User Tag List

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Community Project] Real Time Strategy Game. NEW MODELS AVAILABLE. SEE POST #1

Lightbulb [Community Project] Real Time Strategy Game. NEW MODELS AVAILABLE. SEE POST #1

UPDATES:
    7 New models are now available on GitHub. Click here to see more. I created a new word document that lists all the models (including work in progress) for this project. All those who are modeling for this project, add your model in this document with your name and other model details. Please PM me your email address and i can add you to edit the document.

View Document

Thank you all for voting! Here are the results:

Era:

Realism:

Style:

Theme:

Hello everyone,

I've been working on an RTS Template (not this one) and thought i will make this a community project instead so everyone can learn and share and create. We have a lot of skilled people here on forums so i thought about bringing all of us together to create a AAA quality Strategy game (like Age of Empires, Rise of Legends etc). You can contribute anything (like characters, props, textures, materials, effects etc) you like and if we all work together we can make an amazing game using Unreal Engine 4.

If you feel like you don't have absolutely nothing to contribute feel free to download this project and see how its done. Once you go through the Blueprints you might get an idea on adding something new. And dont forget to spread the word to all your friends.

I would like to have this game with a mix of AOE and fantasy with cool magical effects plus gorgeous graphics and exotic maps. But that is my suggestion only. Since this a community project i really want to hear your opinion too.

Some references from Google:

http://games.softpedia.com/screenshots/8-1587_2.jpg
    http://riddlerreviews.files.wordpres...2011/02/48.jpg
    http://www.superdownloads.com.br/ima.../6/76319,O.jpg
    http://www.gamingnexus.com/Images/Article/1375/3.jpg
    So what do you think? If you have any more questions, please do ask it here.

Download Project from Github.
    Trello Road Map

Latest video: I added the ability to spawn resources in editor using Blutility.

Update #1 video

The Rainbow Warrior

Great work Ryan Jon!

I can't wait to see how this project develops with all the Community and you working together!

Rama
    100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Awesome, I'll totally be checking this out when I return from work! I didn't see a mention, but does this require Coherent-UI for the HUD to work, by the way?

This is an awesome idea!
    Unfortunately I'm not very skilled in developing games with UE4 yet...
    Anyway, I'd really like to see how this project becomes something big with the help of the community!

Quote Originally Posted by Rama View Post
    Great work Ryan Jon!

I can't wait to see how this project develops with all the Community and you working together!

Rama
    Thank you Rama!

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBennifer View Post
    Awesome, I'll totally be checking this out when I return from work! I didn't see a mention, but does this require Coherent-UI for the HUD to work, by the way?
    Hi Daniel...No this does not need Coherent to work. I thought about that first but since this is a community project i decided not to include but anyway i'll forward this thread to one of the Coherent Developer.

By the way please note that this is a completely new project and is not this one. I'll eventually add functions from that project to this community project.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakantor View Post
    Please dont feel like that ...You maybe skilled in some other field like modelling, texturing, rigging etc. I would like to have every little help that i can get. Even if its a small prop or a small texture i really appreciate it. If you are still unable to contribute...no worries . Feel free to download this and you can see how things are done. So far i have everything commented in this project and it is pretty simple too so you should be able to modify it further.

Samaritan
    This is exactly what i thought when asked to contribute to a community project for UDK, someone convinced me and i learned a great deal from it. Like ryanjon said, you can always try and you might learn some valuable things.

And i will be looking into your project this week ryanjon and will try to contribute until my imagination and motivation for my personal project return (and maybe even longer).

Luminary
    Hello,
    thanks for the awesome gift. It makes me in desire to do funny thing like a "heaven and hell" inspired game but based on the facewiteragramworld , building lolcats temple on a side and grumpy arenas on the other, with a goal to attract people to win click-adds to be the mememaster... (but as i have a lot of things i promised to do, i just write my crazy idea here for now ^^)

thanks again for the gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Thommie View Post
    This is exactly what i thought when asked to contribute to a community project for UDK, someone convinced me and i learned a great deal from it. Like ryanjon said, you can always try and you might learn some valuable things.

And i will be looking into your project this week ryanjon and will try to contribute until my imagination and motivation for my personal project return (and maybe even longer).
    Thank you very much Thommie!

