User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 72

Thread: **Now Available** New Release: Effects Cave Showcase

  1. #1
    0
    Unreal Engine Developer
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    30

    Post **Now Available** New Release: Effects Cave Showcase

    **UPDATE** The Effects Cave is now LIVE in Marketplace! Thanks for your patience. Everyone enjoy!

    Folks who have been doing their homework on GPU particle systems in UE4 may have noticed the Effects Showcase referenced in UE4 documentation. Great news – today all UE4 subscribers can download this pretty content from Marketplace for free!

    Epic’s senior FX artist Tim Elek crafted all the particle systems, water decals and effects work in the showcase. “This project showcases UE4’s new GPU particle features, with the goal of illustrating how we leverage GPU systems when creating atmosphere for a high-quality environment,” he explains.

    To demonstrate a range of elements, the warm and tropical cave interior is juxtaposed with icy, blizzard-like conditions just outside the cavern.

    “GPU particle techniques include extensive use of vector fields, particle collisions, and the size by speed module, coupled with high-density emission rates.”

    Epic environment artist Paul Svoboda completed the environment work in terms of meshing, lighting, post-process and environment materials. Senior character artist Mark Morgan modeled and textured the demon sculpture by the bridge, and senior cinematic designer Michael Clausen directed the cinematic camerawork.

    Please share any feedback, questions and suggestions below!

    Reference:
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...cts/index.html

  2. #2

  3. #3
    0
    "Today all UE4 subscribers can download this pretty content from Marketplace for free!"

    Has it already launched? I was getting a weird VC error so I re-installed Unreal Engine but when I log-in, Effects Cave is still coming soon.
    KITATUS
    "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

  4. #4
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Voliva View Post
    Folks who have been doing their homework on GPU particle systems in UE4 may have noticed the Effects Showcase referenced in UE4 documentation. Great news – today all UE4 subscribers can download this pretty content from Marketplace for free!

    Epic’s senior FX artist Tim Elek crafted all the particle systems, water decals and effects work in the showcase. “This project showcases UE4’s new GPU particle features, with the goal of illustrating how we leverage GPU systems when creating atmosphere for a high-quality environment,” he explains.

    To demonstrate a range of elements, the warm and tropical cave interior is juxtaposed with icy, blizzard-like conditions just outside the cavern.

    “GPU particle techniques include extensive use of vector fields, particle collisions, and the size by speed module, coupled with high-density emission rates.”

    Epic environment artist Paul Svoboda completed the environment work in terms of meshing, lighting, post-process and environment materials. Senior character artist Mark Morgan modeled and textured the demon sculpture by the bridge, and senior cinematic designer Michael Clausen directed the cinematic camerawork.

    Please share any feedback, questions and suggestions below!

    Reference:
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...cts/index.html
    It's not appearing on my end, (Scotland)

  5. #5
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by KitatusStudios View Post
    "Today all UE4 subscribers can download this pretty content from Marketplace for free!"

    Has it already launched? I was getting a weird VC error so I re-installed Unreal Engine but when I log-in, Effects Cave is still coming soon.
    Same here.

    Then again, Realistic Rendering Demo also took quite some while before it was showing up for me... Guess we have to be patient a little bit more...

  6. #6
    0
    Promoter
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    189
    Still can't see it here - Germany.

  7. #7
    0
    I'm less than 20 mins away from EPIC in NC and I can't see it yet :P No need to stress it will be up.

  8. #8
    0
    Unreal Engine Developer
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    30
    Hey guys!

    Just wanted to give you a heads up that we are expecting this up on the Marketplace for you soon. Apologies for keeping you waiting!

  9. #9
    0
    Samaritan
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    85
    can't wait!

  10. #10
    0
    Has anyone got his hands on this yet?

  11. #11
    0
    Samaritan

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    121
    Fantastic! Can't wait for this.
    Full Time UE4 Tutor! www.tesla-dev.com
    Watch, Learn & Create using my tutorials here: *https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...8Zjziv4gUqjLZ_*

  12. #12
    0
    Oh, tomorrow then...

  13. #13
    0
    Still not there for me... anybody else got it yet?

    (Not to sound greedy or anything )
    Fully dynamic Time of Day System blueprint: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...e-of-Day-Setup Download it for free now!

