AQP City - a first look to this virtual country

Hi people!

This is my project based on GTA, NFS and Assassins creed, a new Style of game, a big Story with a nice city.

We’re building a fictional virtual world based in my city (Arequipa-Peru) with everything there: forests, deserts, beaches, volcanoes and a nice city.

the game is still in early development (for more than 3 years from UDK and exported now to UE4, our original plan)

We are a group of environment artists and we love UE4, is a very flexible graphics engine and now we will demonstrate his power in question to Open Worlds (Sandbox).

I need your help, AQP City will go to IndieGoGo to get important tools for develop this game, we also implement functionality with Oculus Rift and a potential version of Android

AQP City IndieGoGo campaign

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10516835_647603485309227_7754016493393722213_n.jpg

PERKS
Access to the alpha, beta, final version of the game When Ready
Animated 3D Models-augmented reality (Vehicles, weapons and game characters)
your name in the game, as you wish.
Content made ​​for yourself in the game
Your favorite song in the game.
exclusive content
and more … Look at the list of perks we selected for you.

Litle Video:

https://www…com/watch?v=v5C0XF2UpTA

*the vehicles (the logos and models are property of their respective owners) in this video are being used only for demonstration, will suffer severe changes and modifications. this is not the final result of game.

Screens of our development:

New: 02/07/14

(Vehicles and MAP are subject to change and modification, this is not the final result of game, yeahh (c))

Update 28/06/14

Work In progress

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/39308_600698946666348_1882811977_n.png

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/1619554_577077789028464_842488354_n.jpg

AQPtest.jpg

map.jpg

car.jpg

10157391_705188076189376_193328253_n.jpg

Astonm.jpg

mormnin3.jpg

mormnin3.jpg

hope you like it. thanks

It’s looking great so far! I can see the slow and steady progression of style and art. You and your team are improving well over time! My current piece of advice would be to not base your world to closely with something that exists that it could be compared too(It totally reminds me of GTA V in almost every screenshot), So try to find a style of art and direction that’s a little more unqiue to what you want to depict maybe? Just a hint, take it or leave it.

Also if you want 2D art(Logo/header/website design/concept/etc) At a cheap price I’d be willing to help you out, just PM me :slight_smile:

impressive!

[=Tamaru;14072]
It’s looking great so far! I can see the slow and steady progression of style and art. You and your team are improving well over time! My current piece of advice would be to not base your world to closely with something that exists that it could be compared too(It totally reminds me of GTA V in almost every screenshot), So try to find a style of art and direction that’s a little more unqiue to what you want to depict maybe? Just a hint, take it or leave it.

Also if you want 2D art(Logo/header/website design/concept/etc) At a cheap price I’d be willing to help you out, just PM me :slight_smile:
[/]

Are specific environment pieces ripped from GTAV? If not then what is wrong with this? It looks like an attempt to make a modern day game, not much you can change in terms of art when it comes to that.

wow did you model all these cars and enviroments, it looks great!!!

[=Tamaru;14072]

[/]

Nothing comes from “GTA V”, only the idea and inspiration, we’re building a world based on current time. (we built the map before the release of “GTA V”, check our very very old UDK screenshots on Indie DB). With Unreal Engine 4 we get to that fresh atmosphere that has GTA V and we love it, but we want more.

Don’t worry the game will be different in history and map. :wink:

The sunset scenes are amazing. Well donde!

This earned a FB like from me. GTA meets Burnout/ Need for Speed. :slight_smile:

[=Jhoe Chevarria;14222]
Nothing comes from “GTA V”, only the idea and inspiration, we’re building a world based on current time. (we built the map before the release of “GTA V”, check our very very old UDK screenshots on Indie DB). With Unreal Engine 4 we get to that fresh atmosphere that has GTA V and we love it, but we want more.

Don’t worry the game will be different in history and map. :wink:
[/]

I wasn’t the one who thought it looked like GTA. I was inquiring how Tamarau came to the reasoning in his statement. Keep up the good work.

This looks fantastic, would love to try it out. Are you going to add some off the wall stuff to the game, kinda like Saints Row?

[=SE_JonF;14451]
I wasn’t the one who thought it looked like GTA. I was inquiring how Tamarau came to the reasoning in his statement. Keep up the good work.
[/]

Just giving me opinion on it, take it or leave it lol. That’s what the forum section is about isn’t it :stuck_out_tongue:

It looks nice. Keep up the good work.

This looks so good GTA killer soon to come…! lol

Thanks for commenting :smiley: , AQP City is still under development and will improve much over time, we want a high quality game, a big sandbox. When we’re ready… the first trailer!

(WIP Map. Building new parts of this nice map - from the concept to the engine)

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/1512402_609948535741389_5456832301110810929_n.jpg

It looks nice but if you’re building this as next gen the graphics should be a bit better, right now it looks nice but GTA5 still looks better visually, this sort of looks last gen.

I know it’s a WIP so it’s hard to judge at this stage but keep up the good work!

I would say the graphics are fine. Without millions to back this project it will not compete with Console hits but it will beat out a great deal of the Indies. :slight_smile:

This is a very cool project indeed…

However, I feel somewhat obligated to let you know that you’re going to need to change those cars into pantomimes unless you reach a licensing agreements with the companies that own them. Cars are protected by law too :stuck_out_tongue:

[=Ray Jones 312;18229]
This is a very cool project indeed…

However, I feel somewhat obligated to let you know that you’re going to need to change those cars into pantomimes unless you reach a licensing agreements with the companies that own them. Cars are protected by law too :stuck_out_tongue:
[/]

I also think that car designs are protected as well , not just names , so it’s possible they can’t be used at all .

Yes, you will have licensing problems with the Cars unless you change the names and change the designs so they are slightly different, usually at least 20% difference in design is a safe zone.

Hey man, just a couple of questions out of interest^^

-are you using landscape and the worldbrowser? (if yes, is it all one landscape or are you using multiple ones…asking because of texture sample limitation to get nice variation over large terrains^^)
-if not, is it all static meshes with mesh/vertex paint and if so, how are you LODing?
-is the lighting fully dynamic right now (if yes, how do you use the static reflections because they bleed and shine like hell without lightmass and how do you get the movable light shadows on the directional to cover a large distance while staying sharp
and also have good performance^^)
-if not, how do you manage lightmass for such large worlds :wink:

Sorry for all the questions, I am just curious to know^^