Quote Originally Posted by Fen View Post
    Hello,
    thanks for the awesome gift. It makes me in desire to do funny thing like a "heaven and hell" inspired game but based on the facewiteragramworld , building lolcats temple on a side and grumpy arenas on the other, with a goal to attract people to win click-adds to be the mememaster... (but as i have a lot of things i promised to do, i just write my crazy idea here for now ^^)

thanks again for the gift.
    No problem Fen. I am happy to see you all are liking this.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
    Please dont feel like that ...You maybe skilled in some other field like modelling, texturing, rigging etc. I would like to have every little help that i can get. Even if its a small prop or a small texture i really appreciate it. If you are still unable to contribute...no worries . Feel free to download this and you can see how things are done. So far i have everything commented in this project and it is pretty simple too so you should be able to modify it further.
    Haha Thanks for your trust in me, guys
    Perhaps I will find a way how to contribute to the project, I'll do my best!

Perhaps I will find a way how to contribute to the project, I'll do my best!
    That's the spirit my friend!

Luminary
    I would be willing to contribute art assets. Just credit me

I do not care what license they go under just as long as other people can use them.

- HeadClot

Quote Originally Posted by HeadClot View Post
    I would be willing to contribute art assets. Just credit me

I do not care what license they go under just as long as other people can use them.
    Thank you HeadClot! Each and everyone who worked on this project will be definitely credited! Now that you mentioned about license i would like to hear what others and Epic thinks. Since this is a community project, under what license does this project and assets come in?

By the way, I just added Selection Box (Visual only. Selection of multiple actors will be added later).

Few Git related questions since this is the first time am using Git:

1: When i make a change and sync it using Git client, what do you actually call it? Committed a new change or Merged a new change or pushed/pulled a new change?

2: How can i efficiently track a changelog? Should i just add a changelog.txt and add changes there?

Samaritan

By the way, I just added Selection Box (Visual only. Selection of multiple actors will be added later).

1: When i make a change and sync it using Git client, what do you actually call it? Committed a new change or Merged a new change or pushed/pulled a new change?

2: How can i efficiently track a changelog? Should i just add a changelog.txt and add changes there?
    Nice work on the Selection Box! I'm also new to Git so i can't help you with that.

I just started going through the project and noticed that the camera can still be rotated when you're giving units new orders, should that be changed or did you intend to do that?

edit:
    I not being able to rotate the camera while having a unit selected also feels wrong, didn't you use middle mouse button to rotate in a previous version?
    Last edited by Thommie; 08-14-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Commits are done top your local files. When you are ready to sync those changes to the online repository(github), you do a Push. This will move all your local commits to the server. So I guess the apt term here would be ' Push' . Because each Push can contain multiple Commits. However git never worry about 'pushs'. For git, only the commits matter. If you look in n activity log in GitHub, it only mentions the 'commits' not the 'pushes'

So
    Syncing = Push
    Each change = Commit

We use Git where we work, and usually I just tell the guys, 'I have pushed that feature I was working on'. This is because I might have done several commits before the feature was complete.

Now 'Merging', it is only applicable when you have more than 1 working branch. Suppose you have a stable code base. Now you want two new features. YOu take care of one and another guy says he will do the otehr one. So each of you create your-own branches from the current master branch. You will work on these branches and push changes to your-own branches (just like how a tree branches out). At the end when each of you complete your work, you will merge your branch with the parent (master). And when both of you have merged your-own branches with the master, the master will have all the code:
    master = master+branch1+branch2

This is called merging. This happens when you work in parallel, and I think this is the true power of git.

Git is pretty complex at first. But there are some nice tutorials out there which will give you a good idea.
    Last edited by mindfane; 08-14-2014 at 03:13 PM.

edit:
    I not being able to rotate the camera while having a unit selected also feels wrong, didn't you use middle mouse button to rotate in a previous version?
    I have changed right mouse rotation to middle mouse rotation and pushed it to my Github. Please check it out.

I just started going through the project and noticed that the camera can still be rotated when you're giving units new orders, should that be changed or did you intend to do that?
    Hi Thommie. That behavior has changed since camera rotation is now Middle Mouse Button.