  14. #14
    0
    I don't have it yet, either. (Or my shirt, for that matter), lol.

  15. #15
    0
    Samaritan
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    102
    You guys are such heroes or as some would say... simply epic.

  16. #16
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro1n View Post
    You guys are such heroes or as some would say... simply epic.
    that pun was so unreal.

  17. #17
    0
    Guys give it to me now !!! Can't wait any longer LOL

  18. #18
    0
    Samaritan
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    85
    Theron ,oh you too! .Try to create something in BluePrint while waiting ,that helps me

  19. #19
    0
    Supporter
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2
    Thanks!

    You guys have been on fire with the content updates, and posts on the homepage. Keep up the great work!


  20. #20
    0
    5 pm over here and i dont see it, but its cool that the effects demo is out.

  21. #21
    0
    Samaritan
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    85
    1.05 am in my country , after 6 hourse I have to go to work! still no caves ,no effects...

  22. #22
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Korben View Post
    1.05 am in my country , after 6 hourse I have to go to work! still no caves ,no effects...
    **UPDATE** We are working to get this live on Marketplace as soon as possible! We're sorry for jumping the gun with the post and will let everyone know here and on the blog when it's live. We really appreciate how enthusiastic you guys are to download this!
    Seems like they're trying to fix the switch, so to speak.
    Last edited by RikimaruKF; 04-10-2014 at 05:29 PM.

  23. #23
    0
    I... can't... WAIT!

    Haha, just kidding I'll be patient. SUPER excited for this though!

  24. #24
    0
    Don't worry Epic, we can wait I'm sure it'll be worth it!
    Fully dynamic Time of Day System blueprint: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...e-of-Day-Setup Download it for free now!

  25. #25
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gregdumb View Post
    Don't worry Epic, we can wait I'm sure it'll be worth it!
    Dont say that! I can't wait

  26. #26
    0
    Samaritan
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    85
    gregdumb ,please don't speak for whole community cuz we can't wait...so excited ,I really need snow storm for my project...so excited ,so excited...

  27. #27
    0
    Samaritan
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    105
    Nice to see such an enthusiasm. But c'mon guys be patient! You get your hands on it soon enough ;-)
    Wannabe Artist & Developer @DizcoDev

  28. #28
    0
    Samaritan
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    85
    "never can be soon enough" (c) Korben
    Last edited by Korben; 04-10-2014 at 05:48 PM.

  29. #29
    0
    Supporter
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7
    Amazing what you guys are doing for the community

  30. #30
    0
    Samaritan
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    85
    I guess the right form should be "Amazing what you guys are doing with community"

    (for those who didn't get it ...I was just kidding)
    Last edited by Korben; 04-10-2014 at 06:01 PM.

  31. #31
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Korben View Post
    gregdumb ,please don't speak for whole community cuz we can't wait...so excited ,I really need snow storm for my project...so excited ,so excited...
    But if they need to fix the marketplace because it's not working, there's nothing we can do about it... that's one of the reasons why they do these releases. They are setting up their marketplace system. So the more problems they fix now, the closer it gets to making community content a reality! Or so I would assume...

    But anyway, let me rephrase myself: I can wait, because we should get a better product in the end. Sound better?
    Fully dynamic Time of Day System blueprint: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...e-of-Day-Setup Download it for free now!

  32. #32
    0
    Since I am still waiting and got bored:

    Last edited by order66; 04-10-2014 at 06:41 PM.

  33. #33

  34. #34
    0
    Infiltrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    18
    very very very coooolllllll

  35. #35
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LexLuthor1 View Post
    Downloadinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
    Yup, it's there! Downloading!
    Fully dynamic Time of Day System blueprint: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...e-of-Day-Setup Download it for free now!

  36. #36
    0
    100% newbie question here.. what's the best way to import one of the assets from the cave (or the other samples) to a blank/empty new level?

  37. #37
    0
    Awesooooome! I know what I'll be doin tonight.

  38. #38
    0
    Awesome thank you EPIC. Downloading now!

  39. #39
    0
    Just took a look - absolutely amazing!

  40. #40
    0
    Woooooooooow... "the Cave" it's PURE ART!!! beautifull and inspiring!! SUBLIME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •