Hotfix 4.3.1 is Live!

7/29/2014 Hotfix 4.3.1

The 4.3.1 Hotfix is now live. Please make sure to remove any Applabels from the target parameter if you had used one previously to opt into the Preview.

**4.3.1 Fixes: **

Fixed: Japanese Localization
Fixed: PIE with Box BSP affected by Radial Force Actor WorldStatic
Fixed: PC to iOS workflow doesn’t properly sign IPAs for distribution
Fixed: menu windows do not open when ‘Enable Window Animations’ is enabled
Fixed: Landscape Spline: Content created with 4.2 Crashes with 4.3
Fixed: only first UV channel is usable other channels are broken and textures will not be mapped
Fixed: Morpheus crashes on init

Awesome as soon at the UT UE4 is done compiling shaders definitely going to update

[= ;107526]
7/29/2014 Hotfix 4.3.1

The 4.3.1 Hotfix is now live. Please make sure to remove any Applabels from the target parameter if you had used one previously to opt into the Preview.

**4.3.1 Fixes: **

Fixed: Japanese Localization
Fixed: PIE with Box BSP affected by Radial Force Actor WorldStatic
Fixed: PC to iOS workflow doesn’t properly sign IPAs for distribution
Fixed: menu windows do not open when ‘Enable Window Animations’ is enabled
Fixed: Landscape Spline: Content created with 4.2 Crashes with 4.3
Fixed: only first UV channel is usable other channels are broken and textures will not be mapped
Fixed: Morpheus crashes on init
[/]

Forgive me for the stupid question but I just started programming in C++ with UE 4. I was wondering when the new versions of UE4 comes up does it automatically update the C++ part of it or do I have to get on GitHub and down load the newest version? When I was just using Blueprints it was easy to keep up with the newest versions of the engine. Again sorry for the newbie question.

The launcher doesn’t update itself to 4.3.1 for me. I’m still stuck at 4.3.1. My account(PLAN) is active and the next is due @ [FONT=Lucida Grande]Next [FONT=Lucida Grande]08/06/2014

Unreal Staff, Just a quick question that’s unclear. Does the 4.3 version on github have the fix included already (as their is no 4.3.1 version on there, Only 4.4 Preview and 4.3 that hasnt been updated for a week or so)?

[=KingBadger3D;108292]
Unreal Staff, Just a quick question that’s unclear. Does the 4.3 version on github have the fix included already (as their is no 4.3.1 version on there, Only 4.4 Preview and 4.3 that hasnt been updated for a week or so)?
[/]

Here is the correct tag:

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/tree/4.3.1-release

You can see that the commits needed for this release happened on July 22nd, which is 9 days ago:

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commits/4.3.1-release

It has obviously been spending the rest of the time in testing etc.

[=;108222]
The launcher doesn’t update itself to 4.3.1 for me. I’m still stuck at 4.3.1. My account(PLAN) is active and the next is due @ [FONT=Lucida Grande]Next [FONT=Lucida Grande]08/06/2014
[/]

Hi , I am a bit confused when you say you can’t update to 4.3.1 because you are stuck at 4.3.1. It sounds like you have already updated. :slight_smile:

If you are referring to being on the 4.3.1 Preview, then remember to modify your shortcut properties and remove the “applabel” info you added to opt in.

Still no Quit/Exit & back button handling on Android builds? :frowning: Is this something still planned for? If so which version 4.3.2, 4.4, later :frowning: ?

[=aussieburger;108407]
Still no Quit/Exit & back button handling on Android builds? :frowning: Is this something still planned for? If so which version 4.3.2, 4.4, later :frowning: ?
[/]

Hi Aussieburger,

The Android back button has been mapped as EControllerButtons::SpecialLeft since CL# 2045519 (April). CL# 2191729 (July, should be part of 4.4) adds an alias key binding Android_Back if you want to be explicit about it.

Cheers,
Noland

[= Noland;108531]
Hi Aussieburger,

The Android back button has been mapped as EControllerButtons::SpecialLeft since CL# 2045519 (April). CL# 2191729 (July, should be part of 4.4) adds an alias key binding Android_Back if you want to be explicit about it.

Cheers,
Noland
[/]

Awesome thanks for this info!

Question I can’t seem to find (it’s probably in a million places) can I uninstall the previous versions on unreal engine? (like 4.1, 4.2)

Any words on Oculus Rift SDK 0.4.0 support?
Thanks for this great engine :slight_smile:

[=QBert;108738]
Question I can’t seem to find (it’s probably in a million places) can I uninstall the previous versions on unreal engine? (like 4.1, 4.2)
[/]

Yo QBert, try this from your launcher:

[=piinecone;108898]
Yo QBert, try this from your launcher:

[/]

Ah yes sorry what I meant was do I need these previous versions anymore to run the latest one?
Or I can just uninstall them now?

Hi QBert,

If you’re wanting to use 4.3.1 you do not need 4.2.1 or any previous version to run it. If you have projects that were created in these versions of the engine, if/when you go to open them with 4.3 it will ask you to convert the project to be compatible.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask! :slight_smile:

[= Ellis;108380]
Hi , I am a bit confused when you say you can’t update to 4.3.1 because you are stuck at 4.3.1. It sounds like you have already updated. :slight_smile:

If you are referring to being on the 4.3.1 Preview, then remember to modify your shortcut properties and remove the “applabel” info you added to opt in.
[/]

Sorry my bad I’m stuck at 4.3.0 It won’t update to 4.3.1 for me. Up till now I’m still on 4.3.0… Is there anything I can do to force the update? I haven’t used any applabel info on the shortcut or anything.

**EDIT: **It’s updating now I just see that I have to update 4.3.0 manual from the library menu. Didn’t notice the “update” button/function at all.

[=;109914]
**EDIT: **It’s updating now I just see that I have to update 4.3.0 manual from the library menu. Didn’t notice the “update” button/function at all.
[/]

Awesome. I’m glad you figured it out.

4.3.1 seems to have broken Google Play Services again. With google play services turned on it crashes on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 - when it’s turned off it works fine… Guess I will have to roll back to 4.3.0 again.

Hi ,

Can you post this on the answerhub at http://anwers.unrealengine.com? Thank you!

[= ;114192]
Hi ,

Can you post this on the answerhub at http://anwers.unrealengine.com? Thank you!
[/]

I was just editing the post. After restarting the game on my tablet for 21 times it seems to work now. Must have been a failure on the google play services support. It seems the way UE4 handles it now is to just crash the game/application. Can’t there be a fallback/callback function for this? Like when it can’t connect try a reconnect and if it still fails just skip the Google Play Services Login ?