Quote Originally Posted by mindfane View Post
    Commits are done top your local files. When you are ready to sync those changes to the online repository(github), you do a Push. This will move all your local commits to the server. So I guess the apt term here would be ' Push' . Because each Push can contain multiple Commits. However git never worry about 'pushs'. For git, only the commits matter. If you look in n activity log in GitHub, it only mentions the 'commits' not the 'pushes'

So
    Syncing = Push
    Each change = Commit

We use Git where we work, and usually I just tell the guys, 'I have pushed that feature I was working on'. This is because I might have done several commits before the feature was complete.

Now 'Merging', it is only applicable when you have more than 1 working branch. Suppose you have a stable code base. Now you want two new features. YOu take care of one and another guy says he will do the otehr one. So each of you create your-own branches from the current master branch. You will work on these branches and push changes to your-own branches (just like how a tree branches out). At the end when each of you complete your work, you will merge your branch with the parent (master). And when both of you have merged your-own branches with the master, the master will have all the code:
    master = master+branch1+branch2

This is called merging. This happens when you work in parallel, and I think this is the true power of git.

Git is pretty complex at first. But there are some nice tutorials out there which will give you a good idea.
    Thank you very much mindfane. You explained it very well. I have started using the term Push.

Samaritan
    I have changed right mouse rotation to middle mouse rotation and pushed it to my Github. Please check it out.
    Hi Thommie. That behavior has changed since camera rotation is now Middle Mouse Button.
    Well then that's another problem, i redownloaded the project with github and rotation is still right mouse button.

Hi ryanjon2040,

I really like the idea of Community RTS and your concept for theme: mix of AOE and fantasy with cool magical effects would rock! I just wish it took advantage of other 3D perspectives like First-Person Perspective. My all time RTS favorite is Battlezone 1998 . I fell in love with the RTS genre because of that game. I'm highly in favor a multi-genre client like Natural Selection with even more genres available (see my blog). With the power of 3D, switching from Isometric to First-Person to Top-down, etc (ie: Nelo) would NOT be a problem for UE4... if planned for. I suffer from Ceature Freep, so don't let me distract. I would like to contribute in some form or manner when I complete my training project. Thanks for reading.
    TheGameDevStore.com | TheGameDevStore.VR: MMO + Interactive Asset Store + RPG|FPS Game Layer w/ VR Support.

Well then that's another problem, i redownloaded the project with github and rotation is still right mouse button.
    Hi Thommie. Just now i pushed a new version to my Github. It now has Dwarf character from Epic's Strategy Example and has Middle Mouse Button as rotation. Could you please download the latest version and let me know?

Quote Originally Posted by TechLord View Post
    Hi ryanjon2040,

I really like the idea of Community RTS and your concept for theme: mix of AOE and fantasy with cool magical effects would rock! I just wish it took advantage of other 3D perspectives like First-Person Perspective. My all time RTS favorite is Battlezone 1998 . I fell in love with the RTS genre because of that game. I'm highly in favor a multi-genre client like Natural Selection with even more genres available (see my blog). With the power of 3D, switching from Isometric to First-Person to Top-down, etc (ie: Nelo) would NOT be a problem for UE4... if planned for. I suffer from Ceature Freep, so don't let me distract. I would like to contribute in some form or manner when I complete my training project. Thanks for reading.
    Hi TechLord,

Thank you for the support . I do have a lot of things planned for this game (but ofcourse only with the help of community). As for multi-genre...I think i still want to stick with RTS type only (much like AOE) although i do have plans for rendering a first person view. Pretty much something like this: http://coherent-labs.com/content/upl...s_10_final.jpg. And once you finish your training project, please do come back and check this out.

New Update Screenshot:

Samaritan
    As it turns out it was my fault entirely and everything works (i'm also new to github and wasn't paying attention). Sorry for the inconvenience.

As it turns out it was my fault entirely and everything works (i'm also new to github and wasn't paying attention). Sorry for the inconvenience.
    No problem at all Thommie . Am also new to Github. Glad you got it working now. Please do post your feedback.

Samaritan
    Just downloaded your latest commits, and up next on my list is making sure you can't place buildings on top of eachother.

Just downloaded your latest commits, and up next on my list is making sure you can't place buildings on top of eachother.
    Awesome...Thanks Thommie. Just now i added selection of multiple characters (selection box) and moving them around! Am uploading a new video right now. Please check back here in a few minutes.

Video of Update #1:

EDIT: I've pushed the latest changes to Github. Please download the latest version.

