Marketplace Content - What would you like to see from the community?

As you guys know, Marketplace is already a great place to get tons of free content from Epic (and as of today, Mixamo!), and it will become a place for the community to buy and sell assets of all sorts as it grows an evolves. We are working really hard to make sure that it is the best that it can possibly be.

I want to start a discussion to see what sort of things you all hope to see built out by developers and made available. Myself? I’d love to have access to Shader/Material Packs, Landscapes, Dynamic Skyboxes, and the Level Designer in me reaaaallly wants modular asset packs available for purchase.

So what do you want to see the community put out on the Marketplace?

4 Likes

Definitely modular asset packs are a must and my favourites.
Modular dungeon crawler type tunnels that are straight, 45deg bends, 90deg bends, so you can just drag and drop and make your own level.

I’ll be putting together a structural steel modular pack (for free!) with Universal Columns, Universal Beams with baseplates, connection plates and bolts (all engineer approved!:P) welded trusses so people can just drop them in place and create sheds, warehouses, etc.
I also will be putting in steel stair cases, spiral, ship ladders, monowills handrailing (all to the code for a realistic look).
Sneak peak at where it’s at -

2 Likes

I’m really looking forward to shader/material packs as well. As someone who struggles with anything graphical (I have literally no artistic talents), I’m interested in those things, high quality assets. I’d really like to see something like what has - I believe it’s part of the core now, but it started as the Universal Character Creator as a community asset. Basically it streamlined the process of creating characters (rigged and ready to stick on existing animations, since everything shares the same bones/rig). I’d love something similar, I need (for my own purposes) to be able to generate a lot of slightly different looking units, so something like that would be and I’d love extra content to be easy to just plug in/drop in to it.

I’d love to see (although it may be more along the lines of things with material packs) some much more focused/diverse assets for things ‘every’ game needs, grass, rocks, , dirt paths, snow, etc.

I also look forward to complete drop in assets for whole systems like Time of Day + Dynamic Weather, and I look forward to seeing the for-profit communities work on things like alternative GI solutions.

I’d also like to suggest the marketplace be presented in a way that you can exclude/restrict to projects that are completely C++, completely blueprints or a mix of the two. It should be very easy to distinguish these things before a purchase or a download so that for example a C++ only user won’t waste his time with blueprint only assets or vice versa.

2 Likes

fps templates similar to some of 's where you can drag and drop models/materials and use the animations provided very easily, one in particular is called ufps: ultimate FPSwww.assetstore.unity3d./en/#!/content/2943, that would be incredible to see in UE4.

Also just user content in general would be nice to see. Maybe blueprints where people just ask for donations since they can easily be copied.

Really just anything to make the main type of games people tend to make a lot easier and quicker.

2 Likes

TechLord the UMECH is just an idea… has it been made?

Also vegetation would be great.

2 Likes

That’s what I would like to see :slight_smile:

-Vegetation
-Texture + Material Pack

2 Likes

And because we all want different things, I would like office and interior assets. :slight_smile:

I’d like to see
> Vegetation
> Weapons
> Buildings (especially all kinds of houses)
> HD textures and materials
> some finished scripts e.g. an inventory system

Summarized: I’d like the marketplace to become similar to the Asset Store :stuck_out_tongue:

-> Animations, Animation packs. I have no idea how they can be implemented because there is no common Rig for as does.

-> Modular assets. Different thematic. cities, scifi, interiors, post apoc, etc

-> Solutions / frameworks / plugins like a Dialogue System, for saying something.

@ I think would be a good sticky thread so that people which want to create content for the marketplace know what people are looking for :slight_smile: (I could make it sticky, but I think is’t better to ask you first :p)

Some more useful stuff:

-sound package (forest sounds, … )
-medieval weapon pack
-as Alexarg already mentioned -> modular assets!!!

I am going to be selling some high quality textures/materials.
I am looking forward most to modular assets!

Free materials contributions and some complete template projects free and not free.

Material packages tops our list.

We can build anything we want in a reasonable amount of time but coming up with the perfect material is by far the most time consuming vampire as part of the build process.

Animation packages, in FBX source of course, would be second on the list.

Overall common build elements sorted into share based folders easy to catalog. The most annoying thing about asset collecting is not knowing what you already have or browse a properly formatted content folder.

If we can buy something that does not require reinventing the wheel the more the better.

An Internet based asset management application would be nice as well. for example would be a perfect solution if it could access and make use of an Internet connected asset server.

[=;109420]
@

-sound package (forest sounds, … )

I’m glad someone mentioned Audio! Totally something I’d love to see show up as well.

[=;109420]
@ I think would be a good sticky thread so that people which want to create content for the marketplace know what people are looking for :slight_smile: (I could make it sticky, but I think is’t better to ask you first :p)

Let’s do it :slight_smile:

[=;109494]
Let’s do it :slight_smile:

Ok, :smiley:

• Envrio packs, (as in Store),
  • Characters with animations!
  • Player hands for FPP and weapons, (it’s really hard to find one)
  • Particles,
  • Materials with textures,
  • Sounds,
  • UI gfx,
  • Plugins / Blueprints with some functionality (for example gesture system or minimap or fog of war)

It would be really nice to get promotions with mixed content - for example dungeon envrio pack (from artist X), fantasy weapon pack (from artist Y), fantasy characters (from artist Z), sounds etc - one big pack from different publishers but with price drop. I don’t know if can be but I would like to buy stuff like that in Store.

btw which version are you targeting to open Marketplace to publish some stuff?

Hi my idea would be to make the Market Place more like Steam.

Then we can also sell our games on it not just assets!

(Or at least the market place would deal with the financials and infrastructure and we would sell the games on our own websites).

What do you think of ? :D/

1 Like

I’d love to see more plugins and macros/function libraries that makes stuffs easier in Blueprints. Also newer projects too that gives a head start for new users (like RPG Kit, Racer Kit etc). :slight_smile:

I’m more interested in editor extensions than content. Particularly things for in-editor level design like these:

ProCore series: ://…/user/TheSixBySevenStudio/videos
Mega series: ://…/user/Gawaine1066/videos
TerrainComposer: ://…/?v=rau5EBO84gU
Voxeland: ://…/?v=Y43WI3mlRWo
EasyRoads3D: ://…/user/unityterraintools/videos