UE4 Can do anything - And how I used it to Propose to my Girlfriend

Long story short, I wanted a unique way to propose to my Girlfriend. So I purchased some assets from another site, and being in sort of a time crunch I modified some of Couch Knights. So what I did is changed Couch Knights to be a 3rd Person game, and set it up to use my 360 controller. The DPad was used for Zooming In and Out, and the Left Analog drove the character movement, while the Right Analog controlled the camera. Keeping all of the functionality that was already provided I didn’t really have to remap any of the other controls.

So from there I made a quick landscape from WorldMachine, and used some of the assets bought from the store and a few of the trees provided from Speedtree I made a quick map. I had intended to go farther and do more with gameplay but at the time I was working on I was super swamped with work so I was strapped for time. So instead I simply had the character spawn in front of a house at night time and laid out some light posts to add light. Moving from there I had a series of the blueprint info screens pop up when approached that would explain the character controls. With the last one asking her to Marry Me (In which I gave her the ring IRL).

So from there I pretty much convinced her to play test a “prototype” of a game I was working on and explained to her to follow the path and it will show her how to play. From there she proceeded down the path seeing what is basically a tutorial. Not expecting what she would do, she did indeed move away from the path and just started exploring world that was mostly incomplete (again time strapped) and I had to tell her that she had to proceed down the path first since they were based on triggers so that she could go to the next step or else her character would die (So what… I fibbed a little bit). Anyways so got back on track and reached the last tutorial bit and is basically what it looked like.

https://www.dropbox/s/k18tqdmd2r2ekih/Proposal.png

I will try and upload a video tonight, or tommorow xD

EDIT: Video is uploaded now. It will be available when its done rendering.

https://vimeo/102993212

Wow. Now that is what I call, “Freakin Awesome!”

But! What did she say?

[=;114294]
Wow. Now that is what I call, “Freakin Awesome!”

But! What did she say?
[/]

Oh!DUH! During my excitement of writing I totally forgot to say… SHE SAID YES! lol

That’s extremely cool! Congratulations on your engagement!

Hahaha…Thats AWESOME!! Congrats . May God Bless You Both. :slight_smile:

EDIT: I’ve posted on my Facebook. :slight_smile:

made my day… the result made it even better! Kudos chap! Well played indeed.

Thanks all! Video is uploaded now. Just needs to be rendered. Once its done it should be viewable :slight_smile:

Haha, nice idea!

Congrats!

:smiley: Nice idea. Congratulations!!

Congratulations !

Haha! Nice. Congratulations! :slight_smile:

I’ve always thought would be a fantastic way to propose. Congratulations fella! :wink:

thats rad, Congrats!

Haha! Nice. Congratulations!

Congratulations! That is so touching!

Whoa awesome! Congrats! :smiley:

Nice work, and congratulations ! Well played sir, well played indeed! :smiley:

Haha, congratulations! is definitely unique :smiley:

Haha! Congratulations :smiley:

Lovely stuff! :smiley: <3 God Bless you both! xxxx