Samaritan
    I've done some minor changes, those include:
    -improving grid placement
    -buildings can no longer be built on top of units or other buildings
    -both buildings and units can now be selected
    -Building_Master has been edited so it's no longer half in the ground

Available here

P.S. multiple character selection is wonderful.

Infiltrator
    Amazing idea and progress so far. I really hope to contribute something down the road.
    Unfortunately work load is making a mess of my time at the moment (freelance artist).

First off, I'd like to say this is a great idea and very ambitious. Unfortunately I'm also a noob so I won't be able to contribute very much, but I will tack in here and there.

don't know if this is just me but the selection box is functioning weird on my setup.
    The box appears -300ish pixels on the Y axis from the actual click/release, in your video it seems to be functioning perfectly.

My setup is 2 1080p monitors

Any idea on what would cause this?

Name:  BugReport.png
Views: 17971
Size:  423.4 KB
    Last edited by Brennen1350; 08-17-2014 at 10:06 PM.

I've done some minor changes, those include:
    -improving grid placement
    -buildings can no longer be built on top of units or other buildings
    -both buildings and units can now be selected
    -Building_Master has been edited so it's no longer half in the ground

Available here

P.S. multiple character selection is wonderful.
    Great Thommie. Now the question is how can I include your changes in my project? I think you need to do a Pull Request...right? Are you using Git for Windows?

Quote Originally Posted by DraganM View Post
    Amazing idea and progress so far. I really hope to contribute something down the road.
    Unfortunately work load is making a mess of my time at the moment (freelance artist).
    Its ok DraganM. I hope you can work on this project soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Brennen1350 View Post
    First off, I'd like to say this is a great idea and very ambitious. Unfortunately I'm also a noob so I won't be able to contribute very much, but I will tack in here and there.

don't know if this is just me but the selection box is functioning weird on my setup.
    The box appears -300ish pixels on the Y axis from the actual click/release, in your video it seems to be functioning perfectly.

My setup is 2 1080p monitors

Any idea on what would cause this?

Name:  BugReport.png
Views: 17971
Size:  423.4 KB
    Hi Brennen. That seems weird. I dont have any problems here. Can anyone else with 1080p monitor check this issue?

Pushed a new change to Github. Added a Landscape map. Thanks to Michal Arendt.

Infiltrator
    My last post wasn't submitted unfortunately, so here we go again, will do a short version now:

- Looking forward to contribute to this project (great idea by the way!)
    - Have been computer playing games all my life
    - Inexperienced with UnrealEngine (or game development in general)
    - Have been working in IT for financial institutions for about 8 years, doing functional testing, performance/load testing and programming in Java, JavaScript, some C, and web-development in general. So I'm very much used to thinking in/working with objects, functions, variables.
    - I am reading up on game development/engines to learn more about topics such as movement, vector math etc.
    - I like thinking up game ideas and modifications but haven't really got around to realizing them, I guess this is my chance.

So if you'll have me, I'd be happy to help with this game!

By the way, I am able to reproduce the issue reported by Brennen1350, so I will look into that in the next couple of days.

Was adding some low poly meshes for demo work (better than squares right?)
    They are not the best so I don't expect them to make it very far, hopefully someone makes some better ones.

Ran into a problem with the texturing though (and gave up for a bit).

I also wanted to test Git Hub more, turns out sync doesn't work? or at least not as I expected. For me to get your updated version I have to first delete mine then clone to desktop. Is there a better method?

Anyways I'll request a pull on github if you want em.

Name:  Meshes.png
Views: 18025
Size:  835.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by cstpsm View Post
    So if you'll have me, I'd be happy to help with this game!
    Thank you cstpsm. I need every help i can get for this.

Quote Originally Posted by cstpsm View Post
    By the way, I am able to reproduce the issue reported by Brennen1350, so I will look into that in the next couple of days.
    I just pushed a new change to RTS_HUD. Can you please check if the issue persists?

They are not the best so I don't expect them to make it very far, hopefully someone makes some better ones.

Great Brennen! Please pull a request on GitHub so i can integrate it into this project.

I also wanted to test Git Hub more, turns out sync doesn't work? or at least not as I expected. For me to get your updated version I have to first delete mine then clone to desktop. Is there a better method?
    You can use GitHub for Windows to clone this project to your PC and stay updated.

Samaritan
    Great Thommie. Now the question is how can I include your changes in my project? I think you need to do a Pull Request...right? Are you using Git for Windows?

