First project on ue4 - museum

EDIT :

After several days of testing and setting up EU4, here is the final result for my Gallery project.

1080p :

Hope you like it.

Pictures from the video :

Hello all,
I am a CGartist (my website : www.pixarchi.com) and I just began to use UE4.
I have started a project of museum, and I have a lot of questions.

First I want to know how can I reduce the dark on the corners of my scene.
Thank you for helping me, I am a beginner and I have a lot to learn about this soft.

Hi,

That dark stuff is called ambient occlusion. Just disable it in the world settings.
However, its just showing up that prominent because you use a plain white material.
As soon as you apply a “real” material with some texture and structure, it will look more natural.

Cheers,

Thank you,
I know what is AO :smiley: but I did not notice that it can be disabled in the world settings.
Thank’s again.

That looks like Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, which is controlled by the PP volume settings and not by the one in World Settings (that is baked Lightmass AO).

Hi,

Just out of curiosity: How can you tell the difference :slight_smile:

Cheers,

SSAO tends to be more in creases. It is on by default with a fixed size in screenspace. Lightmass AO is off by default, and you usually see texel artifacts in corners.

Little update of my project, the ceiling.

e9aed5474630452fb9a5d024343e7ede414edeff.jpeg

I use that museum as a reference for this personal Project : http://www.archello.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/media_image/201401_dmvA_hvbusl_17.jpg

Looks very nice! I like the design.

Yes it was the SSAO! Tks!
I will post an update soon

Little update.

6417499409ae49f97db3c22671e9b056ab880fc3.jpeg

3b36efd14305d7a0c000232cc5626b78f7a8ec4c.jpeg

I don’t found how to move my topic to “Work in Progress”.

Very nice!

You’ll have to PM a mod as far as I’m aware.

Great work so far zahir3d! You have a a lot of progress so far and I can’t wait to see more as you develop your project. Keep up the great work!

Wip

[attach=config]10124[/attach]

Paintings are from a friend : Redirecting...

Little update :

http://www.pixarchi.com/unreal/musee/br01.jpg

http://www.pixarchi.com/unreal/musee/br02.jpg

I have an issue, I don’t understand why the render looks different IN GAME and on the UE4 Viewport. (it’s better in the Viewport).

Looks more like a gallery than museum to me ^^ keep it up .

Yep it’s a Gallery in fact :smiley:

Nice progress man! :slight_smile: Looking good. I would try to make the floor tiles a bit more rough in general and you should definitely try to decrease the roughness of the lines between the tiles. They would not be as polished since they are a bit lower and its some kind of mortar as well, which happens to be rough because of the way its composed and put between the plates.

Man I also love those paintings! Nice style your friend has…would definitely put them on my wall as well :slight_smile:

Edit: Actually…I dont really mean making the floor more rough overall…I would actually just shift the roughness and spread it more out. Right now…it looks a bit polished, but more wet on some shots. If you just slightly shift the black values to be less dark and shift the white values to be a bit more dark…you still get defined gloss, but overall a bigger highlight distribution. I think that would help^^

@Daedalus51: thank’s!

After several days of testing and setting up EU4, here is the final result for my Gallery project.

1080p :

Hope you like it.

Pictures from the video :

99903fb62f76b7bb57a0742ccd3fef6c3dcd312e.jpeg

774ad0bd30f003728a685ee1cd10aab12879692e.jpeg

Bridging on photo realistic. Gotta love those normal maps.