Unreal Pong

I made a simple Pong clone, in order to get used to working with UE4. The logic is done entirely in Blueprints:

Great job, is what everybody should be starting with, not MMO’s and FPS Survival games!

Oh yeah, good ole pong.

we need tutorial of great game)

[=Meltdown;15283]
Great job, is what everybody should be starting with, not MMO’s and FPS Survival games!
[/]

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

100% agree with Meltdown. :smiley:

Very cool! would make a great Blueprint tutorial!

Great Job! The next step is add blood and explosions :smiley:
Nah, really, the world needs a tutorial of the Unreal Pong Woz.

P.S: & we need a kickstarter to make a statue of Meltdown for his very great xDD

Thanks for all the positive comments! I really appreciate them.

I definitely agree, starting with something simple let me get the basics down without getting too caught up in too many details. I actually learned quite a bit in a relatively short amount of time from doing this. For example, take Pawns and Controllers; both paddles use the same pawn blueprint, and each one is just possessed by a PlayerController or an AIController as needed. is a pretty simple use case, but it allowed me to start getting the hang of things and be comfortable working with the engine.

If I have time over the next few days, I’ll try and put together a tutorial of how I made it.

You cannot be a game designer/developer until you have experienced Pong! :slight_smile:

You should add awesome particle effects and make some kind of Hyper Pong.

Nice!

I have absolutely no experience in game development as was looking to make something simple like pong or space invaders as my first game to learn the ropes.

Is there any way you could upload the files of your version of pong, will help me and others learn.

Thanks.

That’s cool! Love the idea of one of the first video games running in UE4. Slightly overkill :slight_smile:

I like it! You should increase the ball speed slightly every bounce. Also I would love to see a 3D Pong.

is really great, :slight_smile: would you consider making a tutorial explaining how you made your version of Pong? I would gladly feature it on our Wiki!

Fantastic! I’d also love to see turned into a video tutorial to help our newcomers.

[=Woz;16518]
Thanks for all the positive comments! I really appreciate them.

I definitely agree, starting with something simple let me get the basics down without getting too caught up in too many details. I actually learned quite a bit in a relatively short amount of time from doing this. For example, take Pawns and Controllers; both paddles use the same pawn blueprint, and each one is just possessed by a PlayerController or an AIController as needed. is a pretty simple use case, but it allowed me to start getting the hang of things and be comfortable working with the engine.

If I have time over the next few days, I’ll try and put together a tutorial of how I made it.
[/]

Have you had a to put some notes together or a short video? It would be extremely appreciated in the community!