Game Project: First Steps , Capture Points

Hey,

I had a great game idea and atm I’m making the first steps for this game project.
Bought the UE4 2 weeks ago and I’m still in the “learning phase”. I’m doing this in addition to my occupation as software developer, therefore I don’t have much time for ue4 (but coding 24/7 is acutally great fun :> )

Until now,I 've written / created 15 sites for my Game Design / requirements and so on (no end in sight). I actually have good knowledge about what it needs and takes to create this game.

I don’t wanna bore you with any long game description, I’ll just show you what I’ve got until now.

It’s actually not that much, because I spent more time on learning how to create levels, blueprints, and especially 3D models via blender and already realized years ago (did some Game Dev w/o engines) that I’m definitely the worst artist ever seen :>
and sooner or later I’ll need an artist on my side anyway.

Here, is my low qualy video, where you can see that it’s possible to caputre a capture point with the ue4 character. The capture points are independent to each other, so any capture point which will be placed on the map is captureable by a character, it also doesn’t matter if you leave the capture area while capturing a capture point, the capture progress will stop until you re-enter the capture radius,
The capture progress is displayed by a blue capture bar (on the top). If you fully captured a capture point, a blue text on the top-left corner will appear, which tells you that your team has captured the capture point (by default it’ team blue if there isn’t another team on the map)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1Tbtu0AAJf8

It’s actually not that much right now, but I’ll try to invest more time, using and learning ue4, to accelerate the progress of the game :>

~Slei

Very Cool!

Hero Battle :o

You’re right!
I’m trying to resurrect Hero Battle from Guild Wars :>

I loved it. I played it all day before it wars removed from Guild Wars
good luck with this project :wink:

me too. Hero Battle was awesome :slight_smile:
thanks!

Great to see that your project is making progress :smiley:
Best of luck for the future! :wink:

thank you ! :smiley:

Hello there , it’s nice to see some Guild Wars players here ^^
What are you trying to achieve with this game ? What is the goal and the concept and how far will it go ? :slight_smile:

Well, I’m trying to ressurect the PvP Mode Hero Battle(HB) from Guild Wars, because there isn’t any equalent Game or PvP mode out there like Hb
The Guild Wars 2 PvP is a little bit similar , but instead of using AI you play with a real players (I don’t like this at all )

A lot of old Guild Wars players complaint about this removal of this mode (I’m one of them :>), therefore it was always a great idea to rebuild the mode by my self.
I’m trying to create a Game with this Hero Battle PvP mode and make it more competitive and ofc finish it with a indiegogo/kickstarter crowdfunding.
It’s not sure if it will be f2p, p2p , but I think until the Beta tests , I have time for this :stuck_out_tongue:

~Slei

This is perfect! Any chance you’d be able to PM me and let me know how you were able to get that to work? I’m a student trying to submit a game for my Final Game Project and the team and I are trying to create control points but we have no idea how to do that. Even a screenshot would suffice. Any help is help, thanks man!

Got any tutorials maybe?