How to stop the spam bots.

I cant take it anymore these spam bots are out of hand :slight_smile: lol I use KeyCaptcha on my sites and it works well and is free.
The link ://
and there web site which you have to sign up for
The puzzle based is alot better than fuzzy numbers and stops the bots in their tracks.

I would be more than happy to install or help get it working on the UE4 sites. Just holla

Unfortunately they are not spam bots but real humans. Epic is aware of the issue and will take necessary steps to stop this. Till then, we moderators are actively deleting them. :slight_smile:

They’re manually being registered and spammed. It’s not a bot.

How about a scaled posting time limit?

You post you have to wait 60 seconds before the second post. If you post more than three times with in five minuets then you have to wait five minuets to post again and if you post more then 10 times after five minuets = auto ban?

these “humans” also make millions of other posts exactly the same in other forums each day…just google it…how can it not be bots??

But what would we do without 's (or whatever it is) love mantra? We will all be doomed

dont even type any of the spam text as a joke the mods could ban you by mistake…the epic devs were joking about giving them their own area lol…i think they should use their time here to make an arranged marriage game it could be a hit

Just a short hint for everybody -> please dont post anything under those threads. :wink:

Man, I’m really impressed no spam bots tonight! Did you all do something to stop it?

Because people who do reply will get permanently banned too, right? I think there already was such an incident…
Well this is a bad system to be honest… ^^
There might be some new people who don’t know this fact and reply to one of the spam threads with “Stop the spam!” or something like that -
I guess they would be very disappointed for getting perma-banned as a result :wink:

As far as I’m aware (Maybe it’s different from the forum software I’m familiar with, or with Epic’s moderation practices) it’s just because it’s easier to ban the user and autodelete all their posts, which automatically prunes their single-post threads. If you post in that thread and then the user and all their posts get removed, now there’s an out of context thread with just one post, yours. Then that needs to be cleaned up as well.

Because the world will end when you reply to such a thread! :slight_smile:

Just a joke… :stuck_out_tongue:

Just in very very rare cases when we make a mistake people will probably get banned.

Hey all - still looking into solutions here, we have some interesting challenges in combating these things, but some things in the works in hopes to get spam under control.

Thanks for the info though, MountainDew, I’ll look into it :slight_smile:

You can use this, until you find a global solution.

://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/163/4/8/stop_spam_1024_by_luftbauch-d7m2xnw.png

Thanks for the robot. I’ll put him to work shortly.

I really feel bad for the admins here, 15 pages of spam.:frowning:

I totally agree :frowning: the spammer tries a sunday attack to see how boring and invasive he can be with unreal engine supporters and especially a ludum dare week end.

New world record! I wonder how this will look to a newcomer who decides that this is the perfect time to check out the UE4 forums to see what’s going on in the community…

I hate to say it but if you all have exhausted all methods to stop the spam , then like others have said , new members will have to be approved by an admin. That sucks but its better than 17 pages of spam.

Just woke up and now I delete the spam. Everything will be deleted in some minutes :slight_smile: