User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interior Scene

Interior Scene

Tried some interactive stuff here.

you can toggle the light via the light switcher and change the materials using a more friendly interface

replacing the stuff become more easy with BP. You can take a picture while you play the scene with your game pad. lots fun here!

thank you UE4!
    Attached Images Attached Images              
    Last edited by mabone; 09-27-2014 at 12:56 AM.

wow, i love it

Very nice indeed! Love the lighting!
    Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Jeez Wheezy, It's starting to look like Architectural Digest around here! Awesoooome! Keep, "Movin' on up, to. . ."

Promoter
    Really nice, looks superb, keep it up!

Samaritan
    That is insane! So good.
    Trance VR demo now available. Go hyper speed in VR! http://store.steampowered.com/app/601080/

Visionary
    Very nice, incredible job on the lighting. =)

Infiltrator
    Very nice mabone

Infiltrator
    Really good job! Can you provide us a deploy of this scene?

Unreal Engine Support
    Fantastic job mabone! So when I can i move in? Lol. I really love the layout of your ArchViz project. Keep up the great work and hope to see more of your work in the future.

I love all those archviz scenes :-)

Great work.

Could you share what you use to model?
    Do you import the whole scene or move the items in UE4?

I'm not trolling here. If you create a home on Unreal Engine and post it on Facebook people will think you own that house. LOL Nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by NanoMind View Post
    I love all those archviz scenes :-)

Great work.

Could you share what you use to model?
    Do you import the whole scene or move the items in UE4?
    just divide into small groups then import into UE4 by catergory

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Gribbin View Post
    Fantastic job mabone! So when I can i move in? Lol. I really love the layout of your ArchViz project. Keep up the great work and hope to see more of your work in the future.
    thanks for your hard working, then this is really a awesome tool for use.

maybe later

Mind blown.

Okay.. astounding.. honestly a few of the screenshots... i showed my wife and ******... they thought they were real life pictures and at least 2 of them i would have sworn in court was a real picture..

Infiltrator
    wow, looks great

Mind sharing a wireframe of the scene? We were wondering if something like this could run on an ipad or lower end machines.

And it looks great btw!
    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

Supporter
    Nice! But I have some concerns regarding lights brightness, and overall scene exposure. You can't have that bright lights in real life with that bright environment light. I would suggest to check real values for lights as well real color temperature. For instance for halogens like spots ( now days mostly LED lights) I found in shop lamps with 120Lm, 200Lm and 345Lm. I do believe there exist some more powerful spotlights, but I guess not for normal interior lighting. And yes some static point lights in windows can give you some nice shadows to make objects less floating.

Wow. BTW, why everyone who releases such work never releases a demo to try it out? I am starting to doubt if such works aren't real or made by normal people or using UE4. /jk

Unreal Engine Developer
    Looks amazing!!

Out of curiosity, where do you get your furniture meshes?

Unreal Engine Developer
    Looking great!

The indirect lighting looks a bit oversmoothed (small detail shadows gone), you can improve that with WorldSettings->Lightmass->IndirectLightingQuality setting to 2 or 4 (will increase build times), then lower IndirectLightingSmoothness to .75 or .6. The default Lightmass settings oversmooth a bit as that is better than noise / splotchiness.

The tight bloom kernel looks unrealistic to me, usually bloom looks best very wide and subtle.

Keep it up

Unreal Engine Developer
    This link has been floating around the office today. Astonishing work, mabone!

I really can't believe how many ways people have been using UE4 lately.
    Pretty cool to see a ton of people getting in on the action.

Great work by the way, mabone!
    Really captures a nice feel.

Man, I have to say, I would love to see a fire-fight in that area...

~ Jason

Mabone, pretty amazing images

I have only one question.
    Any chance you could give me a hint on how your setup of your white curtains looks like?
    I´m really struggeling creating a decent translucent white fabric material for a lamp.
    Specially because of this problem:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/59828/why-is-this-translucent-material-not-opaque-if-opa.html

It always gehts too transparent.
    Are your curtain meshes 2 sided / have a thickness?

That horse looks too small and plastic to be a real horse. Plus why would there be a horse inside anyway? Apart from that, real solid work

Samaritan
    Quote Originally Posted by rodstone View Post
    That horse looks too small and plastic to be a real horse. Plus why would there be a horse inside anyway? Apart from that, real solid work
    I recon, and don't get me started on that dog! :P
    Really nice work man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Looman View Post
    Mind sharing a wireframe of the scene? We were wondering if something like this could run on an ipad or lower end machines.

And it looks great btw!
    It's all in high poly mode .test in my machine is about 32-45fps. Gtx660ti

Quote Originally Posted by anty View Post
    Nice! But I have some concerns regarding lights brightness, and overall scene exposure. You can't have that bright lights in real life with that bright environment light. I would suggest to check real values for lights as well real color temperature. For instance for halogens like spots ( now days mostly LED lights) I found in shop lamps with 120Lm, 200Lm and 345Lm. I do believe there exist some more powerful spotlights, but I guess not for normal interior lighting. And yes some static point lights in windows can give you some nice shadows to make objects less floating.

You are totally right, I've tweak the intensity of the spotlight and increase the ao so it looks more natural thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by DanielW View Post
    Looking great!

The indirect lighting looks a bit oversmoothed (small detail shadows gone), you can improve that with WorldSettings->Lightmass->IndirectLightingQuality setting to 2 or 4 (will increase build times), then lower IndirectLightingSmoothness to .75 or .6. The default Lightmass settings oversmooth a bit as that is better than noise / splotchiness.

The tight bloom kernel looks unrealistic to me, usually bloom looks best very wide and subtle.

Keep it up
    Wow! Thank you for your tips! They are really useful!

Quote Originally Posted by DIO_666 View Post
    Mabone, pretty amazing images

I have only one question.
    Any chance you could give me a hint on how your setup of your white curtains looks like?
    I´m really struggeling creating a decent translucent white fabric material for a lamp.
    Specially because of this problem:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/59828/why-is-this-translucent-material-not-opaque-if-opa.html

It always gehts too transparent.
    Are your curtain meshes 2 sided / have a thickness?
    Curtain material are the instance from the one that used in official demo"realistic"

Just tweak the color and SSS parameters

The curtain mesh are one side only but apply the two side material on it

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Clary View Post
    Looks amazing!!

Out of curiosity, where do you get your furniture meshes?

Some of them are made by myself via zbrush and max

little animations

Great to see some moving pictures!
    About the interactive lightswitching thing:
    I used to work on this kinda stuff with offline Renderers.
    Do you consider GI for these lights and is there a convenient way to do it? Does the lightbuild consider each light for the lightmaps individually or do you have to manually set up some kind of batch-lightbaking?
    Highly interested in this topic

Could the details on the uv mapping, used some other faster technique? by the amount of objects gave a lot of work.
    How's your lightmap Resolution in unreal?

sorry my english

The video is amazing, very well done.

Promoter
    Excellent...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast