i'll see what i can do. (mostly concept presented on another engine implementation as shown in my video above, but no UE4 implementation. At least not yet as i lack knowledge)
    Last edited by Memnarch; 09-25-2014 at 09:15 AM.

  21. #101
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnarch View Post
    Yes you do^^. if you render to texture, the user will always see the pixels in closeup and perspective is never correct this way.

    Basic Concepts:
    Rendering:
    The Portal renders nothing special. Just a given value for each pixel of it's surface into a seperated screen buffer(shared by all portals). The Portal itself remains (theoreticall) invisible. The camera which is attached to the portal renders it's content to an invisible screensized rendertarget. Each portal has it's unique per pixel value and Rendertarget. A Postprocess runs overall pixels of the shared screen bufer and for each value it finds(Value <> 0) it picks the corresponding invisible rendertarget and drasw the corresponding pixel onto the screen.

    Camera:
    Each Camera, which is attached to a portal, MOVES and ROTATES relative to the player camera at the source portal. Playercamera is calculatet to relative position and rotation to the sourceportal, and this relative data is then calculatet to absolute position and rotation based on the targetportal.

    Because cameras of portals move and rotate, you need to setup a clipplane at the eventhorizon of the given portal for the given Portalcamera. The PortalCamera is usually behind the portal and collides with objects/walls behind it, otherwhise.

    If a detailed rundown of this is required, or asked by someone, tell me and i'll see what i can do. (mostly concept presented on another engine implementation as shown in my video above, but no UE4 implementation. At least not yet as i lack knowledge)
    Thanks man! I forgot about near-clipping on the camera :X I just never touch that value, now it's finally of good use! I have some new ideas on how to tackle this for ue4 specifically now. Tempted to start on it soon. :P
    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

  22. #102
    0


    Got the basic principle working now. Still some issues that needs fixing like the one-frame lag with Character camera (does not happen for the editor camera)
    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

  23. #103
    0
    Here is a Car of an Multiplayer RC Racing Game we are working on.


  24. #104
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Looman View Post
    Got the basic principle working now. Still some issues that needs fixing like the one-frame lag with Character camera (does not happen for the editor camera)
    Nice result.
    Got mine working, too (facing the same one frame lag problem).
    Which capture component did you use? I used Scene Capture 2D (Just asking, maybe you used another way).
    Name:  portal1_lowres.png
Views: 3385
Size:  700.7 KB
    Name:  portal2_lowres.png
Views: 3242
Size:  722.5 KB

    Next Step:
    It's currently an ineditor-setup. Need to make it spawnable at runtime.

    Greetings
    Memnarch

  25. #105
    0
    just messing around and doing some outdoor realistic lightening render tests while i wait for 4.5

    objs are all out of place and shadows are messed up but w/e

    Last edited by Bladerskb; 09-25-2014 at 08:52 PM.

  26. #106
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnarch View Post
    Nice result.
    Got mine working, too (facing the same one frame lag problem).
    Which capture component did you use? I used Scene Capture 2D (Just asking, maybe you used another way).
    Name:  portal1_lowres.png
Views: 3385
Size:  700.7 KB
    Name:  portal2_lowres.png
Views: 3242
Size:  722.5 KB

    Next Step:
    It's currently an ineditor-setup. Need to make it spawnable at runtime.

    Greetings
    Memnarch
    Cool! The basic principle turned out to be quite simple as you pointed out. The frame lag is kind of annoying right now though. I still need to add the functional part of actually walking through and ending up on the other side, but should maybe get back to my original tasks instead for now :P
    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

  27. #107
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Looman View Post
    Cool! The basic principle turned out to be quite simple as you pointed out. The frame lag is kind of annoying right now though. I still need to add the functional part of actually walking through and ending up on the other side, but should maybe get back to my original tasks instead for now :P
    Yup, the walking through (if done without sudden teleport) is quite complex. In 3DGamestudio I implemented a custom Trace-Method that continued to trace when it hit a PortalSurface(it was translated through the portal and continued from the other one). That was quite simple as the engine supports PhysX, but it's mostly not used. However, in UE4 ALL Collision-Queries are done by PhysX, so i need to find a way to implement/override functionality. And that's something i don't know how to do atm.

    Oh and for the Seamless portalmovement:
    You need a volume/Box behind a portal-surface that continues to render this portals color on to the screen, where the camera clips through the surface. Otherwhise you can look behind the portal while walking through(and see a wall or whatever)
    Clones: All objects (atleast in my design) get a clone of themself. This clone is translated according to the Portals as you need two objects to have something stuck in mid portal(One half is seen at PortalA, the other half sticks out at PortalB).
    And clipplanes: Clipplanes Clipplanes Clipplanes!

    That's where all the anoying stuff starts

    EDIT:
    Oh and i hope you created two (BluePrint)Functions to do Location or Rotation transformation between 2 portals. (I translated mine from C (Old Engine) to BluePrint). You'll want to transform a lot of different things between portals!

    Greetings
    Memnarch
    Last edited by Memnarch; 09-26-2014 at 07:06 AM.

  28. #108
    0
    Supporter
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4
    @ JDessaux nice! im working on mine im new to the engine but been in 3d for 10years its working out good so far.

  29. #109
    0


    I'm currently working on The Tale of Three: An action-adventure game

  30. #110
    0
    Material prototyping to see if I can get a more organic growth effect. The transition happens from a single Vector3 location in world space.

    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

  31. #111
    0
    Tom...
    I'm really starting to hate you
    ..no really...Awesome work...

  32. #112
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by President View Post
    Tom...
    I'm really starting to hate you
    ..no really...Awesome work...
    :X Heheh, thanks!
    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

  33. #113
    0
    Infiltrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    10
    Awesome stuff going on in here!
    little something from me

  34. #114
    0
    Great work all

  35. #115
    0
    nice work, with your characters red skin it makes me feel like im in a Dark Sun setting

  36. #116
    0
    old video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgSzagdjg0E made it alot better but recently have been working on game optimisations to make it run on lower end devices, currently trying to make the engine run in a high reflective room with reflections tunred on and native resolution on a intel bay trail tablet device, will post a video soon on that ))

  37. #117
    0


    Just expanding the horizons of my liquid tearing shader.

  38. #118
    0
    Not really enough for its own thread, so might as well just post it here. Did this start to finish in about 3 days:

    Name:  Tatooine_5_3.jpg
Views: 2765
Size:  622.2 KB

    Edit: Wow that looks pretty bad at low res. Higher res version over at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7662877/MyProjects/Tatooine/Tatooine_5_3.png
    Last edited by Daniel.Wenograd; 10-04-2014 at 10:09 PM.

  39. #119
    0
    Visionary
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,251
    Very nice. Definitely captured the feel of the planet. =)

  40. #120
    0
    Promoter
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    258
    Cross posting, testing out the new Artist Template in UE4.5, really digging it!


Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •