New SDK and Dk2

hi.
Quoting from Oculus forum:

And seems the SDK will be ready today or tomorrow.
what up with UE4? we get full compatible in 4.3.1? when?

DK2 are in the way!

I just got notification that SDK 0.4.0 is up for download. I know Epic is pushing out a 4.3.1 update, will you be able to include the new SDK in this interim release?

yep i too.

i hope they got ready 0.4.0 for 4.3.1!

me too! dk2 should reach people any day now… hope 4.3.1 is all set and ready:)

No mention about the new Oculus SDK in the 4.3.1 preview release:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?22885-4-3-1-Hotfix-Preview-Release

I think we may have to wait a bit longer… 4.3.2 ??

uh, NOOOO they must delay until… !

Well, our DK2 arrived this morning. The ‘out of the box’ compatibility Epic have stated in their 4.3 release notes aren’t exactly true. CouchKnights doesn’t work with the DK2.

So far, the only thing I’ve managed to get working was the rotation tracking. After installing the OVR runtimes from the OVR site, nothing works now. Makes me sad :frowning:

nooo… drats…I was hoping to get all set and running… I really hope they manage a stunt and push 0.4 in 4.3.1 … it would make lots of people very happy eh…:slight_smile:

Yeah, I was looking forward to getting a visualisation project we’ve been working on for the last couple weeks up and running with the new Rift, but it looks like that plan is on hold.

4.3 is actually compatible with the DK2 out of the box. It was built with a special 0.3 version that included DK2 support.

However, there seems to be some conflicts some people are experiencing when they’ve installed the 0.4.0 beta. That beta installs drivers that prevent UE4 from properly detecting the Oculus. We weren’t aware that the 0.4.0 install was going to break UE4, nor that the beta release was coming out so soon after 4.3.

We’re working with Oculus to get this fixed up as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you uninstall the 0.4.0 beta, the UE4 version should work out of the box. We’re really sorry about the timing of this!

thx for the response.

can you predict 0.4.0 beta support for 4.3.1? or its too early?

Glad to hear that there’s a workaround at least - should make it possible to hop right in and get integrations working, even if it’s not on the 0.4 release.

Does this break support for DK1 also? I just tried with Couch Knights and it didn’t seem to work. I expect Couch Knights to work with the DK1, am I right in this?

Yes, this is probably the same issue. We tested Couch Knights on both DK1s and DK2s internally, but we didn’t have access to the 0.4.0 build at the time.

Another update from Oculus: you don’t have to uninstall the display driver, but if you put it into Extended mode, and disable the Oculus service, it should run with UE4.

Last night, I tried throwing in libovr to my ue4 build and started updating the plugin code but gave up when I got to the part where they replaced ovrHmd_EndEyeRender with ovrHmd_EndFrame. Wasn’t sure how to get the parameters you needed to pass into ovrHmd_EndFrame. The rest of the update seemed pretty easy, like updating the function names from SensorState to TrackingState with the exact same parameters. But it was 2am and I needed to wake up at 5:30am so I called it quits at that point.

I might give it another shot this weekend if I’m feeling masochistic.

Thanks for the info, Still waiting on the DK2 to get into my hands

Hey, Oculus is here. Please, read this thread:

I didn’t know they had a camera driver available. That was the only thing that wasn’t working before the SDK broke things. If I uninstall the OVR runtimes, will it leave the camera drivers intact?