4.3.1 Hotfix Preview Release

is a preview of the 4.3.1 Hotfix that will be released soon.

To opt into Hotfix preview, append the applabel below to the target parameter of your Unreal Engine desktop shortcut.

Windows
To apply the applabel on windows, right click your desktop shortcut>Properties.
In the “target” section, add the applabel to the end, after the quotations with a space between the quotation marks and the applabel itself. The Applabel to attach is:

-AppLabel=Production-4.3.1HotfixPreview

Mac
For Mac users, go through the terminal and use the command “open /Applications/Unreal\ Engine.app --args -AppLabel=Production-4.3.1HotfixPreview”

**4.3.1 Preview Fixes: **

• Fixed: Japanese Localization
  • Fixed: PIE with Box BSP affected by Radial Force Actor WorldStatic
  • Fixed: PC to iOS workflow doesn’t properly sign IPAs for distribution
  • Fixed: menu windows do not open when ‘Enable Window Animations’ is enabled
  • Fixed: Landscape Spline: Content created with 4.2 Crashes with 4.3
  • Fixed: only first UV channel is usable other channels are broken and textures will not be mapped
  • Fixed: Morpheus crashes on init

Is that different from the 4.3.1 I got a few hours ago through the launcher?

Hm, seems the launcher downgraded me to 4.3.0 again.

Will include the fix for Behavior Tree nodes which gets prefix of “REINST_” ? We are having a hard time because of issue.

More info: questions/53227/anyone-know-why-42-behaviour-tree-crashes.html

Is the 4.3.1 preview the ‘latest preview’ on github tag?

Is Light Propagation Volumes GI fixed? Its been crashing the engine a lot and a lot of people need it to work (even though it’s still a work in progress :))

[=seenooh;103953]
Will include the fix for Behavior Tree nodes which gets prefix of “REINST_” ? We are having a hard time because of issue.

More info: questions/53227/anyone-know-why-42-behaviour-tree-crashes.html
[/]

I looked into the bug report for that issue and it is still being worked on, so there is not a fix out yet. The developers in charge of it have made some progress, but it will still take some time.

Is there any getting the new Oculus 0.4 SDK integrated with hotfix?

Apparently 4.3.0 doesn’t really work with the DK2s:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?22900-New-SDK-and-Dk2&p=104309&viewfull=1#post104309

[= ;104321]
I looked into the bug report for that issue and it is still being worked on, so there is not a fix out yet. The developers in charge of it have made some progress, but it will still take some time.
[/]

Fair enough.

There is also another issue giving us a hard time, to which a fix has been arrived at. The support technician said that it’ll go live as of 4.4, but I’m wondering if it can make it to 4.3.1?

More info: questions/70620/42-urgent-help-needed-unrecoverable.html

[=PatimPatam;104354]
Is there any getting the new Oculus 0.4 SDK integrated with hotfix?

Apparently 4.3.0 doesn’t really work with the DK2s:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?22900-New-SDK-and-Dk2&p=104309&viewfull=1#post104309
[/]

Seconded! I’ll be getting a DK2 in about a week or so… And I’d really love to be able to use UE4 with the latest Oculus SDK (4.0+) soon…

[=seenooh;104370]
Fair enough.

There is also another issue giving us a hard time, to which a fix has been arrived at. The support technician said that it’ll go live as of 4.4, but I’m wondering if it can make it to 4.3.1?

More info: questions/70620/42-urgent-help-needed-unrecoverable.html
[/]

So I have good news and bad news.

Bad news first: The fix missed the cutoff for 4.3.1

The good new: 4.4’s preview will be out so soon it will make your head spin.

Yep, stoped on terrain work for a few days to go back to AI and had the same issues. Good to hear the 4.4 preview MAY be out soon but what things will make my head spin?. I Hope it’s AI related (and the suggestions ive made about the terrain and foliage tools get added). You can’t just say, It will make your head spin without pointing in a direction, UE4 is a big country.

[= ;104448]
So I have good news and bad news.

Bad news first: The fix missed the cutoff for 4.3.1

The good new: 4.4’s preview will be out so soon it will make your head spin.
[/]

Looking forward to the next release hopefully with all fixes included. As I have been experimenting with Behavior trees and some essential Blackboard Data key types do not seem to be accessible from 4.3. :frowning:

On a lighter note, thanks for the update and keep up the great work!!

hope will be fixed in hotfix:
questions/74635/blueprint-structures-arrays-bug.html

Hi ,

Please be aware that the Hotfix only addresses the issues listed in the original post. We will try to get fixes for other issues as soon as possible in future updates, depending on how severe and widespread the issue is, and how quickly it can be fixed.

Thank you for your understanding. And please be sure to let us know if you find any issues unique to the 4.3.1 Hotfix preview.

Just got my DK2

Want to start workin on UE4 when will there be a update ???

Hi ,

The 4.3.1 Hotfix has officially launched. Please go here for more information: Hotfix 4.3.1 is Live! - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums. Thank you!