Hi Brennen. That seems weird. I dont have any problems here. Can anyone else with 1080p monitor check this issue?
    First of all, sorry for the late answer, i forgot my password and the reset email took at least 2 hours to arrive and by then the link was invalid...

I am using Git for Windows, but i won't be able to do a pull request today (and probably not tomorrow either) but as soon as i get back i will do whatever it is that needs to be done.

I've got the same setup as Brennen and i've had no problems with anything hud related.

I had the same problem at first, then it turned out i was trying to sync my fork of the project, which hadn't been updated so nothing new showed up. You need to make sure you've got Ryanjon's and then it does work. If you go to his repository and then click clone in desktop it should open up Github for Windows and then you're all ready to go.
    Last edited by Thommie; 08-19-2014 at 01:02 AM.

My issue is that I cannot update my fork to the latest version, If I clone ryanjon's to desktop I can't update my fork with it and if I try to sync it says "no permission" which makes sense because it's your branch.

So how do I get my fork updated to the latest version of the project?

I guess I will request a pull of my out dated version (with the models until I figure this out.

First of all, sorry for the late answer, i forgot my password and the reset email took at least 2 hours to arrive and by then the link was invalid...

I am using Git for Windows, but i won't be able to do a pull request today (and probably not tomorrow either) but as soon as i get back i will do whatever it is that needs to be done.

I've got the same setup as Brennen and i've had no problems with anything hud related.

I had the same problem at first, then it turned out i was trying to sync my fork of the project, which hadn't been updated so nothing new showed up. You need to make sure you've got Ryanjon's and then it does work. If you go to his repository and then click clone in desktop it should open up Github for Windows and then you're all ready to go.

I tend to use Atlassian Source Tree (its free) instead of Github for Windows. I feel that Github for Windows is pretty basic and glitchy at times.

When you want the latest code from the repository, you should do a Pull. This will bring new changes taht happened in the server version into your local copy. I thought 'Sync' in Github for Windows was supposed to do this. But it turns out that it does one thing in addition. Instead of just pulling the code from sever, Sync check to see if you have any local changes that the sever does not and if that is the case, it will try to upload (push) your own chaghes to server as well. This may not be what you always want.

So I think you might want to use the git shell instead. In the shell, simply do a pull and that will make sure changes made in the server are now in your local copy as well.

However if you intend to work on a fork, instead of working directly on ryanjon's git repository, you will need to setup an upstream:

Check this link for details. Make sure you read the commenst for the3 answer. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-parent-in-git

Sadly you will need to use the shell for this.
    Last edited by mindfane; 08-19-2014 at 01:52 AM.

Ok so i received a pull request from Brennen1350 but it doesn't show up on Git client am using.

Or do i have to manually accept them through Github site?

I tend to use Atlassian Source Tree (its free) instead of Github for Windows. I feel that Github for Windows is pretty basic and glitchy at times.
    Hi mindfane...Which one do you recommend?

Ok so i received a pull request from Brennen1350 but it doesn't show up on Git client am using.

Or do i have to manually accept them through Github site?
    Goto the site.

Hi mindfane...Which one do you recommend?
    I tend to like Source Tree more. However I had always used either the command line tool (git shell) or Egit from within Eclipse IDE. I am new to both Github for Windows and Source Tree. But from a technical point of view Source Tree seems more familiar to how I used Git so far.

PS: Egit (eclispe plugin) is the easiest way to work with Git so far. The commands all seem to make more sense. But it is not relevent here (although I managed to do commit, merge, psuh.. to my Unreal fork using it). But keeping eclispe just for managing Git repository is not idea.

Unreal Engine has built-in source control right? Haven't tried it yet, but it seems to support perforce..having this work right from the editor would be great for projects like this.
    I am talking about this: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...rol/index.html

UPDATE: Has anyone tried this: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...rovider-Plugin
    Last edited by mindfane; 08-19-2014 at 02:36 AM.

Tried merging Brennen1350's pull request and had a conflict with Test_Map.uasset. But lol...I dont know what i did (some commands via Git Powershell) but now i have his new Static Meshes on my PC.

EDIT: After merging, it removed all my newly created AI Blueprints.

