[Twitch] Matinee Scene Released - July 24, 2014

Hey everyone, today we’re shipping a new demo on Marketplace. Internally we’ve called it the Matinee Fight Scene. If you’ve seen our Rivalry demo for Android L, you’ll notice the similarities right away. This is the PC demo set in the Reflections Subway which we modified to create Rivalry.

We’ll walk you through how it was built so you can jump into this gorgeous content and use it for your own purposes!

WHEN
Thursday at 2pm ET countdown clock]

WHERE
www.twitch.tv/unrealengine

WHO
Michael Clausen, Senior Cinematic Designer
Tim Elek, Senior FX Artist
Gavin Moran, Senior Animator
Dana Cowley, Senior Marketing Manager

Please drop any questions here!

Two UE stream this week, or moving to Wednesday, is permament ? (;

Or you mean it will be tomorrow ?

Ooops, it’s tomorrow, same time as always.

*I should never be allowed to post before my first cup of coffee. :wink:

What will be the main differences in the upcoming Sequencer tool compared to Matinee?

How long do you expect to support Matinee after Sequencer is released?

Question to Tim.

What do you expect from Cascade 2.0 ? I heard on one of the streams that some work have started (;.

Question for the stream, somewhat unrelated I think :stuck_out_tongue:

How long until translucent surfaces support light-maps, and 2-sided lightmapping for that matter.

Will Unreel (successor to Matinee) enable us to render out movies with audio? Perhaps it doesn’t have to add the audio to the same video file but just create the audio file separately so they would be easier to match up?

Or perhaps this is already available? If it is could somebody point me in the right direction? How is the audio recorded/added to the cinematics that have been rendered out so far?

Its possible to use this Matinee character to another my work?

Hi,

Good day, and Thanks for new Free on Marketplace. Its possible to use this Matinee character to another my work?

Thanks.

For anyone who would like to learn more about this demo, we just published this tutorial over the Matinee Fight Scene today. It covers how the sequence was put together, tips & tricks, and how to alter the project to create your own sequence!