Unreal Engine has built-in source control right? Haven't tried it yet, but it seems to support perforce..having this work right from the editor would be great for projects like this.
    I am talking about this: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...rol/index.html
    Yup am using SVN.

Saw that but didnt tried it yet.

By the way if anyone wants to try out SVN source control for this project, then please give me your Email address via PM. I can then invite you to join to my CloudForge project.

NOTE: Please use it ONLY to check in Blueprints. Please DO NOT add any other stuffs like meshes, maps etc. Space is limited.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Tried merging Brennen1350's pull request and had a conflict with Test_Map.uasset. But lol...I dont know what i did (some commands via Git Powershell) but now i have his new Static Meshes on my PC.

EDIT: After merging, it removed all my newly created AI Blueprints.
    Did you commit your local changes and pushed them to server before the merging?

lol, i'm sorry about your AI blueprints.

Maybe you could make a separate branch just for test commits, for us newbs.
    You might have to manually transfer the assets over this way.

Personally I'm not liking github too much, I'm willing to adapt too it but my experiences with SVN's like Subversion or even sharing via drop box has been 10 fold better.
    Kind of annoying how you can only do somethings in the command prompt, somethings in the desktop gui, and somethings on the website. I need consolidation I guess.

Anyways I'm re-UV mapping the house mesh right now and I'll texture it sometime tomorrow. I was also thinking about how other popular RTS's building systems work.
    We could have like a 3-4 mesh system, 1 for placement and then 2-3 for construction that change as the production is completed and then 1 for the final production (or more that could be randomly selected for variance).

I don't think I'm going to continue work on the lighthouse, as it was more of a background map prop anyways.

(I also not only accept all criticisms but am begging for them, I don't know if I'm adhering to the correct standards/doing stuff wrong and if any one can give any advice it would be greatly appreciated)
    Last edited by Brennen1350; 08-19-2014 at 03:55 AM.

Github is very powerful and the way branches work in git is much more refiend than in SVN (I am using both). But you are right SVN is a bit more simple to learn. The need for switching between Shell and GUI stems from the fact that the GUI tool is not comphrehesive enough. Thats why I started to use Source Tree recently. It supports much more options and branch management is way better than Github For Windows.

Also to anyone new to GitHub, dont forget about the Network Graph. That is a powerful feature of GitHub where you can see what each branch is doing and how much code your branch has..

I also advice you to work with multiple branches. Create a new branch for each new feature (or each user) and work the branch. Once it feels like done, merge it to the master branch. In the current proejct I am wokring on (not a game project and its fully code), each programmer has his-own branch. We do not make changes to another persons branch. However if i feel like I want someone elses code in my branch, I will simply checkout that user's branch and merge it into mine. At the end of the week, we merge all our branches to the master. And on the start of next week, each person will merge the master back into their own individual branch so everyone has the latest code, and start working from that.

Anyways I'm re-UV mapping the house mesh right now and I'll texture it sometime tomorrow. I was also thinking about how other popular RTS's building systems work.
    We could have like a 3-4 mesh system, 1 for placement and then 2-3 for construction that change as the production is completed and then 1 for the final production (or more that could be randomly selected for variance).
    I think in tropico when you create a farm, they are simply putting the plants below the map surface and move them up and scale up size with time (with vertex shader proabaly). Ofcourse this may notwork for Buildings, where we should see super structure (pillars, truss..) during the bulding process. So in that case it is more apt to use multiple meshes liek you said, I think.

Did you commit your local changes and pushed them to server before the merging?
    Nope.

No worries mate . They were just basic and i've already re-created them and i'll push them in a few minutes.

Anyways I'm re-UV mapping the house mesh right now and I'll texture it sometime tomorrow.
    Awesome. Cant wait to see them textured . I request you to follow this kind of art style. Thats what am aiming for.

Yes. Thats how i did it in my old video.

I also advice you to work with multiple branches. Create a new branch for each new feature (or each user) and work the branch. Once it feels like done, merge it to the master branch. In the current proejct I am wokring on (not a game project and its fully code), each programmer has his-own branch. We do not make changes to another persons branch. However if i feel like I want someone elses code in my branch, I will simply checkout that user's branch and merge it into mine. At the end of the week, we merge all our branches to the master. And on the start of next week, each person will merge the master back into their own individual branch so everyone has the latest code, and start working from that.
    Ok so should i create a new branch for Thommie and Brennen1350?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast